Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Successful back surgery show details Successful back surgery
by Tee B. on Apr 15th, 2015

Wonderful and skilled physician. I wouldn't use any other doctor.

Mar 11th, 2015

Dr. Nelson is by far the most personable and compassionate doctor I've ever had. Incredible

Mar 9th, 2015

Dr Nelson did my lumbar surgery. He did an excellent job. I would recommend him to all.

by Jennifer Osten on Jan 21st, 2015

He has been my doctor for 8 surgeries. He is the only doctor I will let do surgery on my spine. . Best doctor ever!.

Thank you Dr. Nelson show details Thank you Dr. Nelson
by Delia on Nov 20th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Nelson he is very professional and was very Concerned about doing my Surgery. He didn't just Schedule my surgery right away. He made sure that all of my test were done before even try to repairing what another doctor had done to me. I had told Dr. Nelson in July of 2013 we are in this together. I just wanted to thank you again Dr. Nelson for try to repair me. I know that if I had Dr. Nelson do my surgery from the start in 2004 , I would be pain free today. God Bless you Dr.Nelson we need more Doctor like you.

The only back doctor for me! show details The only back doctor for me!
by Maureen B on Aug 14th, 2013

In 2011 I had back surgery in Redding, Ca. I had no relief. I then found Dr. Nelson who had done back surgery on my brother in law and he was happy with the results. I had a very complicated back surgery done by Dr. Nelson where 4 discs needed to be removed, titanium rods implanted and screws put in place. Some doctors in Redding would not even do the surgery. It took two surgeries to complete in June and July of 2012 to get my problems resolved. I can't believe the relief of pain I've had since then. He is a very excellent dr. and I would recommend him to anyone who needs any kind of back surgery. He has a wonderful staff who are caring and competent so a complete team..

Singing praises of Dr. Nelson show details Singing praises of Dr. Nelson
Apr 18th, 2012

I had a degenerative disc disease and Dr. Nelson performed a fusion 6 years ago with a great result. He did an innovative laproscopic technique. Because he entered through my left side, I avoided having the major muscles of my abdomen and back cut. This greatly reduced my recovery time. He was the only one in the Sacramento area at the time doing this. He is a brillant and caring doctor who has helped many from their suffering. God bless you, Dr. Nelson.

Feb 9th, 2012

The best doctor. I ever went to. He fixed my back .God bless him.By Eugene Brooke.

Over rated show details Over rated
Mar 22nd, 2011

I was told he was the best, everything was fine until 2 days after surgery, 3 screws came unlose. He was no were to be found. 5 days later I had the screws replaced. I didn't see him again for 7 days, the day he signed my discharge papers. His ego is huge.

#1 in my book show details #1 in my book
by Shirley C. on Jul 20th, 2009

Dr. Nelson completed 5 out of my 7 back surgeries. He is the only doctor that I would recommend for someone having any kind of back surgery. He is a very caring and meticulous surgeon. He carefully reviews your case and only does the procedure he feels is necessary. All my surgeries were medically necessary and each one gave me a better quality of life. His staff is just as caring and considerate as he is. God bless Dr. Nelson.

by Vicki L. on Jan 10th, 2009

Overall excellent experience during spinal surgery; caring, professional staff, proficient, confidence-inspiring surgeon.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Katie on Oct 11th, 2008

Dr. Nelson has performed 4 back surgeries on me. I will undergo number 5 with him within two months. My problem resulted from a trauma, and upon looking for a qualified spine surgeon, he was my fourth opinion. I am so glad I spent the time I did looking, because when I met Dr. Nelson, I knew he met all the criteria I needed. He is not one to just do surgery. He is extremely caring, professional, and will only do what is in the best interest of the patient, with the doctor's creed of, 'first do no harm' coming first. Unfortunately, all of my surgeries were neccesary, but I would not have any one else doing them. Great doctor. As I once told him, I would give up my boyfriend of 11 years before I would give up my doctor. Fortunate is the patient who finds Dr. Nelson.

Dr. Nelson did my fusion show details Dr. Nelson did my fusion
by Mark McKee on Apr 7th, 2008

Dr. Nelson is a true proffesional and did a fantastick job on my fusion I would highly recomend him. He did not do the surgery for the sake of doing it, he evaluated me and determined it was the best course of action. He followed up after the surgery and seemed to genuinly care. He was able to fix the botched surgery that doctor montesano did.