3.0

TERRIBLE DOCTOR show details TERRIBLE DOCTOR
Dec 9th, 2015

Dr Varney doesn't have a secretary so she answers the phone during your visit after waiting almost two hours to see her. I hear she's been through five secretaries in the last year. I was told to come in for blood results then she claimed she didn't have them and no longer accepted my insurance while I was there. After finding results and blaming Quest Diagnostics for everything she wouldn't give me the results unless I paid for them! She said she wasn't a printing shop! It seemed like she cared about herself and not her patients. I wouldn't recommend this doctor under any circumstances.

I should have ran out when I had the chance show details I should have ran out when I had the chance
by Red on Oct 26th, 2015

I was in the the exam room when I decided to read the reviews on this doctor! Lol I wanted to leave. I waited nearly an hour to see her. Two words into our visit she mocked me on my reaction to the critical way she reacted to what I said. She did not give me a complete medical exam to what I came in for. She ordered a blood panel and included a CPK which I dont understand I did not complain about chest pain. She criticized healthy foods that I was on like yogurt and oatmeal. Told me to eat Rabbit. She blamed our American government for the way we eat and think. She is a Russian doctor that speaks poorly and only understand maybe half of what she said. I will look for another doctor and get a more extensive exam. Her office is not very nice neither is her equipment. Think twice about seeing her she's not knowledgeable . She just wants to push her backward Russian beliefs on you. If you find yourself getting an exam please seek a second opinion

by Carolyn M. on Oct 26th, 2015

Dr. Varney has been a great resource for me. My highest compliment is that she "Listens to me" unlike many doctors whom I feel lack the ability to "hear" the patient. Dr. Varney spends the time to understand my issue(s). I admire and appreciate her bedside manner. Her office is small and admittedly sometimes I wait longer than I might like to see her but it's a small price to pay in time to obtain her tremendous personal attention and understanding. Thank you Dr. Varney!

SHOULD LOSE HER LICENSE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE. show details SHOULD LOSE HER LICENSE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE.
Sep 28th, 2015

This doctor should not be practicing medicine. Every doctor takes an oath to treat their patients and this one apparently missed that part of med school. She literally told me "I'm not going to waste [insurance company]'s money to run that test on you" and then proceeded to verbally attack me and my lifestyle. I left in the middle of my appointment so upset I was crying. I will never go back to this doctor and I will continue to tell all my friends and family to NEVER go to this doctor.

First Impressions don't Save lives show details First Impressions don't Save lives
by Ida Wright on Aug 31st, 2015

Before I read any reviews, I want to say that I know that there are negative words about Dr Varney. She is blunt, speaks straight forward about weight, and first impressions aren't always the best due to her busy days. She always take her work home with her. She misses sleep when one of her patients are ER worthy or she is just concerned. She saved my life. I was 297 pounds at one point. She said that if I didn't loose weight I would not see 50. I am 47. Only with her help, faith that I could do it, I have lost over 50 lbs since March 25, 2015. I don't take all the meds that I did. If you want a doctor who will baby you. SHe is not the one, but if you want someone who will do all that she can to keep you healthy, give her a call.

Aug 31st, 2015

Very down to earth and practical. Did not hesitate to answer any questions or discuss her plan of care. Very appreciated.

Thanks to this doctor show details Thanks to this doctor
by Ida M. W. on Jun 17th, 2015

I have been reading the reviews of Dr. Varney, and I understand the frustration with her. I am a very emotional person. I am easily to have my feelings hurt. When I went in to see her the first time, I didn't know what to think. Later, she address my weight (as March 25, 2015 weighed 275 lbs). She did not use sweet candy words, and I was not sure that I would go back. Now it is only June 17, 2015 my weight is 238lbs). I have been taken off my metphormine and other medications. I got really sick, she sent me to the ER. She made me to promise to call her so she knew that I was treated. She misses no words, and you may not pick it up the first time you see her, but she loves her patients. Believe it or not, she cares most for her "fat" patients.

Never visit not even as last resort show details Never visit not even as last resort
Jan 15th, 2015

I went to just get staples removed after just having my appendix out and having a baby four months from the time she looks at my stomach and tells me to lose weight then carries on about a diet. And was just rude and mean. I waited three hours from my appointment time.

Patient BEWARE show details Patient BEWARE
Dec 16th, 2014

She is rude and obnoxious, has no people skills what so ever. Not very knowledgeable. Not sure how she was able to obtain a license to practice medicine, but it should be revoked.... she is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, UNCOMPASIONATE and UNEMPATHETIC. I would not let her consult my corpse. Any good review for her was obviously put there by herself or a coerced staff member.... She doesn't even deserve the star I was forced to select in order to post this review.

excellent Physician show details excellent Physician
Oct 16th, 2014

Honest and caring....wealth of knowledge

by John Kent on Aug 25th, 2014

Dr. Varney is very attentive and thorough. She is very courteous and listens to what I have to say. She is a very sweet person.

Worst Doctor visit I've ever had. EVER show details Worst Doctor visit I've ever had. EVER
Apr 23rd, 2014

I went in recently to see this doctor (new patient) about a minor sore throat and though her office staff was friendly and helpful, she blew me away with how rude and useless she was. Not only could she not properly diagnose me, she spent about two seconds examining my throat and nearly 20 minutes berating me about my weight. I will say, I'm a SLIGHTLY overweight person but when I informed her of my recent diet and exercise regimen and told her about my recent weigh tloss progress, she simply told me that "wasn't good enough" and told me I'd never lose my excess fat without basically starving myself on an insanely low calorie diet based on European standards. Then she started asking me about my last pap and told me I was fine as long as I was with the same partner since my last normal pap. Bu then added "unless he's running around on you because men do that." So not only did she basically call me fat and tell me that diet and exercise wasn't good enough (I've never had a doctor tell me this before), but she then told me not to be surprised if my partner was cheating on me. UNBELIEVABLE. I took the prescription for antibiotics for my throat and got the heck out of there. I will NEVER go back. I recommend everyone stay FAR FAR away from here!

New Patient Visit show details New Patient Visit
by Tracey S on Nov 11th, 2013

Waited two weeks for new patient appointment, sat in waiting room for one hour twenty minutes when the only assistant who apparently is office girl, appointment setter, room set up and every thing else that I could see; to tell me my insurance company still showed my old primary doctor and they either could not see me or I would have to pay full visit as if no insurance. Very poor, she should have done that when I first arrived rather than to have me sit all that time. No way would I ever consider setting another appointment with this doctor. I left without being seen! Had to check the last five options with 1 star just to get this to post.

Sep 25th, 2013

Don't visit this Dr.She cruel, no generous or kind She doesn't like to listen people and her face expressions show hate and anger.

by Carly S. on Aug 31st, 2013

Don't go see this doctor. My appt was at 830 When I got there she wasn't even there. Showed up late and then I still waited on her. Finally got in the room and she didn't listen to anything I said, instead talked about herself and how she was tired and stressed. My appt was at 830 am and I didn't leave until 130pm and I left without even having my health issues addressed

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jul 17th, 2013

I love Dr. Varney. She is very knowledgeable and takes as much time as one needs. I never feel rushed like some doctors who keep their hand on the door-knob. Now that I changed health insurance co., I hope to find a doctor as compassionate as Dr. Varney.

STAY AWAY show details STAY AWAY
Jun 18th, 2013

App at 2. Didn't see "dr." until 3:30. She walked in, asked me what was wrong, I told her the problem (which she did not even address), then she proceeded to tell me what an animal I was because I am FAT. She did not use the term overweight once, just FAT. She told me that I wasn't beautiful because I am FAT and that I have no life goals and would not go anywhere in life because of my size. I can handle someone telling me that I am overweight, I see it EVERY DAY for myself. I knew that my weight would be brought up but in the manner that it was, it was appalling. I left in tears and feeling like a worthless loser! WILL NEVER GO BACK AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU

Not happy show details Not happy
Jun 9th, 2013

I would not choose this Dr again. She did not appear to be very knowledgeable .

EXcellent and caring doctor. show details EXcellent and caring doctor.
Sep 10th, 2012

It was wonderful to find a knowledgeable and caring Doctor that actually spends time with you

HORRIBLE! show details HORRIBLE!
Aug 15th, 2012

She is horrible. Insulted me up and down. Didn't listen to anything I said. Very opinionated and mean. DO NOT GO TO HER! I am telling everyone I know. She is a cruel person.

don't go there show details don't go there
Aug 14th, 2012

Too abrupt, negative, opinionated and rude!!

The best Doctor! show details The best Doctor!
Nov 3rd, 2011

Out of all of the doctors I have been to, Dr. Varney is the best! She is so caring, and loving. She goes out of her way to help people. She takes the time to listen to you, and if needed, she explains everything in full. I love her and her staff. Highly recommended!recom

My Doctor she is the Best! show details My Doctor she is the Best!
Oct 12th, 2011

she is very professional,educated,she is caring,she copassionate, she tells you what to do to heal you, she will find out what ill you have, she find a specialist if you need one, she is a great Physician.

Love her! show details Love her!
Oct 4th, 2011

I love this dr. When I see her it feels like seeing a well educated loving family member who cares for you. I have a complicated issues and she has referred me to specialist that in fact confirm her thoughts on my issues. I was really sick and she came by my house to see if I was ok. Make no mistake, she tells you how she sees but she also listens to me before jumping to conclusions. I would trust her with my life.

Find another Doctor! show details Find another Doctor!
May 13th, 2011

I'm looking for another doctor. I had the first appt and she didn't she came in an hour late. ok maybe she got caught up but then she looked like she was on drugs. she would not let me talk, she finished my sentences with her own conclusions which were wrong! I have medical proof of my conditions and she brushed me off as if nothing was wrong with me. she talked over me the entire time. It was my first time seeing her, I had all medical records with me and she didn't even bother looking at them. it was as if she took one look at me and had diagnosed me of what she thought not what medical records actually proved. Unbelievable!

Excellent Doctor!!!! show details Excellent Doctor!!!!
Mar 30th, 2011

She is very well educated, while at the same time open minded almost to the point of empathy. She really takes the time to know her patients, not their symptoms. She LISTENS... And takes the time to explain. This is NOT your McDonald's medical drive-thru... Highly recommended!!!

Nov 29th, 2010

If you're looking for a quick [but not cheap] way to loose weight Dr.Varney is your lady! I just went their for an annual physical but, after being informed by her receptionist that she "specializes in natural weight loss", tried a very strict diet of hers that was supposed to help with weight loss and my high blood pressure.I did, in fact, loose weight. But, she has the bedside manners of an impatient and close-minded child. If it's important to you to have a Dr that is willing to listen to your concerns and explain their methods....she does not specialize in either.I left her office in tears and will never be visiting her again.

Care for her patients show details Care for her patients
by CJ Britton on Jan 26th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Varney. You will leave her office feeling you have found a Doctor who truly cares about your condition, your concerns and the best course to take regarding your health. She is extremely ethical and skilled in all that she does. She is very direct when speaking to you which I believe is healthier than someone wanting to see you week after week with no resolve.

Oct 13th, 2009

Very abrupt in her manner.

Dr. Varney is an excellent M.D. show details Dr. Varney is an excellent M.D.
by Robert Christian, Sarasota, Fl on Oct 11th, 2009

I have used many doctors in my life. I find Dr. Varney is an excellent physician and provides excellent care and diagnostics.

Fred Robinson show details Fred Robinson
Aug 21st, 2009

Dr. Varney is an excellent physician.Very knowledgeable in the field of Medicine.