Dr. Ellie Bloomfield MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 1st, 2016
NEGLIGENT DOCTOR
I visited Dr. Ellie Bloomfield in early 2014. I should have known she was only interested in wealthy patients. I was on Cov CA which I considered to be a useless form of medical insurance. Another patient in the room not with Cov CA expounded on and on how he paid extra money to Ellie and she gave him super good care and discovered an underlying condition. He thought she was so clever. But she has a very mean nurse and hardly any staff. I saw her 2 times and was told that Cov CA was a "big mess" so I could just do my own leg work for services. She would be happy to fax over her approval if I wanted to do all the work myself. On my second visit I was told since I hadn't had an abnormal pap smear for 3 times in a row I never needed to have another one in my life. Next she told me that since I had a mammogram the previous year I didn't really need one of those either. Recently I went onto Medicare. The current GYN, a super good doctor, said "Nice but you need a pelvic every year." Then she said she recommended I have a mammogram every year under "A Well Woman Exam." I had needed my eyes checked for GLAUCOMA but Ellie apparently didn't want to be bothered with me. She seemed nice but don't go to her if you don't have bunches of extra money and are on Cov CA.

September 8th, 2015
unfortunate experience
After 12 years with this doctor, I was asked to leave as a patient. I guess being upset about the lack of interest in my health isn't permitted in her office. When I needed her most, she made herself unavailable to me. Sorry it ended this way, but I found a great Dr.

September 30th, 2014
Mrs.
Dr. Bloomfield is very available to her patients. She listens and is willing to try new methods. She is very down to earth and compassionate. I trust her judgment.

March 27th, 2013
Understanding
I recently wrote Dr. B (as we fondly call her) a letter regarding my mothers mental health. My mother is 87 and has had a very difficult year with Life changes and the physical effects of aging. Dr. Bloomfield was very booked that day, yet made the time to speak with me and gave me encouragement. Then she spoke with my mother. My 87 year old mother came home a calmer, kinder individual. The power of "understanding" is a gift the Dr. Bloomfield has and all our family appreciates it.

November 27th, 2012
Generally speaking the doctor is very nice. I've been coming here for years and recently it seems like she doesn't have add much time for patients. Its becoming more and more like a cattle call. At least three patients sign in for the same appt time so you know you won't be seen in time. My most recent visit had over an hour wait but if i was over an hour late, I'd be charged a fee. The office staff can be nice but professionalism seems to be lacking. I've heard countless private details about other purple from the front desk while I'm sitting in the waiting room so I can only imagine what details people have heard about me.