Psychiatrists

30100 Town Center Dr
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Best Psychiatrist in the business, Very smart, easy to talk to True professional !  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

DR. Schwied is a great Psychiatrist I missed my first appointment, I called him later that day with an emergency due to a very close friend passing. I left a message and was called the next morning and Dr. Schwied made time for me without knowing me or if I would even keep my appointment and was still able to get to know me and do a proper analysis based on his skill and knowledge he is very easy to talk to and can read you and understand right away. There is no way you could say anything bad about this doctor he makes you feel like a human being not just another patient to deal with he really gets to know you and asks the right questions. I plan on going back and would recommend him to anyone that likes a Psychiatrist to actualy listen and get to know you so they may be given experienced Psychiatric care.

Jul 18th, 2011

Dr. Schwied is a very nice man. I had to stop having him as a doctor though, I feel as he must have narcolepsy or something! He often started dozing off during sessions, I've never had anything like that happen to me, it was odd and I didn't even know what to say. I thought he was great until he started doing that. And I also noticed when coming to talk about my medications I always felt like I was pulling teeth, he would always say well what do you want to do? Well, I don't know, you're the psychiatrist, that's why I come here. I don't know enough about other medications. But honestly have a psychiatrist that is going to fall asleep on me isn't acceptable. He is a very nice man, and at times I felt I had finally found a good psychiatrist here in CA, but then he started falling asleep..

|  former patient  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2011

I agree with both the boundary issues comments as well as over prescribing meds -- just keep adding more if what you have isn't working. That is, if his records are organized enough to know that you're actually taking. Even more unnerving is the occasional lapse of patient confidentially. It may be occasional, but creates big problems.

Sep 28th, 2010

I would never recommend Dr. Schwied. He has boundary issues.

|  Dr Ellis Schwied M.D. a noteworthy and remarkable medical doctor  |  show details
by Kelley Hill on Jul 21st, 2010

Dr Schwied is a brilliant man. He has a very caring nature. He is a remarkable businessman and medical doctor. I have know him for 13 years. He singlehandedly kept me against my will from several suicide attempts. I highly recommend him to anyone who wishes to make an appointment and walk through his office door. You will not be sorry.

Jun 4th, 2010

Dr. Schwied is a very outgoing, charming man. However, he has a serious problem with keeping his personal life/problems to himself. He involves his patients in his personal life, even revealing details about his sex life. While he seems to care deeply about his patients, he really uses them for his meet his own needs. I would not recommend getting sucked into such an arrangement.

|  Ellis Schwied is a Fraud  |  show details
by Richard on Apr 10th, 2010

Whomever this man is, he needs to have his medical license revoked. He is a nutjob. He clearly mis-diagnosed me and four other friends. Four other friends! We all had to go elsewhere, I wish I could have my money back. Watch out for this scam artist.

|  Horrible Pdoc Trust Me  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

Ellis Schwied is pretty unprofessional and thats being kind. He's one of those Pdcos that will just throw pills at you, not even 'faking' to care about your problems.Save $250 find another pdoc thank me later.

|  Dr. Schwied is excellent  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2009

I would absolutley refer anyone including family mambers to Dr Schwied. He is an excellent doctor who gives wise advise, and is very educated in his profession. Myself and two other associates of mine see him and we all agree he is a keeper; as it is so hard to find someone you can actually "Get Real" with someone who cares.