Dr. Elvira Rios MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 14 reviews

August 31st, 2016
Patient
I have been seeing doctor RIos since coming to Omaha in 1982. I WOULD NOT go to any other physician. She is the best!!!

May 4th, 2016
Rude nursing staff
I've never had a great experience here. Dr. Rios is very nice, the wait is always ridiculously long, and she's very quick to recommend expensive procedures without much discussion or inquiry beforehand. But perhaps worst of all, the calls I've had with her nurse have never been pleasant. She's condescending and rude, to say the least. I'll be finding a new doctor.

March 25th, 2016
Dr Rios is a very educated physician and has takes as much time with me as needed. She is very resourceful and dedicated to her patients.

August 24th, 2015
Very nice and friendly staff. Honest and very professional!

February 17th, 2015
Does not review side effects of meds, suffering neuropathy, muscle and tissue damage due to her lack of knowledge and unwillingness to listen to patient complaints and concerns.

May 21st, 2014
She's a part of our family
We have been patients of Dr. Rios since 1995. We have followed her thru the last 2 times she has moved locations. Even though she keeps moving further west. My grown children still use her as do most of my grand children. She is meticulous and thorough and is very open and easy to get information from. She is very straight forward and will even tell you what you don't want to hear if you need to hear it. She has also helped out in emergency situations by volunteering to stay late and to prepare notifications on our behalf in a custody issue. There are a couple of people on her staff that I have had minor issues with over the years but overall I have never had a bad experience. And for the record, I am not a some time patient but a chronic patient with multiple medical issues and a medical file that could choke a horse.

September 16th, 2013
worthless
If you would like Third World healthcare, then Dr. Rios is #1! Seriously, she knows little and your wait time will be 1-2 hours long but has a great attitude. I really wouldn't even give her 1 star.

April 15th, 2013
Never Going BAck
The last few years there has been a decline in services and it is very difficult to even get an appointment... When you call the office and ask for a nurse you are treated like a hated relative. Both my husband and I have used Dr Rios for over 20 years. Recently I had the flu and when I called the office I had to fight with the nurse to get a prescription called in. Then they called in a type of medication that I was highly alergic too.. Had to rush to the emergency room because one of her nurses was to lazy to look at my medical history!!!!! Stay away!!!!! Using WebMD is a much better idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11th, 2013
Don't waste your time with this doctor
I use to use her NP Patty until she passed away. Now being left to deal with Dr. Rios, I am so glad that I had to change insurance and use another doctor. I have been dealing with a multitude of different illnesses and I am very young. She has not correctly diagnosed me yet, and the "specialists" she sends me to are just as bad. I am still waiting for her office to get my records to my new doctors office. It's been about a month now and I have paid my fee for releasing my own records (over $50 to get them). Because of this, my new doctor needs to see the records to verify my prescriptions so I ran out of medicine that must be taken everyday to maintain control over my illnesses. Worst doctor I have ever been to. Not sure how she even has a client.

August 1st, 2011
Am changing doctors
Can never get ahold of the phone nurse. She left me without vital prescription for 7 days! The office staff was no help whatsoever. Truly unbelievable. I am just in shock at the incompetence and lack of care.

January 3rd, 2011
Love this Doctor
I have been seeing Dr Rios for about 15 years now. Though there has been some decline in service over the last five years, I feel it is more due to "contractual aggreements" and other insurance related issues that cause a Doctor to spread themselves thin by seeing more patients in order to stay in the black. Whenever it was needed, time was always found for me even if it meant a piecemeal in and out in between seeing other patients and scheduling tests, running procedures, etc. Things do get a bit hectic on occassion but my level of care has never been compromised.

October 12th, 2010
Horrible Service
I have been seeing Dr. Rios for about 9 years. When I first started going there, they were nice enough, but now everything is about how many people they can book in an hour. I'm really disappointed especially in the fact that I can really only count on them to get the right diagnosis 1/2 the time and the right treatment 1/2 the time as well. I have better luck using WebMD and going into the office semi-knowing what I have than telling them everything and having them try to figure it out. I told them I had shingles while pregnant (which can be dangerous to the fetus) and they told me I was wrong, I went to my OBG shortly after, and she told me if it had gone any further, there could have been harm. I can't wait until I find a new doctor.