Dr. Ellen Mellow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ellen Mellow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2015

Best Doctor Cardiologist / General Practitioner ever!!!

Dr. Ellen Mellow really changed my life and led me to follow a more focused regimen, that has greatly improved my cardiac situation. Thank you so much!!!!

May 18th, 2015

A very special person and an exceptional doctor.

March 3rd, 2013

4 hour wait

Zero---is my rating. The woman is not all there. I thought she was on drugs when she was nodding off while writing and was not listening while I described my symtoms. Also, on the initial visit, they will try to sell you vitamins. I once waited 4 hrs. and if you leave before you are seen, she will make you sign a paper that says she will charge you for the visit. But, I was on time for my appt. and waited 4 hrs. !!! Then when you see her, she's half asleep. Don't do it--you can die under her care.

November 21st, 2012

An amazing, caring doctor

Dr. Mellow is an amazing, knowledgeable, and caring doctor. As far as the bad reviews go, when I have recommended her to friends, I warn everyone first - she's not someone to go to if you need a quick in and out at the office. You'll wait for her, especially later in the day. And she'll spend forever with you. She's like an old fashioned doctor - she will always fit you in, no matter what, she will thoroughly look into any question you have, she's even called her husband when I've been there late at night to go online and access files and help her get more info! She'll take everything seriously and is always courteous and respectful. If you do make an appointment, aim earlier in the day, and still - call before you head over to see how far behind schedule she's running and ask if you should come in any later than your appt. Because she does spend so much time, and because she'll always let you squeeze in last minute appointments, she's pretty much always running behind. But if you are willing to deal with that, she's the best doctor. Her specialty is cardiology, so she always runs echos and ekgs at my physicals, and if it weren't for her, no one would have ever caught my thyroid cancer when we did. I highly recommend her and the friends and coworkers who have met with her love her, too.

July 12th, 2012

Not only is she inept and has a couple of loose screws but she makes questionable deals with other healthcare entities . These deals help to line the pockets of all those concerned...except the patient.

June 25th, 2012

This doctor is not reliable. I'm pregnant but she prescribed me a medication that caused birth defects.

March 3rd, 2012

Something is seriously wrong here Stay away.

December 8th, 2011

I waited for 2 hours to see Dr. Mellow and then another 2 hours for tests and to see her again.

September 21st, 2011

Amazing Doctor

Dr. Mellow is one of a kind. Rarely do you encounter a doctor that is so thorough and genuine. She truly cares about the well being of her patients. Every encounter I've had with her has been wonderful. I have recommended her to all my friends and family and they all feel the same way.

September 15th, 2011

exceptionally thorough and insightful doctor

I have seen Dr. Ellen Mellow a number of times, for rutinary reasons like 'check-ups' as well as in case of illness. In another couple of times I have also seen her while accompanying my wife who needed attention. Across these experiences I came to the conclusion that Dr. Mellow is a most exceptional doctor on the thing that matters the most: to take care, fully, thouroughly and insightfully of MY HEALTH. And yes, she also has a very pleasant personality and her team is great.In a couple of instances in which issues were simple to resolve, the rendez-vous was straightforward and effective. But in a recent instance in which I showed a pretty unusual viral patology, and in a similar case in which my wife developed obscure symptoms affecting her upper body mobility, Dr. Mellow took these cases so diligently and rigorously that I was impressed. What a caring!... and what an analytical mind! In one case, that of mine, she undertook the analyses that needed to be undertaken until she nailed down the disease and secured an effective treatment. In the case of my wife, by narrowing down the problem, Dr. Mellow came to suggest the right specialist to follow the case through, which allowed a prompt and specialized attention to her disease without wasting a minute. Out of curiosity I read a couple of her reviews in this site, and I came across something that I feel I should comment on, regarding waiting time during the visit. My 'average' waiting time from several visits may be around 30 mins, which is pretty normal. And my visits were in most occasions of a normal duration. But I was also exposed to a long waiting time twice, AND twice as well I (or my wife) held consultations which were long... because the cases indeed required a exhaustive examination! I felt, as much as Dr. Mellow, very sorry that because she was giving me so much time another patient had to be waiting ...; but I reckoned that in giving me the time she saved me from a long and severe illness. Thus, when it happened that I had to wait 'long' in the waiting room, I felt more in solidarity with the patient who was receiving the necessary care and felt reassured that, if I needed it, I will get it as well. In these cases it should not be my selfishness the metric, but the Doctor's judgement. And after the various experiences, I concluded that her judgement is far above the norm.

September 14th, 2011

Very good doctor

Dr.Mellow is an excellent cardiologist and internist. I have been her patient for more than 10 years. She is one of the best doctors I have ever met.

September 13th, 2011

Best dr hands down

Dr. Mellow saved my life, on my first visit she spent over a hour with me...she is very thorough... Just after listening to my heart she sent me for an echo and other test which concluded the need for surgery. She did not give up where other doctors have.. Dr.mellow is worth the wait..