Dr. Elvert Nelson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elvert Nelson?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Elvert Nelson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2017

Poor results. Fusion did not work and now Dr Nelson says he wants to be paid for a second procedure but won't tell me what the consequences might be if it fails.

Dr Nelson does not explain himself very well. He doesn't answer questions directly and seems to be distracted easily. Perhaps his age has something to do with that. The fusion he did failed. Now, the second procedure involves more hardware that he won't explain: results, consequences, or what happens afterwards, such as level of pain, limited range of motion, additional medications, if any, phys probs.

August 16th, 2016

Without a doubt Dr Nelson is the best orthopedic surgeon on many levels. His skill as a surgeon is only surpassed by his compassion and kindness. His staff is second to none. His office manager Roberta is such a efficient, kind, considerate person. Several times I had to call her with questions and she always took the time to listen to me, even though she is incredibly busy. I will never forget the kindness and compassion towards me. I could never repay them for helping me through a most difficult time in my life. Five stars is not enough!

April 15th, 2015

Successful back surgery

Wonderful and skilled physician. I wouldn't use any other doctor.

March 11th, 2015

Dr. Nelson is by far the most personable and compassionate doctor I've ever had. Incredible

March 9th, 2015

Dr Nelson did my lumbar surgery. He did an excellent job. I would recommend him to all.

January 21st, 2015

He has been my doctor for 8 surgeries. He is the only doctor I will let do surgery on my spine. . Best doctor ever!.

April 18th, 2012

Singing praises of Dr. Nelson

I had a degenerative disc disease and Dr. Nelson performed a fusion 6 years ago with a great result. He did an innovative laproscopic technique. Because he entered through my left side, I avoided having the major muscles of my abdomen and back cut. This greatly reduced my recovery time. He was the only one in the Sacramento area at the time doing this. He is a brillant and caring doctor who has helped many from their suffering. God bless you, Dr. Nelson.

March 23rd, 2011

Over rated

I was told he was the best, everything was fine until 2 days after surgery, 3 screws came unlose. He was no were to be found. 5 days later I had the screws replaced. I didn't see him again for 7 days, the day he signed my discharge papers. His ego is huge.

July 21st, 2009

#1 in my book

Dr. Nelson completed 5 out of my 7 back surgeries. He is the only doctor that I would recommend for someone having any kind of back surgery. He is a very caring and meticulous surgeon. He carefully reviews your case and only does the procedure he feels is necessary. All my surgeries were medically necessary and each one gave me a better quality of life. His staff is just as caring and considerate as he is. God bless Dr. Nelson.

January 10th, 2009

Overall excellent experience during spinal surgery; caring, professional staff, proficient, confidence-inspiring surgeon.

October 11th, 2008

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Nelson has performed 4 back surgeries on me. I will undergo number 5 with him within two months. My problem resulted from a trauma, and upon looking for a qualified spine surgeon, he was my fourth opinion. I am so glad I spent the time I did looking, because when I met Dr. Nelson, I knew he met all the criteria I needed. He is not one to just do surgery. He is extremely caring, professional, and will only do what is in the best interest of the patient, with the doctor's creed of, 'first do no harm' coming first. Unfortunately, all of my surgeries were neccesary, but I would not have any one else doing them. Great doctor. As I once told him, I would give up my boyfriend of 11 years before I would give up my doctor. Fortunate is the patient who finds Dr. Nelson.

April 7th, 2008

Dr. Nelson did my fusion

Dr. Nelson is a true proffesional and did a fantastick job on my fusion I would highly recomend him. He did not do the surgery for the sake of doing it, he evaluated me and determined it was the best course of action. He followed up after the surgery and seemed to genuinly care. He was able to fix the botched surgery that doctor montesano did.