A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ellis Charles:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ellis Charles is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Charles
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Charles Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ellis Charles, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Charles graduated from Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Sul, Porto Alegre. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Charles has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Queens Hospital Center
- East Orange General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ellis Benj Charles MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Ellis B. Charles practice?
- Dr. Ellis Charles has 1 office location.
Dr. Ellis Charles practices Psychiatry near East Orange, NJ.
See East Orange Psychiatrists.