Dr. Emanuel Kouroupos MD Patient Reviews

• Legal Medicine Astoria, NY

3.2

April 4th, 2017
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!
The rudest, bad mannered, dismissive, disinterested and obnoxious person I have ever encountered in the medical profession. His staff are no better. Take the advice of someone who immediately removed him from my plan and called my insurance to complain. Never experienced anything as bad.

September 12th, 2016
Good Man, Good Doctor
He will make you feel comfortable even with as awkward a proceedure as a Colonoscopy.

December 24th, 2015
Finest doctor I've ever visited and I've had a number of MDs being 83 years of age.

August 27th, 2015
Dr. Kouroupos goes above and beyond to be sure that I get the best medical care and treatment. I highly recommend him.

October 8th, 2012
he's a joke
he makes you wait too long, will not give you a referral for even a dermatologist unless he performs unnecessary tests to bilk the insurance companies. he doesn't bother trying to find your underlying problem, he just masks it with meds and sends you on your way. kept telling my dad he suffered from sinus problems and found out much later that he actually had cancer! wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy

November 17th, 2011
Somebody needs to get that place organized. Nobody at the front desk most of the time. Staff too busy to help anyone. I waited 2+ hours in the waiting room and decided to leave. I will never go back there again. I will say at least 1 person there was helpful. She was nice. Thanks pink scrubs.

January 30th, 2011
Staff & Dr. Kouroupos Needs Improvement
In addition to waiting over 1 1/2 hours for the Dr. to see me, you better pray you get your referral. After waiting over 2 weeks for a referral to be mailed to me, I have to call their office again to tell them I never received it. They always get nasty & blame it on the mail. I never have a problem with the mail, only when they have to mail me a referral. Eventually I get it 2-3 months after calling their office 3 or 4 times. So unneccessary Dr. Kouroupos, just hire a better staff who is polite. Also, my prostate level was high & when I spoke to Dr. Kouroupos about it, he blew me off & said don't worry about it, it is nothing. I went to another Doctor for a 2nd. opinion & thank God I did because I found out I needed surgery & a seed implant. If I had listened to Dr. Kouroupos, I would have been dead. Not Good !!!!

October 26th, 2010
The doctor to see
When you need to see a doctor, Dr. Kouroupos is ready and willing to see you. He is a good doctor and the staff is available and ready to work with you in getting the fastest appointment possible.

October 10th, 2010
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR !!!
Horrible, NASTY Staff. Wait time for doctor over 2 hours each appointment. Doctor gets nasty when protecting his staff from their errors. I told Dr. Kouroupos I had swelling & pain around my stomach. He is a Gastroenterologist so I asked for a colonoscopy. He said he gave me one 2 years ago & he wouldn't approve of another one. I went to another Gastroenterologist & he gave me a colonoscopy. Thank God he did because I found out my colon was hemmoraging & needed a colon resection. When I told Dr. Kouroupos I was going for a second opinion, he got nasty & told me he didn't want me as a patient. What a nasty !!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR

August 12th, 2010
Office Staff Sucks !!!
Hire better workers !!!!!!! Nasty & overworked !!!!

October 15th, 2009
Dr. K is the man
staff sucks, except for Dee. I guess it all depends on what time your appointment is, but he had me waiting for a little bit longer than i would have liked to stay.

August 18th, 2009
Office Staff
Your staff needs improving. Some like Silvia are very good but Amy (Aimee?) is a drama queen. Whenever I ask her for a referral she complains that everyone asks her for her help instead of the other staff. I always told her I never asked for her but she ignores that. She complains that her friends want to go to Dr. Kouroupos but can't because he is not accepting new patients. She asked me several times to tell her if I want to leave him so she can get her friends in. I told her I wouldn't do that but she called me twice this year & asked me why I never called the Dr.'s office & if I left Dr. Kouroupos for another Dr. I told her I called your office many, many times this year for referrals & to stop putting words in my mouth that weren't true for the sake of getting your friends in. I am also not that crazy about you diagnostic skills. I along with other patients get the impression that you don't want to go the extra mile to send patients for testing or US exams to rule out other problems. You give the impression that you are paid off by the Health Insurance companies to keep their costs down by not sending patients for proper testing or US exams at the expense of our health. Other Doctors send patients for US exams & other exams to rule other health issues out but you like to argue when a patient asks & never give a rational answer as to why you won't. Be careful, you are opening yourself up to law suits this way & if patients develop health problems because of your lack of exams to catch it early enough to help the patient, then you should be sued.