Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Thanking the Lord for Dr. Cohen show details Thanking the Lord for Dr. Cohen
by dena marie oden on Apr 24th, 2015

Dr. Cohen has seen me through several very traumatic physical traumas, a very severe case of Shingles; and a horrific scalding on my lap, legs and derriere. I am deeply grateful for his expertise, his attentive, watchful care. He helped me recover within a reasonable amount of time, with far better results than I could ever hope for! In my estimation he is the best doctor in the world! Thank you, Dr. Cohen!

Feb 25th, 2015

Great Doctor. The front office needs improvement.

Disorganized Staff with Poor Communication show details Disorganized Staff with Poor Communication
by Joan on Jan 15th, 2014

The staff is disorganized..have attitudes and are very unprofessional. Went to Dr. Cohen to bring my mother in who has Alzheimer's and also a low thyroid condition requiring medication. The wait was long in the office and then another long wait when left in a room for the appointment. Dr. Cohen was abrupt when he could not at first find her chart, also he gave the wrong milligrams for her thyroid condition which I brought to the attention of staff who corrected the mistake before calling in the prescription. My mother had a second visit...with another long wait. Recently I and my brother who are her caretakers were both sick with bronchitis and called the office to request extending her prescription without bringing her in until we felt better, as she is also wheelchair bound and requires lifting. The office manager was told of our situation and request for extension of her prescription and said she would talk to Dr. Cohen. She did not call back...so again the next day we called again and this time were told she was helping with a patient and would call back....again no response,,,day three again no response after calling again....never again would I bring my Mother to Dr. Cohen...totally unprofessional staff that could care less about the patient.......

Wonderful Doctor and Staff show details Wonderful Doctor and Staff
Aug 20th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Cohen for 6 years, and know first hand he is an excellent and caring physician! Also, his staff members are very courteous and friendly. I had to comment, especially after I read those ridiculous negative comments about the good doctor and his staff. Yes, the wait can be long at times, but that what you get when you're seeing one of the best and most popular physicians on the mountain.

Great Doctor, Office Staff Horrible show details Great Doctor, Office Staff Horrible
May 10th, 2012

Dr. Cohen is great. Spends time with you. Doesn't rush things and makes sure you understand whats going on. However, his office staff is horrible. So far they have mixed up my medical files with another patients and failed to call me back to let me know whether my insurance approved the removal of what looks like skin cancer. I called them back only to find out that no approval was needed. No one from Dr. Cohens office called to let me know and schedule its removal. Dr. Cohen is great. Now if he would only get rid of most, not all, of his office staff and put more qualified people in there he'd be perfect.

The worst show details The worst
May 8th, 2012

I waited on hold for over 20 minutes that should have been a dead give away but no I gave them the benefit. Assumed they were having a bad day. EVERY DAY IS A BAD DAY... I waited 2 weeks to get in, paid way to much for the visit, and waited 2 hours at the office for the doctor. He was so distant when he came in the room it was if he was talking to someone else. Then before I could get out a single question he rambled out what he wanted me to do, labs, and follow up then he was gone. Needless to say I will never go back.....

Excellent diagnostician, kind, caring show details Excellent diagnostician, kind, caring
Dec 4th, 2011

This is a physician who will listen to you as well as follow up with appropriate tests. He is an outstanding diagnostician and abreast of current research and medical news. His staff have always been courteous, responsive, returned calls, etc. Many patients have found out what an excellent physician he is and his practice has grown but he is well worth a short. wait. I'm hoping to find a comparable PCP since I have moved commuting range.

Bad office staff show details Bad office staff
Dec 2nd, 2011

Some are good, some are bad, but the main/head nurse is prejudice against white people. If she's takes a dislike to you, watch out - and that can follow you since he allows her to write up report information in your chart that only the doctor should be doing. I wouldn't doubt if she doesn't even have a degree.

Dr. Cohen Kind, Professional and Wise show details Dr. Cohen Kind, Professional and Wise
Nov 26th, 2011

Thank you Dr. Cohen for your wonderful manner. You have helped so many of my friends and my family.

OUTSTANDING DIAGNOSTICIAN! show details OUTSTANDING DIAGNOSTICIAN!
Sep 15th, 2011

Have had severe left hip pain for years after 2 falls. Received and injection yesterday and NO MORE PAIN! Have had balance problems for some time now and I am being referred to a Neurologist for this malady. Last Dr didn't work out for me. Dr Cohen is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

May 6th, 2011

Makes inappropriate comments.Can't remember medical terms.Seems to only care about milking my insurance company.

Professional and worth the wait! show details Professional and worth the wait!
Feb 25th, 2011

I would never change my insurance coverage to save money after changing over to Dr. Elwood Cohen. He is an exceptional diagnostition, thinks through everything, is patient, kind, and what I'd call a 'Doctor's doctor'. It has taken many years to find such a professional and I won't ever look for another. His staff is excellent, also professional, and the aptmosphere in the office calm and supportive. The waiting time varies and sometimes is very quick. He is worth the wait.Our family found the best!

Mar 31st, 2009

He is a very kind and professional.