Dr. Ellen Weinberg MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Cambridge, MA

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 27th, 2009
Very unprofessional - only cares about getting paid
My daughter and I took my 6 year old granddaughter for a follow up visit to Dr. Weinberg. She has had repeated ear infections 3 surgeries (2 tubes and remove adnoids). The doctor came in very nice and professional, concerned about the fluid still in her ears after 2 doses of antibiotics - talking about a CTScan, possible more tubes, etc - she now has permanent hearing loss, of which Dr. Weinberg was very concerned about. When we discussed the CT - she said she had to check with her office staff about where to have it for insurance purposes. When she returned, she announced we had a problem, as the insurance company & back up medicad had not paid her surgery bill of June. My daughter indicated that no one from the office notified her and that she would be happy to call them, but that her staff really need to follow up with both the insurance and medicad. Dr. Weinberg was very upset, angry and unprofessional, telling us there was not point of talking about any treatment going forward until this matter was resolved. Again, we pointed out that she did have insurance so it wasn't a matter of not getting paid. She announced, "I don't work for free and there is not point of talking any further until this is cleard up" We again tried to say it would be resolved even if we had to pay it all out of our pocket and once resolved what were the next steps - she threw a perscription at us and told us that there was no point and walked out of the office, basically refusing to treat her further until she got paid. This is totally uncalled for and unprofessional. I would like to file a formal compalaint. How would we do that?