Dr. Ellen Wilber MD Patient Reviews

• 6 reviews

November 3rd, 2016
Love Dr. Wilber!
My husband and I were having trouble conceiving for about a year before we decided to see a fertility expert who ended up being Dr. Wilber. We both loved her immediately and feel so fortunate to be in her care. She was reassuring, calming, responsive, supportive, educational and funny in that initial visit and has continued to be so consistently throughout my pregnancy, delivery and post-partum care. One of the many things I love about her is her pragmatism and patient-centrist approach that is never judgmental or patronizing. I've recommended her to all my friends and even brought my parents to meet her. She's like a family member to us. I've lived in four of the top metropolitan cities in America and The Polyclinic is by far the best care I've ever received.

August 10th, 2015
Gets you in there, blows you off, just wants your money
I was referred to Dr. Wilber by my regular doctor for treatment of PCOS. I had such great experiences with my regular doc that I thought going to another one within the same clinic would be a breeze. Boy was I wrong to get my hopes up! While Dr. Wilber was nice enough as a person, as a doctor she was rushed and didn't seem to think I knew anything about my condition--the treatment I was interested in pursuing, she essentially wrote off right away, advising me to continue with the treatment plan I'd already been on that was not having any results, and recommending hormonal birth control even when I had already said it was not an option. I was treated as though I knew nothing about this condition I had been living with for quite some time, and had no right to express interest in a different course of treatment. Her time was obviously way more valuable than mine and she must have had somewhere very important to be. No bedside manner at all. Then I was pressured into scheduling some ultrasounds that I'd been told previously were expensive and next to unnecessary for me. She made it seem as though she wasn't interested in exploring further treatment or taking me seriously without the tests. Wish I'd just said no thank you and moved on, but I was young, inexperienced, and a little scared. Months later, I was still on the same treatment that hadn't helped, and was over $1000 in debt to the clinic because of the pointless tests and visits I was basically forced into. It's been a year and I'm still paying off these bills. Luckily, I found another doctor in another clinic who has been amazing. If you like being part of your own health care decisions and not being bullied into expensive and unnecessary procedures, look elsewhere for help.

March 10th, 2015
Her time is WAY more important than yours!!!
I had been to see this doctor a few times. Each time I waited to be seen at least 45 minutes after my appt time. Dr Wilbur is rude, abrupt...horrible bedside manner. Doesn't listen to what you are saying ....doesn't care..All she wants to do is send you for a bunch of unnecessary tests. I would stay far away from this office

October 14th, 2013
Not for me
I went to Dr. Wilbur because my primary Dr at the Polyclinic suspected I'd need a hysterectomy. My consult with her was distressing, her bed side manner is very direct and I felt like I was seen as a giant uterus, not a human being. As soon as I left her office I broke down in tears. Her surgery assistant was less than helpful when I asked about surgery date options. I was ordered to have an MRI but could not get the results in a timely manner because Dr Wilbur was on vacation and the overworked and chaotic office staff would not or could not get another OB/GYN to call me back with the results when they came in. I sought a second opinion and chose another OB/GYN outside of the Polyclinic that I felt comfortable with. Glad I did – the surgery was long and complicated but the surgeon and her staff were superb.

April 21st, 2010
Rushed doctor with lack of follow up & misdiagnosis
I was referred to Dr. Wilber by a colleague, but quickly switched to the male doctor in their practice, Dr. Agress after a traumatic emergency birth thanks to Dr. Wilber's misdiagnosis and poor follow up. Dr. Wilber was late and rushed with each of my appointments during my 1st pregnancy.My husband& I could hardly get a word in, she went so fast. She made, what two doctors and a specialist later saw in review of my records, an astounding misdiagnosis when warning signs were readily present early in my pregnancy. While she sent me home with little follow up, I grew sicker with toxemia and had to be emergency delivered at 32 weeks. After a week in intensive care and a month for my baby in NICU, Dr. Wilber's only response was, 'Well, we knew this was going to happen.' Question: WHY, if you knew your patient was going to get sicker, would you send her home to bedrest without any follow up tests, pregnant and sick, at grave risk to her and her baby, to die from eclampsia? WHY?

March 17th, 2009
Personable
I love Dr. Ellen Wilbur. She did the best c-sec. My prev. obgyn left a nasty scar, and was too busy, so i searched and found Dr. Ellen Wilbur...she fixed the previous scar through my 2nd c-sec. scar is hardly visible. She remembers everything I said or what as happened to me the previous year (during conversation, so i know she is really listening and cares), the following years when i have my yearly with her. I would highly recommend her.