Dr. Emil Cheng MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2016
Excellent Doctor for Herniated Disc treatment and Back/Spine
I met with Dr. Cheng for a herniated disc in my back. He has been incredibly helpful in his explanations of my treatment options and thorough in evaluating my unique case. He did a great job administering painful block shots which were a much needed help for my problem and referred me to a great physical therapist to get me back in motion again. I am back to almost normal activity due to being under his care. He also has a great staff working with him to ensure the experience is positive every step of the way. I would recommend him for any/all back and spine concerns.

August 20th, 2013
Find another
Lost interest in my case immediately after my case worker was removed. Very moody doctor with horrible bedside manners. Many times he seemed to be uninformed about my spine problem or medications. Often times asking me which meds I was taking. Came into the office writes his reports and leaves. His staff is also very rude. Overheard her speaking to a patient on the phone only to make abusive remarks about that patient after hanging up to a co-worker.

July 9th, 2013
Thoughtful and a good listener.
Dr Cheng is a breath of fresh air to his profession. He listens carefully to the issues, explains the x-rays patiently and then takes action. He is a role model working in a very difficult area. His personal recommendation for my physical therapy has been very successful.

June 16th, 2012
One of NM's best doctors
Though not a fan of ABQ docs, I found Dr. Cheng excellent. He reviewed all of my MRIs, xays and reports from other docs with me and my husband. Discussed all options and recommended converative treatment initially. If that does not work, he will investigate other possibilies for me. I have severe chronic lower back pain. If surgery is needed, he will recommend several surgeons outside Albuquerque. I have talked to him on the weekend, ouside of office hours, and he been a great help and not annoyed at the call.

June 24th, 2011
Intelligent, Kindly, Explains stuff, good results
Dr. Cheng was recommended to me by a PA at UNMH Center for Life, as a well-known Dr. in NM that is top in his field. I agree. He quickly diagnosed me, explained everything, and referred me to other specialists, then wanted to see me back again after I got those reports, as my case is complicated. I am very happy with this doc, and am going back.

September 10th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Gave me epidural shots that relieved radiating pain. Prior physiatrist's injections did not work. Dr. is very professional, caring and nice.

November 30th, 2015