Dr. Ellis Schwied Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ellis Schwied?

April 17th, 2016

My parents made me go see him after I was having some problems, and while I don't think he is a bad person, he wasn't a good doctor. i tried nearly 6 antidepressants in I'd say 4 months of seeing him. Also I dreaded the sessions because I just never felt comfortable opening up and my instinct was right because he would literally talk about himself and his life for nearly all of the appointment.

May 28th, 2015

Dr. Schwied literally saved my life. My son died suddenly and on a moments notice Dr. Schwied was there to treat me and put me in his immediate care. I could not have gotten through the worst time in my life without him. Thank you E.

July 22nd, 2011

Best Psychiatrist in the business, Very smart, easy to talk to True professional !

DR. Schwied is a great Psychiatrist I missed my first appointment, I called him later that day with an emergency due to a very close friend passing. I left a message and was called the next morning and Dr. Schwied made time for me without knowing me or if I would even keep my appointment and was still able to get to know me and do a proper analysis based on his skill and knowledge he is very easy to talk to and can read you and understand right away. There is no way you could say anything bad about this doctor he makes you feel like a human being not just another patient to deal with he really gets to know you and asks the right questions. I plan on going back and would recommend him to anyone that likes a Psychiatrist to actualy listen and get to know you so they may be given experienced Psychiatric care.

July 18th, 2011

Dr. Schwied is a very nice man. I had to stop having him as a doctor though, I feel as he must have narcolepsy or something! He often started dozing off during sessions, I've never had anything like that happen to me, it was odd and I didn't even know what to say. I thought he was great until he started doing that. And I also noticed when coming to talk about my medications I always felt like I was pulling teeth, he would always say well what do you want to do? Well, I don't know, you're the psychiatrist, that's why I come here. I don't know enough about other medications. But honestly have a psychiatrist that is going to fall asleep on me isn't acceptable. He is a very nice man, and at times I felt I had finally found a good psychiatrist here in CA, but then he started falling asleep..

February 27th, 2011

former patient

I agree with both the boundary issues comments as well as over prescribing meds -- just keep adding more if what you have isn't working. That is, if his records are organized enough to know that you're actually taking. Even more unnerving is the occasional lapse of patient confidentially. It may be occasional, but creates big problems.

December 9th, 2010

Excellent ADHD expert

September 29th, 2010

I would never recommend Dr. Schwied. He has boundary issues.

July 21st, 2010

Dr Ellis Schwied M.D. a noteworthy and remarkable medical doctor

Dr Schwied is a brilliant man. He has a very caring nature. He is a remarkable businessman and medical doctor. I have know him for 13 years. He singlehandedly kept me against my will from several suicide attempts. I highly recommend him to anyone who wishes to make an appointment and walk through his office door. You will not be sorry.

June 4th, 2010

Dr. Schwied is a very outgoing, charming man. However, he has a serious problem with keeping his personal life/problems to himself. He involves his patients in his personal life, even revealing details about his sex life. While he seems to care deeply about his patients, he really uses them for his meet his own needs. I would not recommend getting sucked into such an arrangement.

April 11th, 2010

Ellis Schwied is a Fraud

Whomever this man is, he needs to have his medical license revoked. He is a nutjob. He clearly mis-diagnosed me and four other friends. Four other friends! We all had to go elsewhere, I wish I could have my money back. Watch out for this scam artist.

April 6th, 2010

Horrible Pdoc Trust Me

Ellis Schwied is pretty unprofessional and thats being kind. He's one of those Pdcos that will just throw pills at you, not even 'faking' to care about your problems.Save $250 find another pdoc thank me later.

April 28th, 2009

Dr. Schwied is excellent

I would absolutley refer anyone including family mambers to Dr Schwied. He is an excellent doctor who gives wise advise, and is very educated in his profession. Myself and two other associates of mine see him and we all agree he is a keeper; as it is so hard to find someone you can actually "Get Real" with someone who cares.