Dr. Ellen Harpole MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 12th, 2015
I had a great experience. Very kind and professional. Not critical and I felt comfortable asking all kinds of questions

September 29th, 2014
Horrible bedside manner, no sense of empathy. Usually unwilling to answer questions and when pushed for an answer is very snappy and rude. Would not recommend to anyone.

December 3rd, 2013
RUN TO ANTOHER OB!
I really do not understand how she is till in practice. I had to yell to wake up my husband when she told me to push.She could care less how your birth experience is. She had better places to be I guess.She tried to get me to do a c section, I asked her why and she would never explain, so I said NO. I asked her questions during the delivery and she completely ignored me! How can you ignore a women in labor asking questions when pushing when you are between her legs?So then I directed my questions to the nurse and the DR answered the nurse not me.Didn't even look at me. Horrible. She ripped out my pelvic floor form pulling so hard with the suction. I was incontinence severely could not turn over in bed without Draining URINE. She tried to tell me that was normal(bladder and bowel)!They tried to discharge me 3 days after birth without any kind of exam. I asked if someone was gonna look down there before I leave?! They got a pediatrician on staff to do it! I got a UTI my last day and had a fever and was shaking as I urinated all over myself and they tried to send me home. I told them to go ahead and I will go directly to the ER so then they finally did an assessment and started me on antibiotics.

August 1st, 2013
I had no problems with her or the office my first child, when it come time for my second child it was horrible.. she's not so bad but the billing dept is a pain in the rear, i can never get ahold of them, tried calling for 2 weeks, left message after message and never call me back, they waited till now which my son is almost 2 to send out a 5,000$ bill and expect me to pay it because the insurace company wont pay it.. well if they would have filed it in a timely manner and not wait till 2 years later maybe the insurance company would pay it, but im not paying it.........

August 19th, 2012
I have had Dr. Harpole as my OBGYN for what is going on almost eight years. I have never found her anything less than caring. Has always been available to answer questions and to take the time to make a phone call herself! I will continue to recommend her and any other of the Doctors in the same office.

February 23rd, 2012
very rude woman

December 5th, 2011
Love her
She handled both of my pregnancies. Shes amazing and i would recommend her to anyone

August 22nd, 2011
Cold
I saw Dr. Harpole for the first part of my first pregnancy. I was not from the area and so I just picked an office that accepted my insurance. She was the only Dr in the office accepting new patients. I now know why. She was very cold, never introduced herself to my spouse and took very little time answering my questions. She made me feel very uncomfotable and also that my questions were silly. I couldn't imagine her demeanor through my labor and I am now seeing a different Dr. Not a good experience for a first time mpther.

August 5th, 2011
bedside manner leaves much to be desired. felt embarrased, and I'm over 40

April 26th, 2011
I like this doctor because she gets right to the point and she is a good listener.

July 22nd, 2009
Dr. Harpole is not my regular ob but is in the same group. I find her to be very rude and abrasive. With both of my pregnancies, I prayed that she would not be the doctor on call if I went into labor when Dr. Reisinger was not available.