Overall Review

3.2

November 4th, 2016
I had a pretty decent visit.
yes, I waited awhile, but the staff was nice and very helpful. She noticed that I had a large thyroid in my neck and very perceptive. I have no idea where the reviews of her manners come about, because she was very nice. I didn't find her rude or obnoxious or anything. Yes, she is soft spoken and she has an accent, but I feel she was very helpful.

September 15th, 2016
Do not go to this doctor!! I was told do eat rabbit & forrest food. Also, to drink chicken blood! On top of that she is very rude and made me very uncomfortable.

July 14th, 2016
Highly disorganized office
A family member of mine recently switched to this doctor's office. We are highly regretting it, and don't trust this office to save our lives. We are going to look for a new doctor's office. Staff are congenial enough. I've seen comments about the brusque manner of Dr. Varney. I honestly believe that this may be due to the fact that some people from other countries are more abrupt and not as smiley as Americans. However, the office is highly disorganized. I called in a refill for a medication, no medication delivered. I called back to follow up, different person had no record that I even called before with the request prior. I asked again for the refill to be called into the pharmacy. Called back later to check that it was submitted before the pharmacy's delivery time. Was told that the relative I was calling about would need to come in for a refill. This relative is a medically frail elderly adult on a long list of medications. Is this relative supposed to go to the doctor's office for every refill she needs? Doctor's office she had before would call in refills to her pharmacy. Though the medication she needs a refill on is important but not critical like her heart medication, I am highly afraid of how her more important heart meds would be handled. I don't trust this doctor's office at all. Going to look elsewhere.

December 9th, 2015
TERRIBLE DOCTOR
Dr Varney doesn't have a secretary so she answers the phone during your visit after waiting almost two hours to see her. I hear she's been through five secretaries in the last year. I was told to come in for blood results then she claimed she didn't have them and no longer accepted my insurance while I was there. After finding results and blaming Quest Diagnostics for everything she wouldn't give me the results unless I paid for them! She said she wasn't a printing shop! It seemed like she cared about herself and not her patients. I wouldn't recommend this doctor under any circumstances.

October 26th, 2015
I should have ran out when I had the chance
I was in the the exam room when I decided to read the reviews on this doctor! Lol I wanted to leave. I waited nearly an hour to see her. Two words into our visit she mocked me on my reaction to the critical way she reacted to what I said. She did not give me a complete medical exam to what I came in for. She ordered a blood panel and included a CPK which I dont understand I did not complain about chest pain. She criticized healthy foods that I was on like yogurt and oatmeal. Told me to eat Rabbit. She blamed our American government for the way we eat and think. She is a Russian doctor that speaks poorly and only understand maybe half of what she said. I will look for another doctor and get a more extensive exam. Her office is not very nice neither is her equipment. Think twice about seeing her she's not knowledgeable . She just wants to push her backward Russian beliefs on you. If you find yourself getting an exam please seek a second opinion

October 26th, 2015
Dr. Varney has been a great resource for me. My highest compliment is that she "Listens to me" unlike many doctors whom I feel lack the ability to "hear" the patient. Dr. Varney spends the time to understand my issue(s). I admire and appreciate her bedside manner. Her office is small and admittedly sometimes I wait longer than I might like to see her but it's a small price to pay in time to obtain her tremendous personal attention and understanding. Thank you Dr. Varney!

September 28th, 2015
SHOULD LOSE HER LICENSE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE.
This doctor should not be practicing medicine. Every doctor takes an oath to treat their patients and this one apparently missed that part of med school. She literally told me "I'm not going to waste [insurance company]'s money to run that test on you" and then proceeded to verbally attack me and my lifestyle. I left in the middle of my appointment so upset I was crying. I will never go back to this doctor and I will continue to tell all my friends and family to NEVER go to this doctor.

August 31st, 2015
Very down to earth and practical. Did not hesitate to answer any questions or discuss her plan of care. Very appreciated.

January 15th, 2015
Never visit not even as last resort
I went to just get staples removed after just having my appendix out and having a baby four months from the time she looks at my stomach and tells me to lose weight then carries on about a diet. And was just rude and mean. I waited three hours from my appointment time.

December 16th, 2014
Patient BEWARE
She is rude and obnoxious, has no people skills what so ever. Not very knowledgeable. Not sure how she was able to obtain a license to practice medicine, but it should be revoked.... she is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, UNCOMPASIONATE and UNEMPATHETIC. I would not let her consult my corpse. Any good review for her was obviously put there by herself or a coerced staff member.... She doesn't even deserve the star I was forced to select in order to post this review.

October 16th, 2014
excellent Physician
Honest and caring....wealth of knowledge

August 25th, 2014
Dr. Varney is very attentive and thorough. She is very courteous and listens to what I have to say. She is a very sweet person.