Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
by James Johandes on Sep 23rd, 2014

Easy man to talk to. Actually makes a visit enjoyable. I have recommended him to several friends. They all continued with him and feel the same. He is a good choice!

|  show details
by Cancer sick on Aug 25th, 2014

This is the absolute worst doctor you could ever find. I kept complaining I didn't feel well for years. My white and red blood cells were down and my spleen enlarged. He kept insinuating it was all in my head. Finally I got angry and told him "don't you think it's time you send me to an oncologist". He did and they found out I have terminal Leukemia and needed chemo asap. For 6 years every time I came to see him I wore a mask since the chemo made me infection susceptible and he would badger me to take off the mask since in his head I was a hypochodriac. I told him I have NKT Leukemia and I have terminal cancer. He replied for having terminal cancer you are sure doing well and we have no notes from your Oncologist. I told him you have the blood results in front of you with my Oncologists name on it (Specialist at UC Irvine). Then he continued to tell me "you have strange conceptions of your health". I finally got angry and said "I have NKT Leukemia and Lymphoma and a lot of infections, I go to UC Irvine and now they are sending me to Stanford. I am NOT a hypochondriac!" A few weeks later I received a letter stating that he had dropped me as a patient and I was not to return to the center. I have gone to that medical center way before he started treating me. I tried calling to get another doctor in the same place but they refused. I finally filed a complain against him with Dignity Health. Don't go to him if you feel really ill because if it wasn't for my other doctor I would have been dead a long time ago. If you just have small time issues he is good for getting prescriptions but should actually not practice medicine at all!

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
by Jim J. on Aug 28th, 2013

He was referred to me by the nurses at the local hospital. They KNOW who is good and who isn't. This doctor spent a good amount of time with me. More than I thought I would get. Listened to what I had to say. Asked pertinent questions. Tells it like it is. Makes a dreaded visit to the doctor enjoyable. I have referred two people to him and they both say the same.

|  caring and strterriaightforward  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

wonderful ,concerneda little blunt

|  2 1/2 years suffering from same problem  |  show details
May 30th, 2011

I went to CCP and Dr. Klaw on recommendations from others and have been disappointed. Not thorough, not solving the underlying causes, just reacting to my symptoms with a variety of medications that made me feel worse. Horrible bedside manner when in office and as physician on call. Did not answer my ? about medications or any of the side effects. I would go elsewhere!

|  A good doctor who asks lots of questions  |  show details
by Patrick Mu**** on Mar 26th, 2010

This doctor take plenty of time with me for physicals, and asks lots of questions. He is there when I need him and knows my other doctors on a first-name basis. I've had three doctors over the past fifteen years. Dr. Klaw has been my doctor for about five years now, and he is by far the best doctor I've had.

|  PART-TIME PRACTICE  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2009

KLAW IS OBSESIVE ABOUT SOME THINGS AND WON'T LISTEN TO PATIENT. KLAW IS gone most of December. He is off for 8 days of Hanuka and the same for Christmas, plus he takes Fridays off. The he also takes vacations other times of the year. If you want a doctor concerned about you, don't go to him.