A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Elvira Downs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Elvira Downs is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Downs
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Downs Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Elvira Downs, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Downs graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Downs has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Specialized Hospital - Toms River
- Children's Specialized Hospital - Mountainside
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Elvira Downs MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Elvira Downs practice?
- Dr. Elvira Downs has 2 office locations.
Dr. Elvira Downs practices Psychiatry near Trenton, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Mountainside, NJ.
See Trenton Psychiatrists.