Dr. Ely Mouchahoir MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

June 12th, 2013
Horrible horrible horrible doctor. I wish we had never gone to see him. Maybe he is okay with older kids, but HORRIBLE with babies.

February 19th, 2013
FEE fye MO FEES
We originally signed up for another doctor at this practice....the complaint applies to all because you can't rate the practice. The only way to let people know how bad the practice fee structure is, is by the laborious commenting process on each of the member doctors. The main complaint is about the practice that they have for fees!!!! Extra FEES everywhere!!! They will nickel and dime you (25-50 dollars for everything extra). They get you to use their lab because they can get you the results quickly. When you go downstairs, there's an extra fee for using their lab (on top of the payments that you must make for lab fees- on the high end to start with). RIDICULOUS... we will not be back. Especially since the staff was as best curt in greeting and dispensing of business tasks.

May 6th, 2012
Great doc
We were looking for someone who was an excellent listener and diagnostician and he hits the mark. He's great with the kids, really listens to my husband and me and his office staff is great. I like that even for sick appointments, they attempt to put you with your own ped. It's a big place, but seems small and intimate, which is 180-degrees different from our former ped, which was a factory. My pediatrician really knows each of my three kids. He's typically very diligent about follow up as well. Really love Dr. Mouchahoir! We've been seeing him for 3 years.

February 24th, 2012
Excellent pediatrician
We switched to Dr. Mouchahoir after wroking with a couple of doctors who listened only superficially or gave outdated treatments. Dr. Mouchahoir has gone way out of his way to look into obscure medical issues we've faced, and always takes the time to figure out what's really going on. I think he's outstanding.

January 2nd, 2012
Excellent choice
I have been taking my 3 children to Dr. Mouchahoir for 5 years now. He has always been very caring and professional. Recently one of our children had a serious medical problem. He diagnosed it quickly and got us a referral to the proper specialist right away, calling them himself to get us a quicker appointment. He is an excellent pediatrician

September 13th, 2011
super pediatrician!
Both my kids and I love Dr. Mouchahoir...he's very gentle and caring and a great listener, listening carefully to me as a mom in addition to providing a thorough exam and listening to my daughter's description of concerns. He's patient and extremely well educated. The other reviewer must have caught him on a uniquely bad day...he's the one who caught my son's reflux and has worked closely with us to resolve it. On top of that he dealt with my insurance company when they were stalling about providing my son with the right medication for his treatment, resolving the issue for us. Going to the doctor, which could be a total pain, has turned out to be something that always makes us feel better! We've been with him for more than 2 years of infant and toddlerhood for 2 different children and we look forward to all the years to come...sick visits and well! One note: he's popular...I get in to see him for sick visits within a few hours, but well visits need to be scheduled about a month in advance. Also...the nurses at this practice are incredibly helpful so sometimes I don't even need to see him...how great is that!

July 27th, 2011
Incompetent - Find Someone Else
He misses the obvious serious problems, and finds issues where none exist. As long as things are well, I suppose you will be fine. But god forbid if something goes wrong, because Mouchahoir will either not recognize it, or he will take the wrong action. So do yourself a favor and find another pediatrician. There are enough good ones in this area so you are not stuck with this charlatan.

October 27th, 2008
Please clone Dr. Mouchahoir!
Although he's not our children's primary pedatrician, he's been great each time he's seen us. His diagnoses have been spot on and he is so genuinely sweet with the kids (calls our baby girl "sweet pea"). Highly recommended if you live in the No. VA area.

May 14th, 2008
Very caring and competent doctor