Dr. Elva Lopez MD Patient Reviews

Best doctor and surgeon I ever had . Thankyou Dr.Lopez
You are the best.

December 4th, 2013
Disaster
The office staff is rude and ignorant. The wait time is ridiculously long. I was supposed to have a repeat C-section & was told it was to be scheduled on a certain day. The day before, I went to check on any arrangements/paperwork that needed to be ready and was told I had to wait an extra 3 days and deliver at a different hospital. I was so upset that I went into labor that very day. When I arrived at Memorial Hospital, in labor, I was told it wasn't really labor and that the shooting leg pain could last up to 2 weeks and just go home and take Tylenol. This coming from Dr. Lopez herself. I did go home, and within 20 minutes I was back at the hospital as my water had broken. Since I was a day "early" to deliver per regulations, I was not given the C-section until I was already pushing the baby out. The pain was agonizing and there was no reason I had to endure all of this. I was treated by the staff at Memorial Hospital and Dr. Lopez as if I was a complete moron.

October 28th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Lopez for 12 years, she has delivered all 4 of my children (also my niece and nephew). I think she's great, she always sits and chats with me and answers any questions I may have. For my last baby I wanted a Vbac very badly and Dr. Lopez was very supportive and was willing to do anything it took to allow me to attempt a safe vabc. Unfortunately my baby decided he wanted to be nearly 10 pounds and was giving no signs of an impending birth and I had to have my 3rd c-section, Dr. Lopez was very empathetic to my feelings and was very supportive knowing how disappointed I was and helped me refocus on the goal being a healthy happy baby. I love all the ladies in the office, Maria and Rosie are so nice and always want to chat, I feel like all these ladies care about me, Dr. Rivera can be a bit abrasive sometimes, but has always showed me kindness when I've seen her and was also there for me and very supportive when I needed a biopsy done. All in all I have a ton of experience with these ladies and have know them all for 12 years and they are great!

February 16th, 2013
Excellent
I was a patient for 3 years and would/have recommended dr. Lopez to friends and family! She listened to me and helped me understand. Waiting wasn't too bad as any other doctors office.

July 11th, 2012
Very Diapointed
My average wait time was about 90 minutes. She does not have good bedside manner and me being a very busy person did not appreciate being notified 2 hour prior to my appintment that I needed to be reschuduled. My question where responded with very little concern and was charged a no show when I called that morning. Very disapointed
Doctor's Response

Unfortunately , this happens on rare occasion because of hosptial deliveries and emergencies. WE do try our best to accomadate patients when this happens.

June 5th, 2012
Dr. Lopez is a great doctor
I have gone to Dr. Lopez for about 7 years. While she is a bit shy/reserved, i find her easy to talk to. She makes me feel comfortable and always asks if I have any questions. She is very informative and makes sure I understand her explanations. Two downsides: wait time is always more than an hour (closer to 1.5 hours); she does not deliver at Mercy SW. I do recommend her though.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive comments. We have worked on our schedule the wait time is better . I appreciate your comments!

March 12th, 2012
I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I just switch my health insurance from Blue Shield to Blue Cross. I had my new id# and group#. The receptionist was rude and said they had to reschedule me until I had my actual insurance card. I thought this was absurd and I told her, what if this was an emergency, and she said I'm sorry we need the card. The staff here is so incompetent and I'm no longer going to this Dr.

February 3rd, 2012
best doctor
i went to dr lopez a few weeks ago as a new patient, and i must say she is excellent, i was sick for a very long time and went through five hospitals and doctors with no answers she found out right away what was wrong with me, and she is very nice and took her time to explain things to me
Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I appreciate them!!

November 11th, 2011
very soft spoken
Seems like she take orders from Dr. Rivera more them herself...she takes orders from others..like others are running the show....they just want their GLOW bussiness to pick up.
Doctor's Response

These are not true statments. I dont understand the motivation behind these comments. I do resect Dr. Rivera and she is an equal partner.

October 26th, 2011
Don't Do It
I happened 2 work with this doctor and people are 100% correct when they say she is incompetent. The people behind the scenes know the real information you need to know so if you see this doctor run the other way.
Doctor's Response

Unfortunately a disgruntled employee. We have kept the most experienced and competent employees on staff.

October 13th, 2011
Dr. Lopez is a great Dr.
Dr. Lopez has been my Gyno for years she is a great Dr. She is a real caring person i highly reccomend her as a Gynocologist and Obstetrician.She makes me feel comfortable and i like the way she takes time with me to hear about my health concerns and or issues, she is a wonderful Dr. I couldnt be happier, i highly reccomend her and Dr. Rivera they are great people..
Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing these positive comments. I appreciate your support!!

August 15th, 2011
Warming up to her...
When i first started coming here, because she is a provider on my insurance, i hated this place, i never saw her smile, she seemed like she did not care at all. I miscarried and she still did not seem touched, but it took me a while to realize this was not the 1st time shed seen this! She was very calm talked to me and told me what to do to have a viable pregnancy. It worked, I am currently pregnant. I scheduled a gender ultrasound at 17 weeks and found out that something was not normal with the baby and she was on it immediately. She scheduled me to see the perinatologist and when i call with questions, she herself calls me back. I think these women are busy for a reason and sometimes unexpected things happen so yeah you should expect a wait. Come prepared bring a book a game something! I feel like we getting to know each other a bit more and that was the trust that was lacking in the beginning. She cares about me and my babies health.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for allowing us to care for you.