Dr. Ellen Zimmermann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5
  • 6 reviews

August 4th, 2016
Worst Doctor I have ever seen
I have had multiple appointments with Dr. Zimmerman and each one has been over 3 hours long due to her overbooking. The last appointment I made was so bad that when it hit the 3 hour mark I got up and left the office. upon my exit I requested that she please refill my prescription which would expire soon. She did not refill my prescription with my pharmacy and it has now been 8 days since I have had my medication. My pharmacy and I have called for the past 2 days trying to get her to send something to them so that I can get the medication that i need to not have a flare up. The staff has informed me that Dr. Zimmerman actually knows that I am out of my medication and has not signed the required paperwork to get my medication filled. I will not be back to see this Doctor and may be leaving this institution.

January 22nd, 2013
Do not make an appointment !!!
After waiting 3 months to get an appoint - Spent 1 hour and 45 minutes waiting and never saw the doctor. No apology no explanation. Will not return to this practice. Furious!!!

October 2nd, 2012
patient caregive
Patients are lucky to get 5 minutes every 6 months. Distant and rude if you do get in to see her. She is very typical of University of Michigan Health System doctors.

May 17th, 2011
I agree with you. I went to see her for a second opinion. She ordered the tests, I had them done and she never contacted me to give her professional opinion about what should be done. She basically wrote me off (passed the buck). I was left terrified since my PCD had highly recommended her. Is patient care now all about$$? I will always regret her for that. My hope is that one day someone will leave her hanging with her health in the balance as she did me. Maybe she's just burned out from to many years of PRACTICING medicine.

April 19th, 2011
Not good, at all
She used to be good but now she completely changed and like all other g.i.'s, she will push you into getting a colonoscopy when you don't need one so she can get the $8000+ for 5 minutes of work. And if you don't agree to get one, she will give you the worst service ever and treat you like you are worthless to her. If you're not a highly profitable patient to her, she could care less about helping you or paying attention to anything you are saying or help you get better

March 19th, 2009
After 6 months of pain, Dr. Z was the only one who diagnosed Crohns and has helped me be painfree :)