Psychiatrists

5551 N University Dr
Ste 102
Coral Springs, FL 33067
954-345-8733
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
by KG on Jan 30th, 2014

Dr.Pelta one of the very few compassionate and extremely knowledgable phsicians in his field of medical expertise. Upon reading other individual's comments, it appears that the wait time prior to appointments is the biggest complaint. While I understand it can be a huge inconveince for many people, The time he spends with each of his patient's is extremely out of the norm for the majority of psychiatrists and it is imperative in terms of properly diagnosing and treating each of his patient's. In the event you have to wait, Dr.Pelta is well worth it!!!

by Beth Aronson-Mendelsohn on Jan 4th, 2014

Dr. Pelta Truly cares about his patients;) I would recommend him 100%

by Debbie Q. Hoffman on Sep 17th, 2013

Dr. Pelta is an excellent doctor. I was very unstable when I first went to him. I had just found stage 4 cancer successfully. Even though the cancer was in remission. In the process I had lost my job, my Mom had been terminally ill and passed away during my illness. I had been to several doctors and been prescribed serveral types of medicine. Dr. Pelta was the only doctor that actually gave me hope. My husband and I both felt such confidence as he was most professional and spent the time needed to get to know him. I call him my hero.

|  Exceptional physician  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2013

Dr. Pelta is an exceptional physician. He has a nice way of making you feel at ease during stressful times. I see Dr. Pelta periodically like I would my internist or cardiologist. Cannot say enough wonderful things about this physician. .

by Linda B on Feb 13th, 2013

A sincere, kind, caring physician who is very knowledgable about his specialty. He cares, gives you his undivided attention and addresses your most pressing issues. They don't make doctors like this anymore. I highly recommend him and travel an hour to see him, which is well worth the effort!

|  They are not flexible with appointments  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

I just tried to make an appointment as a new patient and the latest time they will take a new patient is 3:30. What do you do if you work?

|  Awsome Doctor  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

I've been a patient for many years after seeing numerous psychiatrists and Dr. Pelta is the most caring and kind man I have worked with. He worked to get me on the right meds to ease my depression. I have recommended him to friends and coworkers.

|  Dr.Pelta is the best at what he does  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

He helped me immensely and is one of the best doctors I've ever come across. He has helped me recover from depression and saved me from ect treatments with his dilligence. I cannot say enough about this man. If you are looking for a caring doctor this is the one. As for the complaints about his staff, he has a new staff now. I found them to always be nice and caring.

|  the best  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

His office staff Jackie is so awesome that I want to come back just to see her! Dr Pelta and Jackie made me feel great

Dec 27th, 2011

the greatest. he helped me throught the hardest times

|  RUDE STAFF  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2011

This is the office of a very kind Doctor (Phychiatrist). His staff is rude, uncaring and pushed me into a full blown panic attacj. How people like that work with people who have enough emotional problems is almost cruel. I am going back for 1 more appointment to get my medication, and then leaving the Practice after that. I was seeing the nurse practioner, she left and I am forced to see a new doctor. I have no job and no insurance. I have to pay the extra money to get an additional refill which had been promised to me by my prior clinician.

Jun 9th, 2011

Outstanding Doctor....

|  Dr. Pelta I wish every MD could have 1/4 of your intelligence.  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

If you need to see a qualified, terrific psychiatrist make an appointment to see Dr. Pelta he is the best.

|  The BEST  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

Dr. Pelta is one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. He truly cares about his patients and gives the best care available.

|  Would not follow up with me after hospital stay  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

How do you pretend to be a caring and concerned physician when in the hospital, and then refuse a patient follow up care?? Office staff is extremely rude and show no empathy for the patient. Left NUMEROUS messages with office staff and never received a return call from anyone. Would not recommend this practice.

Feb 21st, 2011

Took over an hour and a half to see him for a 15 min appt, one of the worst experiences ever!Just be ready to wait if u see him

Jan 8th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Pelta for almost 2 years. He is very caring and intelligent. He is one of the best doctors I have ever met.

Dec 20th, 2010

Extremely rude (sarcastic, passive aggressive, reprimanding, slamming down the phone!) office staff. Very traumatic experience trying to communicate with them. Is Dr. Pelta aware of how his staff treats his clientele?

|  Dr. Pelta is the bomb  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2010

I would take a greyhound bus 14 hours just for a 30 minute appointment with Ely... he is the best Psychiatrist I have been to in 13 years. Only HE could make a nutjob like me feel "normal"! Muchos Gracias!!!

|  Dr. Pelta is Someone you can talk to..  |  show details
by Paul R. on Dec 8th, 2009

I would like to first compliment Jackie at the front desk that works for Dr. Pelta. Excellent. She runs a tight ship!!Dr. Pelta, a great guy. Caring, good natured, caring. He talks to you from the heart. He remembers details of the good and bad about you and makes you stop and think about your actions. Reminds you that "a pill" is not always the answer. He has been a huge help to me. I respect him immensly. I dont like to drive and drive from Wilton Manors for my visit.

|  Rude Staff - Abandoned in Crisis!  |  show details
by peter on Nov 20th, 2008

His "Gatekeeper" is the devil incarnate! I was ignored in crisis for 8 weeks! Dr. Pelta may not even know! Watch out for his she-devil!!!!!!!

Feb 26th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr.Pelta's office has an excellent Pscythiatric Nurse Practitioner named Karen McNeely that I highly recommend. You get the same evaluation and treatment for less cost out of pocket, which is a plus for those with a deductible.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  The best  |  show details
by Billy on Feb 10th, 2008

excellent, great bedside manner, helped in a crisis