Dr. Elliott Schaffer Is this you?

5 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.9

Should have asked for my co-pay back

Posted on December 29th, 2008

Went there for pain in neck upon palpation and numbness in fingers upon waking and in mornings x1 week. Prior to doctor, assistant took BP -- was supposed to take temp and never did. BP was highest ever for me (148/100). I heard assistant tell Dr. Schaffer BP. Dr. felt my neck -- didn't know what was wrong. Never checked my heart beat or lungs as Dr. Shmokler does. (Dr. Shmokler also re-checks BP himself.) Dr. Schaffer never mentioned my BP. He also shrugged off my numbness saying that's pretty normal. Upon check-out, I expressed my displeasure with another assistant who asked if Schaffer rechecked BP. Negative. She said he must have felt it was viral so no meds for neck. I said I don't know how he knows that because no one took my temp. The other assistant who took my BP asked if I wanted her to take it. I declined and said I'd take it myself when I got home. All-in-all, I can't believe the lack of empathy. My BP was pretty alarming, yet no mention of it by Dr. Schaffer. He just told me to make another appt. for bloodwork and a physical. I should have asked for my co-pay back. Needless to say, I'm presently searching for another doctor.

Posted on January 8th, 2015