Dr. Ellen Liuzza Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Liuzza?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2015

The doctor spent time with my daughter, went over all her medicines, really seemed concerned about what my daughter's issues were and how she was doing. She recommended some changes, and it was a really good thing we saw her

March 27th, 2015

I really like her so much. She took good care of my daughter, who has a mental disability. The doctor found her cancer and made sure she was treated for it, and she is doing really well. It was an ovary cancer, and that's amazing. I will always appreciate what she did for her. We miss her so much

May 4th, 2014

Uneducated... can't discern a kidney from a back muscle

Don't ask for a sick note verifying you are sick (vomiting due to a stomach virus.) She will tell you she can't do that, you must apply for FMLA???? Most importantly, if your back hurts, she will assume it is a muscle spasm with no physical examination. She will prescribe muscle relaxants. When that doesn't work, she will call in narcotic pain killers. When the vomiting starts, she will call in Phenergen. You go to the ER and find your ureter is blocked by swollen lymph nodes. The back pain was kidney pain... which every Dr knows is a possibility even in back in med school. You end up with a Ureter stent and on steroids. She should not be able to practice. My family should have reported her to the medical association and sued her for malpractice.... but we were too busy fighting for our loved one's life. Every word of this review can be proven.

April 22nd, 2014

extremely disappointed

I have seen this doctor probably 4-5 times in the last several years. She at first was very helpful during original exam. However the last 2-3 times i have gone she told me she would give me muscle relaxers and another medication, when i went to the pharamacy both times they weren't there. I have been struggling with muscle spasms and depression for the last several years-and am in need of this medication. On the last visit i was scheduled for 5 days ago, she called me yesterday trying to make the appointment sooner-wanting to leave, not sure why. I couldn't make the appointment any earlier-and will have to reschedule again-probably won't be seen again for another 5-6 days-being so busy. very frustrated!

January 25th, 2014

Dissapointed

On a Thursday, Dr. Liuzza told me she'd like me to go to a different doctor to be prescribed birth control. I asked for a recommendation and she told me to "ask my friends for one." A day later, I found out my birth control prescription that I've taken for years had run out, so I called her office to see if she'd refill it for one more month until I can find another doctor like she suggested. She told me no. How am I supposed to find a doctor and get an appointment to fill my prescription on a FRIDAY? Birth control is taken on a monthly cycle, and takes one month to start being effective. Because Dr. Liuzza won't prescribe me one more month until I can find a doctor, I'm going to have to start the cycle all over again. I am extremely frustrated and do no understand why she can no longer prescribe me a prescription that she had been giving me for a year. I will no longer be going to her or any other doctor at Baptist Medical Associates.

May 24th, 2013

really seems to think and care

I like Dr L because she seems to really think about my problems. I like that she doesn't want to give me medicine and send me home. She always seems to give me 3 or 4 choices of what to do, and asks me what I think will work...or she will at least explain to me what the options are and why she thinks one is best. She takes good care of me and I'm glad she's my doctor.

March 23rd, 2013

super doctor

I was just looking at my doctors reviews and sisn't plan to write one, but I have to after seeing last one! I've used Dr Liuzza for years, and I love her! She is very thorough, and has an excellent bedside manner! She asks tons of questions, and always wants to know if I think our plan will work for me. I know that it's hard to find a doctor that listens, and I think I have found the right one for me. No, doesn't give antibiotics every time, but that's GOOD. And I know she never gives out medicine unless she believes it will really make a difference. AND she's still taking medicare patients, and that's probably what slows her down...I knoe she has a lot of elderly patients, but she really loves them and you can tell!

February 7th, 2013

Called the day prior to my appt since I had been sick since monday, could not be seen until wed. arrived a few mins early and waited 45 minutes before I was even called back. Dr came in saw me a minute and after that was told it was "viral". However after 4 days of being sick still not better she will not call me in a rx. went to immediate care center and it is sinus infection and got an antibiotic.

September 14th, 2012

Lack of compassion and concern

I hate to write a bad review but I feelI must. I have lived all over the US andhave had many doctors. All chosen out ofthe telephone book or the internet. Ichose Dr. Liuzza from the internet. I waited sixty minutes in the outer officeand ten minutes in the exam room. Total seventy . She came in in a hurry,would not allow me to talk until she said I could speak. Very child like,unprofessional. No bedside mannerswhatsoever. I have a lot going on dueto a car accident that almost took mylife and did take my husbands. Couldnot express myself. I will never recommend her to anyone Iknow for fear they will get the sametreatment.I am not out of the loop as my son anddaughter-in-law are also doctors. Ifeel I do have a little sense, but bythe time I left her office I was doubtingI had enough sense to drive home.

August 30th, 2011

She asks a lot of questions to get to the heart of your problem. She listens to your concerns.

January 7th, 2017