Dr. Ellen Merenbach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 21st, 2009
Dr. Merenbach is very professional, answers all my questions, and makes me feel at ease. She is never dismissive of my problems and I know she really cares about doing her job well.

February 11th, 2009
uncaring and incompetent
I went in for an office visit and requestd my blood sugar be checked. It was 468, my heart rate was 129. I was sent home with a prescription for Metformin and told to take 1/2 tablet twice a day, she was not at all alarmed. I exchanged E-mail with Ms. Merenbach daily, by my own choice, to inform her of my blood sugar, regardless of her lack of concern or action, I knew my health was at a critical crossroads. After two days she doubled the dosage of Metformin, my blood sugar was still over 400. I told Ms. Merenbach I was beginning a rigorous excercize program and asked her if I needed to be cautious or wait for my blood sugar to go down,she said go right ahead without comment or restriction. I bring this point up because I have read literature from the am.diabetes assoc. that says one should avoid strenuos excercize if your blood sugar is over 200. If I had followed Ms. Merebach's advice/direction, I might very well be dead today. As well, after exchanging E-mails with her for multiple days, I all of a sudden get an auto reply that she will be out of the office for a number of months and to call the main number and the physician on duty would deal with me. I was completely stunned that this supposed health care professional had no regard for me or my health, she never said a word to me. I am sending Ms. Merenbach a letter, although I am relatively certain she won' have the courage or compassion to respond. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COST, HER CARE COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFE.