Overall Review

August 21st, 2016
Run, don't walk, from this withc, this creature!
Possibly the most horrible doctor I've ever been to (and I've seen many in 55+ years). She's rude, nasty, and judgmental. She also lies just to get you to do what she wants (make follow up appointments, get tests, etc.). She pays attention to what you say, but listening is not the most important thing - doing the right thing based on what you tell her and what she observes is the most important thing. The other problem is she observers with a dark heart and clouded judgmental mind, not an open, caring and educated mind. She sees only what she wants to see. She does only what she wants to do (based on biased judgment clouded by disdain for anyone who is not perfect in her eyes). This is not simply bad beside manner - she's a vile human being that you should not trust with your health. Unless you're a near perfect person in her eyes (you must be just like her, including not an ounce of fat on your body) she will treat you with contempt and disdain, won't take the time to explain your condition and treatment, won't do what's needed (she'll only do what makes here the most money in fees), ridicules you verbally AND actually sneers in disgust at you if you're not what she consider to be a perfect person (not like her), and will man-handle you if you're unlucky enough to have to be on "the table" in her care. At first I thought it was just me, but then I purposely had my husband in the room with me twice, to watch her and listen to her and see us interact, and he agrees - RUN, don't walk from this witch.

April 3rd, 2016
She is all business but there is a fine line between all business and a not so nice person.

May 28th, 2015
Why So Many Haters?
I just started seeing Dr. Haig and was so impressed by the time she took to go over my history before my initial exam. She explained everything she was doing, and never made me feel rushed. She did schedule a colonoscopy for me, and lucky for me, she was able to remove a few polyps. She's always followed up with results of blood work and seems very thorough. While I'm not looking for a best friend, I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone as a Doctor.

February 13th, 2015
"tough love" but qualified medical professional
I wanted to add a comment in light of the many negative reviews. I've been seeing Dr Haig for over 3 years now and without a doubt she's NOT cuddly but she listens intently to what I've said and has offered decent advice in return. Since moving to Long Island over 7 years ago and starting a family, I've visited my fair share of Drs and I don't care what may be their office address, education, or supposed specialty, most are flaky, operate on overbooked schedules, and are quick to prescribe medication instead of inquiring into lifestyle factors that may be the cause of pains, high cholesterol, sleeplessness, etc. Dr. Haig has been the most thorough doctor I've found thus far (properly addressed some concerns about breast cancer when many Drs suggested a "wait and see" approach just b/c a mamo was clear) and she provides sound medical advice with no nonsense. Call me crazy, but I appreciate that. I've also found their staff to be very helpful. I've never waited more than 5 minutes to see the Dr. (or their PA for when I've gone in for flu/sinus infection) I really don't understand why people have had issues it them. My husband has been seeing another Dr in the practice for about 5 years and it was their staff's responsiveness that lead me to inquire into whether they have a woman physician that takes my insurance. When I come in do they yell "Norm!" and save a chair in the waiting room for me? No. But they do their job. What more do you want?

January 29th, 2015
Not very nice
This doctor is cold and rude. Was very nasty to me when I told her I was in pain she told me to toughen up. She is a very cold tough person. Seems smart and well educated which is a shame since her personality is so rude and nasty. The office staff isn't very warm either

April 6th, 2014
Bye bye
Although Dr Haig is very knowledgeable, she does have a horrible bedside manner. It, to me, borders on sadism. I cried in her office once and she sarcastically said, "oh now i have made you cry", handed me a tissue and left the room. That was the last time i stepped foot in her office. Too bad, because she really is a good diagnostician. I think she either does not like people or is fighting her own demons.

February 27th, 2014
HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE bedside manner and attitude. Has a the "Physician=God Complex". She does not listen to the patient or what their needs may be. Instead of giving you her advice she gives you her orders. She is hard, frigid and unbending. In all my years of going to doctors I have never come across anything like her. Beware and stay away!!!!!

January 22nd, 2012
Great Doctor
Excellent doctor. Very caring, kind, knowledgeable and professional. Would highly recommend to all.

January 17th, 2012
I have been a patient of Dr. Haig's for 17 years, when she first started at Internal Medicine. She is very thorough and caring. Those who have an objection are looking for a best friend not a doctor.

October 19th, 2011
Hard to schedule but worth it
I waited three months for a well visit but it was worth it as her combined specialist/internist experience is a value-added experience. The office staff needs to improve thier social skills but once past them you will be in good hands.

July 11th, 2011
scary doctor
I had a colonoscopy done by Dr Haig at Mercy Hospital. in the colonoscopy center. She did not properly sedate me, I was chatting with her thinking she was going to give me more sedation to knock me out once ready to begin, however, she began the procedure, despite the nurse saying.."Dr. the patient isnt alseep yet". I was still awake and she knew it!! I was in SEVERE pain. I began to wretch and vomit the pain was so intense. Finally she gave me more sedation, and I went to sleep. She acted later like nothing had happened. I will NEVER return and tell others to NEVER see her.

June 16th, 2011
Strange Dr
Talks you you almost robotically. Does not answer questions.Have to wait months for an apointment. Impossible to reach when orders tests. Does not follow up on things she orders. Just orders colonoscopys for everyone. Always fast and a wait for sometimes hours. Find another dr this one not good dr and bad personality too.