A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ellen Sher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ellen Sher is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ellen Sher, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sher graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Sher has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sher accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- University Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ellen R. Sher practice?
Dr. Ellen Sher practices Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Allergy & Immunology, and Adult Medicine near Ocean, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Middletown, NJ and West Long Branch, NJ.