A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ellis Tinsley:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ellis Tinsley, Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon, Vascular Surgeon is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tinsley
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tinsley Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ellis Tinsley, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Breast Diseases
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Tinsley graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Tinsley has 3 hospital affiliations:
- New Hanover Regional M.C.
- Pender Memorial Hospital
- Cape Fear Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ellis Tinsley MD is a male Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Ellis Tinsley practice?
- Dr. Ellis Tinsley has 2 office locations.
Dr. Ellis Tinsley practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Wilmington, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Benson, NC.
See Wilmington Surgeons and Wilmington Cardiothoracic Surgeons.