A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ellen Scherl:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ellen Scherl is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scherl
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Scherl Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ellen Scherl, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Clinical Research
- Crohn's Disease
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Scherl graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. She has 5 awards.
Dr. Scherl has 5 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ellen J Scherl MD is a female Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Ellen J. Scherl practice?
- Dr. Ellen Scherl has 1 office location.
Dr. Ellen Scherl practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Gastroenterologists.