Dr. Elliot Aleskow Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Elliot Aleskow?

Posted on April 5th, 2016

He talks down to his patients and doesn't treat them as equals. This has gotten worst as he has gotten older.

Posted on March 5th, 2015

Dr. Aleskow is a mediocre doctor at best. While the general logistics of the visits flow fairly smoothly, he performs his diagnoses from an arm chair and passes out referrals for specialists rather than preform the most basic examinations himself. Please see the below event as an example of Dr. Aleskow’s inadequate practice: I came to the doctor for a specific medical issue/concern along with a visit for a yearly physical. Immediately upon explaining my symptoms to not Dr. Aleskow, but his assistant, he brings me in to his office and hands me a written referral for a gastroenterologist before doing any form of physical exam. (It turned out that I had a simple hernia, but the Dr. was preparing me to go to his referral to get tested for worms! While it is likely that one can get worms in a first world country, that is not the most logical conclusion one draws when someone describes anal itching. Even a quick google search or WebMD search knows that). When the exam did begin, it was quick and haphazard as if he had other things to move on to. He never even examined me for my specific issue I came in for. I ended up going to another doctor three days later because it was obvious that Dr. Aleskow’s exam was inadequate. The new doctor was shocked that Dr. Aleskow was negligent in performing the most basic check. It turned out that it was a simple hernia. The new doctor diagnosed this within a minute of me explaining my symptoms, and confirmed it with a simple exam. A week later I tried to get a hold of Dr. Aleskow’s office, as advised by him to learn the results of my blood work. It then took Dr. Aleskow another week to finally get back to me with my results, only after I called a second time and noted that this was not my first attempt to get my results. To Dr. Aleskow’s credit, he did call me back within hours of my secant attempt to get ahold of him. Dr. Aleskow then asked to schedule another appointment for further followup. I politely declined Dr. Aleskow’s request for a followup visit and told him I would be seeking future medical treatment from a different practice. One would think this was the simple end of the story, but Dr. Aleskow called back within 15 minutes trying to get me to come back to his practice. I told him no and restated the reasons above. Dr. Aleskow then went on to explain that he did not make a mistake as this was part of his reasoning for giving me a referral. I noted the doctors error in his logic, as a rectal exam is indeed part of an adult male’s physical, with or without a hernia. He claimed that this is an invasive procedure and he did not want to subject me to it. I responded to Dr. Aleskow by informing him that not only is this a standard procedure in male physicals, but he failed to even perform a visual exam (which would have shown the simple issue). Dr. Aleskow arrogantly and belligerently continued to try to argue his case. Not only is Dr. Aleskow a bad doctor, his response to this whole situation was unprofessional. For those that read this, please seek your medical help from another doctor.

great diagnostician

Posted on March 12th, 2014

dr. aleskow is the absolute best. have been seeing him for about 35 years. he is kind and compassionate. his referrals to specialists are flawless, the doctors keep the same high standards. the office staff is competent, reliable and courteous. he runs a very efficient operation with the caveat of long waits. that is because if you are very ill, he will fit you in, thereby delaying things a bit. it's well worth the wait.

Posted on January 11th, 2014

I am not sure he's the best doctor for women. He said he only deals with what's above the waist. Disappointing to say the least.

Very Happy 10 Year Patient

Posted on October 30th, 2013

Dr. Aleskow has been my GP for about 10 years. He is one of the best professionals I have ever dealt with, medical or otherwise. His office is very efficiently run and his staff is a pleasure to work with. Getting appointments is fast for time sensitive matters and waiting time when arriving for an appointment is minimal. They are very efficient. The best thing about Dr. Aleskow is that he is outstanding at what he does. His annual physical exam is really thorough. He asks a lot of questions and listens carefully. Consequently, he is excellent at diagnosing problems. If a specialist is required, he is connected with the very best in the region and sometimes calls a specialist on the spot to arrange an appointment. His memory and follow up are incredible. It doesn't get any better than Aleskow for medical care!

Brilliant and Personable

Posted on October 4th, 2013

i have been dr. aleskow's patient since the beginning of his practice. we are the same age and both from this area, so there was an immediate connection on that level. i'll never forget my first visit when he said, "i can cure this!" and he did just that. i've seen him for multiple problems, many which required surgery. often he's referred me to a specialist, and the physicians he has sent me to have also been absolutely first-rate. i do a lot of homework when any drug or treatment is recommended to me. he does not brush off questions nor has he ever been offended when challenged. he also does not overprescribe! medications, dr. aleskow has never misdiagnosed me, and i've had many medical issues over the last 30 years. he may seem distracted at times (very busy and a multitasker). he is a humanist who doesn't make an acutely ill patient wait a week for an appointment, so he tends to run late. just bring a book; he's worth the wait. his staff is happy to help with referrals and emergencies and very courteous. another thing i value about him is that he always returns phone calls himself, usuallly the same day; he does not fob them off on a nurse or office person. he's a kind and reassuring person and i'd recommend him to anyone.

Excellent primary care physician

Posted on October 13th, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Aleskow for years and can truly say he is one of the very best doctors I've ever encountered. Intelligent, accurate, considerate. One of the things I admire best about him is that in this fee-for-service health care world in which we live, he makes a point of doing only what is necessary and what is best for the patient, with a bias for avoiding over-medicating and over-treating.

Undeniably the best in the business!

Posted on January 26th, 2009

Dr. Aleskow is not only an extraordinary expert in so many medical areas, but he has the compassion and genuine caring rarely found in today's medical world. After 30 years under his care, his diagnoses have always been 100% and he has been so thorough... avoiding many potential problems. His greatest attribute is his genuine caring about his patients...so rare to find such a talented physician who takes the time to treat each and every patient so completely...from the initial visit to the followup. He is undeniably the best in the business!!

Posted on October 22nd, 2016