A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ellis Avner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ellis Avner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ellis Avner, MD is board certified in Pediatric Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Gene Therapy
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Cystic)
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Diseases
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (Autosomal Dominant)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (Autosomal Recessive)
Education & Awards
Dr. Avner graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Avner has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Children's Hospital of WI - Kenosha
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Avner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 4 plans
- Anthem - 7 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Managed Health Services - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ellis D. Avner practice?
Dr. Ellis Avner practices Pediatric Nephrology near Milwaukee, WI.
See Milwaukee Pediatric Specialists.