Dr. Ellen Brock Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Brock?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Brock?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 6 Ratings with 1 Comment

July 18th, 2013

I will regret choosing Dr Ellen Brock.... for the rest of my life !!

I sought out a female OB as soon as I found (via home test) that I was indeed pregnant, thinking 'she' would be more understanding to what I was going through. My first appointments went fine, I felt confident with my choice in doctors. Dr Brock took a sabbatical, to go to Nepal to do volunteer work with women there. I had been seen by her partner, in her absence--and was NOT happy with his rather "rough handling". Upon her return, when I told her that I had chosen to use Henrico Doctors Hospital--and the "birthing suite" (being my first child--I was so excited, and had not given thought to 3rd world countries--and the perils that women faced).... I was met with a tirade on how "entitled" women in the US felt--and how "frivolous" WE are.... when women in Nepal had nothing. (Made e feel guilty for wanting to have a good birthing experience) OK... then I had to tell her that I was concerned--due to her partner's rough handling. If he was so rough during an exam--I feared him in the delivery room. She snapped that "If I am not available, or he is On Call... that is WHO YOU GET" !! Then---I had a concern with "fluid leaking". New the this "pregnancy business"--I didn't know if it was my bladder... or what. WITHOUT CHECKING she diagnosed me as having a "yeast infection"--and quickly wrote a prescription for "Monistat Dual-Pak". I told her (nicely) that It was NOT a 'yeast infection'---No Itch... just annoying.... and had me uneasy. She INSISTED that it WAS...and it was quite common. She ripped the script off the pad, thrust it AT me...and shut the door behind her rather hard. (That was the LAST Time I saw her---until I was being discharged from the hospital--10 days AFTER my son's birth.) I called the office the next day, as the fluid had increased.... and the baby's movements were irritating--'dragging" rather than feeling flowing ... I got no "return call". After calling nearly every OB in Richmond, I found one to see me, as most would not take on someone "so far along" (this was 7/15.... due date was 9/18). The "fluid WAS amniotic fluid".... and had been now "leaking" for 2 weeks !! I never dilated past 1.5cm--an 'emergency c-section' was done after my B/P dropped to 50/32 with a heart rate of 165+. Both my son, and myself had extremely high "white counts" (2 weeks with water broken will do that !!). We have a nurse on video saying that he (my son) only had a 5% chance of "making it though the night". It was a long haul--but he did survive !! Sadly, this ordeal left him with Cerebral Palsy. He has endured repeated surgeries, and will be dependent on a a wheelchair, or walker for the rest of His LIFE. It affects every dimension of his life. It could have ALL been AVOIDED if "due diligence", rather than "attitude" had have been practiced in her office.

March 24th, 2017