Dr. Elliot Joo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

January 31st, 2016
Surprised anyone would have anything good to say about this Dr.
One of the most cold, uncommunicative, disinterested doctors I have ever seen. Not only was he unable to come up with any professional help at all, he suggested testing that is inappropriate. He clearly has a high opinion of himself, which is totally undeserved. He does not spend anywhere near enough time or care with patients & seems to immediately make up his mind to like or very much dislike (which is obvious from the beginning of the encounter) them.

January 26th, 2015
 After several months and three different kinds of antibiotics, I was referred to Dr. Joo by my primary care physician. I saw Dr. Joo for my first appointment and we discussed being on the Dificid and fecal flora transplant. I was distrot when I found out that he has never actually performed one before. Finally coming to the point where I am in extreme pain and diarrheaing out blood, he instructed us to go to the ER immediately. I spent two and a half days in the hospital with Dr. Joo preparing us for a fecal transplant. Our donor drove 3 1/2 hours at a moments notice, called her doctor and ordered up all the necessary labs, only to have Dr. Joo call the whole thing of at the last minute saying my pcr test came back negative (even though it was done while I was on antibiotics) and that nothing must be wrong with me! I am extremely disappointed in his lack of compassion and his apparent pompous attitude. His indecisiveness from his lack of experience has caused nothing but a lot of heart ache, time, and money. I can't express enough how disappointed I am in his series of decisions. I feel like I now have taken 3 steps backwards. I would say that my symptoms haven't changed, but I have now been taking enough Immodium that I shouldn't have to worry about having a bowel movement for the rest of my natural life!

April 15th, 2009
A fine example
Dr. Joo answered all of my questions, made sure I had appropriate followup, and went out of his way to overbook me to his clinic so I could be seen. He was also probably the most knowledgable doctor I have ever met. I look forward to my appointments with him.