Dr. Emad Khaleeli Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emad Khaleeli?

Posted on June 26th, 2012

When I was unable to reach Dr. Khaleeli, after repeatedly calling his office to discuss ultrasound results concerning a mass on my thyroid, I contacted my previous GP for advice. I was relieved when I was contacted by Dr. Khaleeli's office, the following morning, and asked to come in 45 minutes later. Unfortunately, the consultation turned out to have NOTHING to do with my medical condition. Dr. Khaleeli proceeded to chastise me, in the most unprofessional manner, because I had emailed my prior GP regarding my condition. In an unbelievable display anger, Dr. Khaleeli came in wagging his finger at me, slammed the chart on the table, and began yelling at me that if I ever contacted Dr. S.,(my prior doctor),regarding my medical care I was never to set foot in his office again. Moreover, he proceeded to let me know, (AND I QUOTE),that he was "very friggin' different" from Dr. S. who had "a filthy-rich wife and could afford to see only five patients a day because he did not have to make a living". (It is important to note that Dr. S. is also the same colleage who transfered all of his patients to Dr. Khaleeli when he recently relocated up North.) He continued to tell me I was now in the "real world" and unlike Dr. S., he was not able to walk across the street to the hospital to have coffee and get my ultrasound results personally. Even when I began to cry and tried to explain that I was only seeking help, (due to my being frustrated and scared over the possibility of having cancer), and that I had also shared with Dr. S. positive feedback regarding my first impression of him, he responded that he appreciated the sentiment but that it still didn't matter. Moreover, he said he "did not care if I filed acomplaint against him with the hospital and made him drop a few points on their rating scale "as the hospital is all about customer service ratings" but that he was not. Never was even my blood pressure (130/90) even discussed, despite the fact his nurse, after taking it, had me sign and date a consult sheet; my insurance carrier will, undoubtedly, be receiving a bill for what can only be described as the 'verbal beating' that I received at the hands of Dr. Khaleeli.

Patient for 6 years

Posted on August 28th, 2010

Very willing to spend enough time to discuss test results and answer patient questions. Good insight into overall health issues including those beyond cardiology. Positive attitude which helps encourage patients to participate in management of their own health problems.

Posted on October 4th, 2017