Dr. Ely Shapiro Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ely Shapiro?

Home Allergies

Home Allergies

Have you seen Dr. Ely Shapiro?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2015

Walked out of an appointment, I had already waited an hour for, to be told it would be another 45 minutes. Would be nice if they could have explained how long I would be waiting, in stead of me having to ask after a hour. Patient's time is not important to them. Have been there before but will not be going back.

November 14th, 2015

My son was misdiagnosed for 6 months. Had a trach put in at 3 days old due to vocal paralysis when in reality webbing was anchoring the vocal folds. He would treat me poor when I would question why there was no explanation for the supposed paralyzation. Called u of m outside shapiros office when my son had his checkup at 6 mo and got in 2 days later. My son was scoped and the webbing was found instantly. Surgery was reversed at a year old by U of M. The initial intubation at Bronson for the trach was forced and permanently damaged a vocal fold. My son is now delayed and in speech therapy. If I didn't contact u of m, I don't know where he would be. On a side note, 3 years later, shapiro told my grandma she just had a wart on her nose, when she wasn't sold, she went to his partner who found it was cancerous.

June 19th, 2014

He was very kind to me and my child, explained everything and then took the time to talk to my daughter. It was a great experience.

September 20th, 2012

self centered, patients seem to be a inconvience to him

August 3rd, 2010

I was worried about seeing Dr. Shapiro after hearing some negative things about him, though after my appointment, I feel much better. After a very painful botched wisdom teeth surgery, I was very nervous to have anything done again. Dr. Shapiro and his PA spent over an hour with me diagnosing my problems and deciding a tonsillectomy would be best for me. Dr. Shapiro was very understanding of why I was nervous and made me feel comfortable. He listened when I explained how vicoden doesn't really work on my pain. Overall, I don't think I've ever had a doctor and PA listen to me more about my health problems and my fears.His office staff was also very helpful. I go back to school in 4 weeks, and they are working to schedule my tonsillectomy surgery for before I go back. I'll update again after my surgery if anything changes, but as far as I'm concerned now, Dr. Shapiro is a great ENT, my only complaint was a long wait before my appointment, which is understandable since my own appointment was an hour. It was well worth the wait.

March 2nd, 2010

I explained my son was turning 18 in less than a month and would lose his MI child coverage. Our family doctor felt he needed his tonsils out and recommended Dr. Shapiro. His staff got us in within a week and my sons tonsils were removed a week later. The surgery was fast, and he recovered quickly.I liked this doctor very much. He explained things thoroughly.

October 28th, 2009