Dr. Elvin Mendez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 8th, 2015
BEST Allergist in SW Florida!!!
OUTSTANDING physician!...Dr. Mendez is caring and knowledgeable. My family and I highly recommend his most professional services!!!

August 28th, 2013
Office Staff
I have not seen Dr. Mendez. The staff called me today to confirm an appointment and told me that they went online with my insurance and that a co-pay of $162.00 would be required. When I informed her that I already spoke with the insurance company and they said I would be required to pay office visit co-pay of $25 only. She got really rude and told me that was not the case. I called the insurance company again and they called Dr. Mendez's office. It was concluded that the office staff entered the incorrect billing code. The insurance company gave her the correct one. When I mentioned to insurance company rep that I was reluctant to go to this doctor because I could not trust staff to enter billing code correctly and that she was flip and rude. The insurance rep giggled and said she was rude to her as well. I feel bad for Dr. Menendez. I wonder if he knows. Guess I'll keep looking for an allergist.

April 5th, 2013
Advertising executive
Dr. Mendez took the time to explain in layman's terms about my allergies and why he was doing each test. I was impressed with his patience and bedside manner. I would and did recommend him to other folks with allergies and asthma and they too were very pleased.. Because he takes his time to be with his patients, you may be delayed but you never feel like he is rushing you. One of the best doctors I've gone to as a patient. He is always pleasant. Dr. Mendez has won 1st place in the Charlotte Sun Reader's Choice six years in a row and that speaks volume.

April 5th, 2013
Highly recommended!...Caring, professional, and TOP DOCTOR!
Dr. Mendez is an exceptional physician. His level of knowledge, outstanding care, and level of professionalism is TOPS!!! I would highly recommend Dr. Mendez. Being a patient of Dr. Mendez, ensures you an excellent treatment plan paired with extraordinary care!

February 20th, 2013
A Doctor that HEARS what you have to say!
I love Dr Mendez and his staff. I work, excercise and sleep better because of them. Dr Mendez is willing to hear your concerns and adjust treatments or meds as needed. He gives understandable explanations as to why one treatment should be used over another.

February 6th, 2013
I GAVE DOCTOR MENDEZ A CHANCE, HOWEVER I WOULD NEVER GO BACK BECAUSE OF HIS FRONT STUFF. TRISH IS SO RUDE AND SHE MAKES HIS OFFICE HORRIBLE.

August 5th, 2012
Unprofessional staff
Dr. Mendez is a wondeful physician, very caring, and knowledgeable. HOWEVER, his staff is HORRIBLE!!! if its not because of Dr. Mendez i dont think i would go back to that office again!

February 20th, 2012
Horribly rude staff
Called to ask how to go through the proper channels to receive medical documents, and "Trish" the receptionist was horribly rude and refused to provide any information. Also hung up on me. The "office manager" was also rude and would not help me out. I would not recommend this office if it were the last place on Earth!

December 4th, 2011
SAVED MY LIFE
I'm a singer, musician and published author but after a lifetime of ridicule from parents, teachers, children and failed treatments from regular doctors, I was having serious quality-of-life issues. I couldn't sing, BREATHE, walk, sleep. My brain was fuzzy from lack of oxygen. Suicide was my next plan. Dr. Mendez saved my life.

November 3rd, 2011
MS MARY HARFST
EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CARING PHYSICIAN. TOOK ADEQUATE TIME TO EXPLAIN ALL DETAILS OF CONDITION. would definately recommend.

October 31st, 2011
R. Cates
Dr. Mendez is one of the few doctors that will take the time to listen to what you have to say.

October 30th, 2011
A doctor who actually cares about his patients, something you don't see much of anymore!