Obstetrician & Gynecologist,

2525 Eye St # 110
Bakersfield, CA 93301
661-637-0137
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  Disaster  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2013

The office staff is rude and ignorant. The wait time is ridiculously long. I was supposed to have a repeat C-section & was told it was to be scheduled on a certain day. The day before, I went to check on any arrangements/paperwork that needed to be ready and was told I had to wait an extra 3 days and deliver at a different hospital. I was so upset that I went into labor that very day. When I arrived at Memorial Hospital, in labor, I was told it wasn't really labor and that the shooting leg pain could last up to 2 weeks and just go home and take Tylenol. This coming from Dr. Lopez herself. I did go home, and within 20 minutes I was back at the hospital as my water had broken. Since I was a day "early" to deliver per regulations, I was not given the C-section until I was already pushing the baby out. The pain was agonizing and there was no reason I had to endure all of this. I was treated by the staff at Memorial Hospital and Dr. Lopez as if I was a complete moron.

Oct 28th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Lopez for 12 years, she has delivered all 4 of my children (also my niece and nephew). I think she's great, she always sits and chats with me and answers any questions I may have. For my last baby I wanted a Vbac very badly and Dr. Lopez was very supportive and was willing to do anything it took to allow me to attempt a safe vabc. Unfortunately my baby decided he wanted to be nearly 10 pounds and was giving no signs of an impending birth and I had to have my 3rd c-section, Dr. Lopez was very empathetic to my feelings and was very supportive knowing how disappointed I was and helped me refocus on the goal being a healthy happy baby. I love all the ladies in the office, Maria and Rosie are so nice and always want to chat, I feel like all these ladies care about me, Dr. Rivera can be a bit abrasive sometimes, but has always showed me kindness when I've seen her and was also there for me and very supportive when I needed a biopsy done. All in all I have a ton of experience with these ladies and have know them all for 12 years and they are great!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2013

I was a patient for 3 years and would/have recommended dr. Lopez to friends and family! She listened to me and helped me understand. Waiting wasn't too bad as any other doctors office.

Feb 15th, 2013

The patients who have time to write a whole novel about how bad of a service they received obviously have major anger issues and personal problems. You do not need service from an ob-gyn instead you might want to seek a psychiatric for your problems. I have been a patient for the past 10 years and they have always treated me with respect. Yes you will wait to be seen, but which doctor's office don't have a waiting period? Patients don't understand they are ob-gyn emergencies happen and if you can't handle it then go see a your primary care physician. There staff are hard working girls & make you feel very welcomed. Dr. Lopez and Dr. Rivera are hard working Latinas that provide excellent health care that the majority of doctors can't do for other patient's.

|  Go somewhere else  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2013

I've been a patient at Dr. Lopez's office for more than 10 years. When things are normal (i.e., annual exams, follow up appointments, etc.), I schedule my visits with the nurse practitioner, Maria, because I've never been comfortable with Dr. Lopez. (Maria is absolutely fabulous!) Dr. Lopez, however, is unfriendly, has no compassion for your concerns or fears, and has little patience for questions. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older and had a string of medical issues, I've been forced to see Dr. Lopez and have been disappointed every time. The wait time is always ridiculous -- yes, I realize that flexibility and patience is especially warranted when dealing with an ob, but I'm talking 1 hour waits every time I go. And don't bother to call after hours; you'll get no help. I was facing surgery about a year ago, and the night before, I started having a problem that required medication, so I called to ask if the medicine that I needed to take would interfere with my surgery, but I didn't meet some insanely limited criteria that would've allowed the exchange to call the doctor. I really feel as if the office procedures are set up to get through as many bodies in a day as possible to milk as much money out of us/our insurance companies as possible. For the record, her partner, Dr. Rivera and another nurse practitioner, Rocio Lopez, are no better. If it weren't for Maria, I would have left long ago. As it is, yet another terrible experience yesterday was the last straw for me. I won't go back. My advice, either see Maria exclusively or just go somewhere else first.

Doctor's Response

We agree with your positive comments about Maria . Unfortunately you know the rest is false. I do not understand the motivation behind these negative comments.

|  Very Diapointed  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

My average wait time was about 90 minutes. She does not have good bedside manner and me being a very busy person did not appreciate being notified 2 hour prior to my appintment that I needed to be reschuduled. My question where responded with very little concern and was charged a no show when I called that morning. Very disapointed

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately , this happens on rare occasion because of hosptial deliveries and emergencies. WE do try our best to accomadate patients when this happens.

|  Dr. Lopez is a great doctor  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

I have gone to Dr. Lopez for about 7 years. While she is a bit shy/reserved, i find her easy to talk to. She makes me feel comfortable and always asks if I have any questions. She is very informative and makes sure I understand her explanations. Two downsides: wait time is always more than an hour (closer to 1.5 hours); she does not deliver at Mercy SW. I do recommend her though.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive comments. We have worked on our schedule the wait time is better . I appreciate your comments!

Mar 12th, 2012

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I just switch my health insurance from Blue Shield to Blue Cross. I had my new id# and group#. The receptionist was rude and said they had to reschedule me until I had my actual insurance card. I thought this was absurd and I told her, what if this was an emergency, and she said I'm sorry we need the card. The staff here is so incompetent and I'm no longer going to this Dr.

|  best doctor  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

i went to dr lopez a few weeks ago as a new patient, and i must say she is excellent, i was sick for a very long time and went through five hospitals and doctors with no answers she found out right away what was wrong with me, and she is very nice and took her time to explain things to me

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I appreciate them!!

|  very soft spoken  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

Seems like she take orders from Dr. Rivera more them herself...she takes orders from others..like others are running the show....they just want their GLOW bussiness to pick up.

Doctor's Response

These are not true statments. I dont understand the motivation behind these comments. I do resect Dr. Rivera and she is an equal partner.

|  Don't Do It  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

I happened 2 work with this doctor and people are 100% correct when they say she is incompetent. The people behind the scenes know the real information you need to know so if you see this doctor run the other way.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately a disgruntled employee. We have kept the most experienced and competent employees on staff.

|  Dr. Lopez is a great Dr.  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

Dr. Lopez has been my Gyno for years she is a great Dr. She is a real caring person i highly reccomend her as a Gynocologist and Obstetrician.She makes me feel comfortable and i like the way she takes time with me to hear about my health concerns and or issues, she is a wonderful Dr. I couldnt be happier, i highly reccomend her and Dr. Rivera they are great people..

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing these positive comments. I appreciate your support!!

|  Warming up to her...  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

When i first started coming here, because she is a provider on my insurance, i hated this place, i never saw her smile, she seemed like she did not care at all. I miscarried and she still did not seem touched, but it took me a while to realize this was not the 1st time shed seen this! She was very calm talked to me and told me what to do to have a viable pregnancy. It worked, I am currently pregnant. I scheduled a gender ultrasound at 17 weeks and found out that something was not normal with the baby and she was on it immediately. She scheduled me to see the perinatologist and when i call with questions, she herself calls me back. I think these women are busy for a reason and sometimes unexpected things happen so yeah you should expect a wait. Come prepared bring a book a game something! I feel like we getting to know each other a bit more and that was the trust that was lacking in the beginning. She cares about me and my babies health.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for allowing us to care for you.

|  No compassion  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

I chose Dr. Elva Lopez because it was on my insured list. I was diagnosed and advised to go back to their office immediately to do further testing. I took a day off from my work and went back to her office cause I was scared and did not know what was going on me. I waited more than 50 minutes. The medical assistants took my vital signs. I demanded to talk to the doctor first before doing the procedure to know why they need to biopsy of cervix. The doctor explained it to me and I was shocked of the diagnosis and scared. I took my clothes off and I was on her table with my legs opened. I asked her to kindly tell me what exactly biopsy is or how painful it is or to give any pain meds if it is painful. She told me " Normally, I only spent 15 mins of this procedure to my patient and you're taking a lot of my time." I lost my dignity and I got pinch in my heart. She is a terrible person with no feelings for other people. She does not have any compassion nor care at all. How can you be a doctor if you do not have any compassion to a scared and sick patient? She just wants to get the procedure done and get the money from me. I will not go back to her office again and do my best to spread the word to everybody!!!!!!

Doctor's Response

This is a false account. I dont understand what would motivate someone to say such horriable things about me. I am sorry this was her perception in her mind . The encounter details is no where near the truth.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr. Lopez has been my Gynecologist for many years. She is very attentive and professional. She makes every effort to ease my concerns. I have been happy with her care.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I truly appreciate your comments!!

Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr Lopez herself is excellent . She is pleasant, caring and great bedside manner.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive comment . I appreciate it !!!

|  Bladder repair surgery  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

In July I had bladder repair surgery along with vaginal wall repair and posterior repair. Here we are in Nov and I am still not healed enough to have relations with my husband. I don't think this is normal.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately, this is not a complete account of what happened.

|  Horrible!  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

Dr. Rivera/ Dr. Lopez have the worst office staff ever. Not a single caring person. You wont see your dr until your last month of pregnancy. If you ask a question, your answer will ALWAYS be "its normal", plan to be in the waiting area from 30ms-1 1/2 hours. Due to Dr. Lopez over booked schedule me and my baby went into critical condition when i went into labor. As this was my 1st pregnancy I thought this was normal, However I am pregnant with my 2nd and now i know what to expect from a good OB office and dr. Make your pregnancy a special experience, save yourself the stress and tears GO TO A DIFFERENT OB!!

Doctor's Response

Our mission is to provide Quality care to all women in a warm and caring enviornment. We strive to treat all patients with compassion and respect. I am sorry this patient did not feel that way.

|  Switch Doctors Immediately  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

When I have an appointment, the wait time is usually everytime, an hour or more. When I get in the back room, the wait is another thirty minutes. It seems like she just wants to get your appointment over with. Her attitude comes off as she doesn't care about your questions or what is wrong with you. This is my first pregnancy, I want a doctor who is thorough, and she is not what so ever. She has me leaving with more questions then I had walking in to the appointment. I would advise not going to her at all, and if shes your doctor, switch doctors immediately.

Doctor's Response

I do not believe this is a true statement of my character.

|  She terminated herself as my Dr. 8 weeks before I'm due!!!  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2010

OMG! Lopez was my OB since 2005-5years! I loved her, she was knowledgable. I had 2 miscarriages and 1 tubal and she found out why very quickly and instructed me on how to take measures to insure that I could have a viable pregnancy. I followed her advice step by step and so now here I am 28 weeks along!! Last week on Wednesday, I started having contractions. Called her office, they said she wouldn't be back until the following Tuesday. They told me to go to the hospital so I did. Her oncall Dr. ordered an FFN test, then cancled it after they preformed the painfully invaisive test and had them throw the test away!!! So I called her office, asked them to contact her for me b/c she knows I'm high risk and knows my history and I wanted her to tell them (the nurses)what needed to be done. Not too much to ask I don't think! Especially with a baby involved!! It was her chosen profession, ya know? So, she used her voicemail to call my viocemail- to avoid actually having to talk to me and left me a message saying "I'm on vacation and I'm not feeling well myself....go to the hospital..." There was no: "I'm sorry I'm not there to help you", or "I hope you're ok", or "Set up an appointment with the girls to see me as soon as I'm scheduled to be back"...NOTHING!!! Then today, Tuesday April 6, I get a certified letter she wrote yesterday saying she was terminating our Dr./Patient relationship b/c our trust was broken and that she urges me to find a new doctor whose advice I would follow. I have followed every piece of advice she has given me to date!! Wow!! So now I'm 8 weeks away from the date she wanted to induce me at, 3 weeks away from needing to start additional weekly shots of medication she says I needed to be taking to make sure my daughter's going to be ok until delivery and can't find another OB to take me in being so late in my pregnancy!! This shows her real concern for her patients. I've seen a side of Dr. Lopez I wouldn't believe existed unless it actually happened to me! I'm very disappointed. What does one do now not being able to find a new Dr.? Thanks Elva Lopez! Great professionalism!

Doctor's Response

I am sad that that this patient did not comment on the number of extra visits and extra time I provide her with throughout her care to evaluate and reassure her. Unfortunately, this comment is her perception but not the truth of what really happened.

Jan 19th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Lopez throughout my entire pregnancy, and I feel like I know nothing about pregnancy, except for what I read on the internet. When I say I am having troubles she just suggests drinking lots of water and resting. I am not please with the service and care. The office staff is not very nice either.

Doctor's Response

This comment does not represent my interaction with patients. I truly take time to educate patients and aswer any questions that they may have.

|  Do not see Dr.Lopez  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

I chose this office because it was on my insured list and easy to get an appointment. Now I understand why she was so easy to see. I have been to the office four times over the past few months because of a recent diagnosis and every time I have waited 45-60 minutes before she even saw me. She is not welcoming at all, doesn't smile, and is definatly not a people person nor does she seem to know what a caring bedside manner is. I could however get over all of that if the care was good and she were informative. This is not the case. I have had several tests and although she made a diagnosis, her main advice was for me to look up information about my conditon online and then trying to sell me the line of skin care products and regimines that her office does. The purpose of this office is not to help people, but to simply make money. I would not reccommend this doctor to anyone and I am truely sorry that I gave her the benefit of the doubt because all that she has done for me is cost me $120.00 over the past month.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately, this sounds like an angry person. This is not an accurate description of me nor the type of care I provide.