Dr. Ellen Stein MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Baltimore, MD

3.0

May 24th, 2017
Intelligent and detailed doc
Her assistant (another MD) went over my medical history for an hour -- very detailed. Then saw dr stein who went over it again. Very thorough and intelligent -- asks good questions and I have a complicated case. Told her I wanted a 6 month plan upon leaving and she was completely on board. Am happy to see here again as my original doc (Dr. Dhalla) transferred from Hopkins. Would recommend Dr. Stein to anyone.

November 13th, 2015
Expected so much more from Johns Hopkins
Expected to have amazing care because I was going to JHU. Expected to find a doc who thought beyond the box to help me with my disease. I was very disappointed. Her bedside manner is one that does not seem to care or connect with patients. She spent very little time with me and provided report but no face to face or discussion on phone on my test results. Was irritated with questions and did not help me in any way or answer my questions when I left messages on the portal. It was a very disappointing experience when you are going for much needed testing, diagnosis and treatment. I would not recommend Dr. Stein to anyone.

July 13th, 2015
Excellent and caring
I have seen Dr. Stein 3 or 4 times in total over a period of about 18 months. She is interestes; compassionate, accessible by email for medical questions, and an accurate diagnostician. Very happy to be her patient.

June 4th, 2015
My son saw Dr. Stein after 2 years of misdiagnoses, weight loss, frequent ER visits, ineffective medicines. Absolutely loved her! Very caring, took as much time on the appt. as we needed. Once the correct diagnosis was reached, both the hospital and Dr. Stein were quick to help us with solutions. Unfortunately my son needed surgery to correct his problem, but Dr. Stein and her staff were very attentive to our needs and always returned phone calls, etc. Follow ups have been very thorough as we continue to see her. Highly recommend her, especially in situations where a correct diagnosis is elusive.

February 25th, 2015
In it for your money
Don't waste your time. It just seems like she is in it for the money. Doesn't listen and down plays your symptoms to the point you think you are inventing them.

February 13th, 2015
Insensitive, doesn't listen to patient concerns
Dr Stein didn't listen to me and made no effort to understand my purpose in visiting her. She recommended unnecessary tests and scheduled me for visits with other specialists, without consulting--or even notifying--me.

December 30th, 2014
Awful experience
She acted like a Judge. Her diagnosis was terribly wrong. I am still extremely ill and wish I had never met this so-called doctor. She cared nothing about me. Absolutely no follow up was made. Waited two hours to see her after waiting three months for my appt. Stay clear of this doctor.

October 1st, 2013
Does not care for all patients
I don’t even know where to start. This doctor is not worth your time. On my first appointment she asked about my eating habits. I tried to explain to her I was not eating much because of the vomiting her response and I quote “ That is the problem with you skinny girls” . I thought it was a fluke but that level of care continued. Anytime I call for help takes 1 month to return my call. Can’t get an appointment unless it is 8 months out. 1 year, $24000 and on the verge of losing my job later I have the feeling that she just does not care. If she doesn’t want to treat me she should release me to another dr. there. It’s a shame Hopkins is suppose to be the best and I just got robbed.

August 19th, 2013
Love Dr. Stein!
I first started seeing Dr. Stein roughly three years ago. She was very caring and empathetic and thorough in her courses of treatment. She listens and spends a very appropriate amount of time with each visit. I highly reccomend her.

July 1st, 2013
Dr. Stein is a thorough and caring doctor. Highly recommended.

October 14th, 2012
Hard to reach
Dr Stein is hard to reach. Post surgical procedure she was not available when problems arose. See somebody else.