Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com. CitySearch.
Oct 24th, 2014

very professional. serious. clean environment.

|  Free Consultation  |  show details
by Helena S. on Jul 24th, 2014

I went in for a free consultation and Dr. Chynn and his staff are very professional and friendly. They thoroughly explained the LASEK procedure and even invited me to watch the surgery live. They are very confident of their work and I am convinced enough to go through the workups to get the procedure done ASAP! They addressed all of my questions and fears and I learned that it is much safer than LASIK. I feel very educated about what I'm going to have done, which is awesome because doctors don't usually explain things in detail for patients to understand. I was especially concerned because I have a prescription of -10.0 for my right eye and -8.5 for my left and thought the numbers were too high to correct. But then I learned that Dr. Chynn corrected the highest prescription in the world of -22.0 through laser vision correction. I was SO relieved to hear that! His staff also assured me that there are no complications whatsoever that go on during the operation. And Dr. C is so confident that he has the only glass-walled operating room in the world (it's pretty neat once you see it in person)!!! It's also amazing how he's the only person in New York who performs the safer LASEK than LASIK--shows that he truly cares for the people! On top of that, he graduated from Harvard Medical school! What more assurance than you need than to know that your doctor graduated from the top med school in the U.S.? He's awesome!!!

|  Free Consultation  |  show details
by Helena on Jul 2nd, 2014

I went in for a free consultation and Dr. Chynn and his staff are very professional and friendly. They thoroughly explained the LASEK procedure and even invited me to watch the surgery live. They are very confident of their work and I am convinced enough to go through the workups to get the procedure done ASAP! They addressed all of my questions and fears and I learned that it is much safer than LASIK. I feel very educated about what I'm gonna have done, which is awesome because doctors don't usually explain things in detail for patients to understand. There is also complimentary water/tea/coffee and the HONY book (which I've been dying to look at) in the waiting area! :D

|  my visit with Dr Chynn  |  show details
by Nathalie A on Apr 12th, 2013

I came in this morning to meet with Dr Chynn. He has a great reputation and wanted to speak to him about my condition. I am very sensitive about my situation because I can go blind at anytime. He has been very helpful and understanding. His staff is great and I felt very welcomed. Dr Chynn explained in detail the condition of my left eye and immediatly took action to correct it. I recommend this office to anyone. And as scary as it was for me, I ended up feeling much better after my consultation.

|  Fellowship  |  show details
by Dr. V on Mar 22nd, 2013

I really want to express how grateful I feel for Dr. Chynn and all the rest of his administrative and medical staff. I arrived to his clinic to start my fellowship 2 years ago, I only barely spoke the English language, and I am an ophthalmologist who came to the United States from my private practice in Bolivia. Though I could have come through the SF Match, I didn’t so that I could take advantage of a more flexible, part-time schedule to take care of my kids. My first 3 months were a very hard challenge for me, I needed to improve my communication skills and I was charged many tasks and responsibilities since the early beginning. I don’t regret about this since it made me a really self confident, strong person and an excellent clinician with my patients. All the people around me were very nice and collaborative. They were always able to help and clarify most of my curiosities and ignorance. The clinical experienced acquired with Dr. Chynn is invaluable. He is a very smart and demanding person (in fact, sometimes very intimidating) but this is the way he is. It took me some time to discover the real value of Dr. Chynn and that great person he is. Now that I left I really realize how much I will miss this place. Dr. Chynn, Dr. Puri, Dr. Almeida, my dear Liz and all the rest of the staff… THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything.Dr. Patricia Villarroel (Dr. "V")Refractive Fellow

|  Who else would you trust with your eyes?  |  show details
by Gerald J. on Feb 14th, 2013

First and foremost, I just want to let it be known I wouldn't trust anyone except Dr. Chynn with my eyes. Yes, things like his education and experience and awards can be read about but there are certain aspects of him that you just have to experience to understand. Dr. Chynn is extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, and a pioneer in his field (of LASEK and his patented SafeSight technique.) I will reiterate, I would not trust anyone except Dr. Chynn with the fate of my eyes and my vision. He got me seeing 20/20, and the procedure, medications, and treatment was tailored to my personal prescription. Through is guidance and understanding, I was able to achieve high definition treatment and high definition vision that is so much sharper than I can ever remember seeing. Yes yes, Dr. Chynn is blunt and yes he tells it like it is, but when it comes to my eyes and my health I don't want a sugar coating. I want to know what's best for how, how I go about accomplishing it, and whether or not I am taking the necessary steps to do so. He is intelligent, thorough, and through it all caring.

|  Mr  |  show details
by M.Z. on Feb 12th, 2013

La Verdad no tengo palabras para aradecer a Dr Chynn y su increible staff por todo lo que han hecho por mi,.. mi prescripcion era tan elevada que fui rechazada en muchos lugares, cuando pense que mi vision no tenia ninguna solucion , encontre un aviso en internet sobre este lugra y como trataban pacientes con muy elevada prescripcion y tome la decision de vennir, nunca mejor tomada, ahora puedo realmente apreciar las cosas sin teneer que gastar tanta plata en lentes de contacto y sin tener que lidiar con mis lentes, y mucho mas que eso mi vision es mejor,, asi que eternamente agradecido a Dr Chynn y su staff por todo..mi vision fue mucho peor que 20/30 antes de la cirugia y ahora puedo ver 20/20.

|  Mejor imposible  |  show details
by Alberto Gomez on Feb 12th, 2013

Hola, mi nombre es Alberto y queria agradecerle de todo corazon a Dr Chynn y su staff porque han tratado mi problema visual de la mejor manera posible! Mi prescripcion era muy alta (alrededor de -10.00) y ya estaba cansado de hacer consultas por diferentes centros obteniendo la misma respuesta, tu no eres buen candidato para una cirugia refractiva, la unica solucion que te queda es colocar una lente dentro del ojo, cosa que me aterrorizaba, hasta que fui a dar con Dr Chynn el cual me hizo multiples estudios para asegurarme que podia recibir cirugia, la cual tuve hace poco mas de 2 meses y que fue todo un exito, ya que hoy estoy disfrutando viajar y hacer todo tipo de deportes al aire libre sin tener que estar pendiente de mis gafas!! Muchas gracias!!!

|  LASEK surgery  |  show details
by James Purriganan on Feb 12th, 2013

After finding out that I was not an eligible candidate for the cornea-cutting LASIK surgery, I decided to weigh my options to deal with my -11 prescription in both eyes. Living in Florida, I decided to come to new york city and meet with Dr. Chynn to discuss the non cornea-cutting LASEK procedure after hearing about the surgery who flew in all the way from Dubai for his surgery. I thought Dr. Chynn was kidding when he told me he could treat my prescription. Just two months out of surgery, I was seeing 20/20, compared to my 20/25 vision I had with glasses. Now four months out of surgery, I cant believe that Im seeing 20/15. My vision is beyond perfection, and needless to say the surgery was worth every penny. The best part about the entire process was, Dr. Chynn had an answer to every medical question I asked him. Having met four other laser eye surgery specialists, not one of them knew nearly as much about the surgery process and how to deal with the aftermath of the procedure.

|  Great Pratice  |  show details
by Dwayne D on Feb 7th, 2013

The staff at Park Avenue Lasek are very friendly. Dr emil chynn was very patient with me and let me know everything i needed to know prior to receiving the procedure. I have my surgery coming up in 2 weeks and i absolutely can't wait. Looking forward to seeing out of my own two eyes clearly.

Nov 27th, 2012

About two years ago I considered laser eye correction but wasnt able to get it done back then. Through my research I kept coming back to Dr. Chynns Park Avenue LASEK. So although I wasnt able to get it then I stored it in my bookmarks. Naturally, when I started thinking about laser vision correction I eagerly went and looked up Dr. Chynn again. The site made it clear that the caliber of care would and attention to detail was in every aspect of the staff. I called and made my FREE consultation and was not disappointed. In fact I was never more excited at this cutting edge technique of NO CUT, NO FLAP making it SAFER than the older technique that is still widely used elsewhere. Even more excited is how affordable it is at Park Avenue Lasek. The staff is also great. It helps that most have had the procedure done themselves so when they talk its with firsthand experience. Dr. Almeida answered every question I had and proved very patient and knowledgeable. And Dr. Chynn oversees ever aspect and is right there to personally meet with and answer any additional questions that each client has. If youre interested in vision correction than Park Avenue Lasek is THE place. And if youre not interested in laser vision correction I challenge you to just take a few minutes to look at their site. Do your own research, I know you wont regret it. And if your still unsure come watch a live procedure the glass OR!Karimah A.One of the many happy Park Avenue Clients

|  Can't recommend  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2012

I had the epi-LASEK procedure done about 1 year ago. The recuperation time was much more involved than initially explained, but sometimes that can happen, I understand. My vision ultimately came up to about 20/30. They offered a re-vision, which I did, and this added a new recuperation phase that was shorter but still frustrating. My biggest issue with the practice is that they make no bones whatsoever in their desire to make money. Everything is absolutely geared to getting you to sign on the line, and move ahead with the procedure. (They even ask you to bring in a family member or friend who "wears glasses" to hold your hand during the procedure. ) Thereafter you will never hear a word from Dr. Chynn again. He has several foreign "fellows" that basically do all the scut work for him. On the day of the procedure, he walks in, turns on the laser, zaps your eyes, and leaves. He frequently has arguments with his team in front of you, calling them names, cursing, and it is always about why they missed an opportunity to get more money out of you somehow. He also constantly beats you on the head with his credentials, IVy league this and that, which on first hearing sound impressive, but on the 9th hearing makes me wonder how he got passed the interview process at these schools. He may be technically good, but he is no better than many in the city, and his weirdness and mercenary personality is just terribly off-putting.

|  So Far So Good.  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

I have begun my journey to LASEK and I am extremely excited about it. After a number of recommendations and witnessing a few success stories first hand, I have decided to put my eyes in the hands of Park Avenue Lasek. Aside from just being the same practice that a number of my colleagues have attended, they are the only practice in NYC that does the LASEK surgery without any cutting! This is what makes LASEK different from LASIK. This SafeSight non-invasive approach is 10 times safer and knowing the technology is out there and available, why would you choose anything different, right? After my colleagues success story I immediately scheduled my consultation, luckily its free. The Doctor answered all of my questions and concerns with ease. The quality of this procedure is different than any other in New York City. I was even able to witness a LASEK procedure when I was in the office. It was so quick and to see the patient walk out with a big smile on their face convinced me it was time to make the commitment! One large hesitation I had before committing to the procedure were the financials of the procedure. Park Ave Lasek had an agreement with my company, as they do with a larger number of NYC businesses., to save me a good chunk of money. Also they offer a number of different ways to make this affordable for a variety of budgets. In my opinion this is a great value for the quality and attention you and your eyes receive at Park Avenue Lasek!

|  Simply the best  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

My experience with Park Avenue Lasek (www.parkavenuelasek.com/ 212.741.8628) has been amazing. Like everyone who has worn glasses and or contacts, eventually it gets to be a bother and expensive. When I had my first appointment at Park Avenue Lasek, it was definitely unique. When I walked in to the office the operating room is located in the front of the office in clear sight of everyone including people walking by in the street. This is very different from any doctors office I have ever been in. The front desk staff was very friendly and while I was waiting to be seen I was actually given the opportunity first hand to watch a procedure done by Dr. Chynn. While Dr. Chynn was operating on a patient Dr. Almeida was on hand to explain each step of the procedure. After the procedure was completed, which took less than 10 minutes, Not only was I sold on the procedure but I wanted to get the procedure done right away. My biggest fear of Lasik surgery is that I did not want anyone to cut into my eyes. But, Dr. Chynns superior operation is called SafeSight and it is the non cutting, no flap, and safer alternative. Best of all it was non- invasive. When it comes to any surgery everyone will always shop around for the best price but with the excellent customer service, the thoroughness of the doctors, and the gifted hands of Dr. Chynn, Park Avenue Lasek is the best value for my money.

|  LAsek  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

I want to share the unique experience I had at Park Avenue LASEK with Dr. Chynn and his staff. Words cannot explain how pleased I am that I don't have to use glasses any more. Prior to my procedure I had been using glasses for all my life and my vision continued to worsen. I was impressed with Dr. Chynn's background and credentials. Dr. Chynn specialized in the non-cutting, no flap, LASEK, meaning I did not have to my corneas cut as the LASIK procedure does. LASEK is a non-invasive procedure where there is no cutting as compared to the LASIK procedure. In LASIK procedures, there is a flap cut where the cornea is cut in order to correct your vision which can lead to further complications. But with the LASEK I did not have any complications since is a non cutting, no flap procedure.The staff was great help and able to answer my questions when I called or went for follow ups. I highly recommend all to visit Park Ave LASEK for an experience of a lifetime. The greatest value is being able to see better than 20/20 after my safe sight! So go ahead and give them a call so you can also share the same superior experience at 212.741.8628 or visit www.parkavenuelasek.com

Jun 26th, 2012

Jun 14th, 2012

Although I am not a regular reviewer, the uniqueness of Park Avenue LASEK has prompted me to write here. I went with a friend who was considering getting rid of her glasses. It is when I realized that LASEK is not the same as LASIK This is the only center in NY that exclusively performs only LASEK! When I first walked in, it was comforting to find that the atmosphere is nowhere close to a doctor's office(although it does get busy at times) the office staff will actually talk to you rather than stick a bunch of papers to fill in. They will walk you through the process and in my friends case, she was already informed about it on the phone. Once done with the formalities, they give a lot of stuff to read and force you to ask questions! Unlike your regular doctor. The free consultation itself was about 30 mins long! And it wasnt even the actual testing! (And my friend tells me the actual testing is even more detailed thorough lasting over an hour) Imagine an MD spending so much time with you! They painstakingly explain everything and even answered my questions! in general the office seems more interested in educating you about your vision. Discussing the price seemed to be the last thing on everyone's mind only after they have answered all your queries. The office also provides the price sheet upfront and the MDs discuss all the different gold/silver/ platinum packages and will suggest the best ( gold in case of my friend) rather than the most expensive (diamond i think) package. We also got to meet The surgeon Dr Chynn, who comes across as Mr Miyagi from the karate kid constantly supervising keeping all the staff and the MDs on the edge, lest they become complacent. He also explained that other centers that do bladeless surgery still cut a flap with a laser unlike park avenue Lasek that doesnt cut a flap at all. he too made sure that we understood the merits of LASEK over LASIK. He did not get offended when I asked him why he charges more and he patiently explained that unlike other centers, he uses the VISX(?) laser which charges a royalty for every procedure and also all the patients are seen by MDs. It would not be possible to provide such a high level of care if they gave out coupons. He joked if if I ever needed surgery, would I go to the best surgeon or the cheapest one. Quality indeed comes at a price and it doesn't hurt to shell a little extra. Plus they also had financing plans.I could not accompany my friend for the surgery but from her mood she certainly seemed elated as she had gone from being twice legally blind to being legal to drive just after her procedure. I revisited the center with my friend for her one week post- op and was pleasantly surprised that everyone remembered me even though I was just accompanying her.Although I myself don't need surgery, I highly recommend this place if you do not want to get your eyeballs sliced for a life time. The little premium is absolutely worth for the extra care and personal touch that Dr Chynn provides for a once in a lifetime procedure. The website www.parkavenueLASEK.com is also very helpful or you could just call them on 212-741-8628.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Emil Chynns office at 102 East 25th Street was superior in terms of service, helpfulness, and promptness of service. I called to ask for a post-op appointment at Park Avenue LASEK Vision as soon as possible and was given a same day appointment. His lasek procedure is truly unique in that it is flapless and painless! It was the only center I could find in the area that provided this non-invasive service, and after doing my research, I realized that this is the procedure I wanted for fewer complications. Additionally, the possibility of flap complications was eliminated because I dont have a flap to begin with. I felt the cost of the procedure was reasonable, and that the benefit of not having to wear glasses any longer make it the best value I have received!

|  Very Shady  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

He is dishonest and exploits people. If I were Harvard, I would ban him from mentioning that he is from there. He only got his undergrad there, and he makes it sound as though he got his medical degree there. The MENSA membership is a sure sign he is extremely insecure. Most surgeons could easily get into MENSA but would understand how silly it is as it's just a subjective way to prove you can pass tests and has nothing to to with your surgical skill, business practices, or personal character. If someone has to tear down competitors, mislead the public, pay for good reviews, and pay to get dates, they might not be all that great. After all, if they were, wouldn't their work and personal attributes speak for themselves?

|  Best Up Front Patient Education  |  show details
by Anonymous on May 24th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I have been investigating laser surgery to correct my vision. My vision has slowly worsened, and it's very difficult for me to enjoy my personal ...

May 22nd, 2012

I want to share the unique experience I had at Park Avenue LASEK withDr. Chynn and his staff. Words cannot explain how ecstatic I am that Idont have to use glasses any more. Prior to my procedure I had beenusing glasses for over 7 years and my vision continued to deteriorateyearly. I wanted correct my vision but was afraid of choosing a doctorwho will leave me to face my greatest fear. I did some intenseresearch and came across Park Avenue LASEK. I was impressed with Dr.Chynns background and credentials. Dr. Chynn specialized in thenon-cutting, no flap, LASEK, meaning I did not have to my corneas cutas the LASIK procedure does. LASEK is a non-invasive procedure wherethere is no cutting as compared to the LASIK procedure. In LASIKprocedures, there is a flap cut where the cornea is cut in order tocorrect your vision. This can lead to many complications such as nightglare, dry eyes, halos at night. But with the LASEK I did not have anyof those complications since is a non cutting, no flap procedure.My procedure was a seminar and I was able to have my friends andfamily member be present to watch my procedure. I was trulycomfortable with all the moral support. The staff was great help andable to answer my questions and hear my complains when I called. Ihighly recommend all to visit Park Ave LASEK for a superior experience. The greatest value is being able to see better than 20/20 after mysafe sight! So go ahead and give them a call so you can also share thesame superior experience at212.741.8628or visitwww.parkavenuelasek.comEneroliza c

May 14th, 2012

I have begun my journey to LASEK and I am extremely excited about it. After a number of recommendations and witnessing a few success stories first hand, I have decided to put my eyes in the hands of Park Avenue Lasek.Aside from just being the same practice that a number of my colleagues have attended, they are the only practice in NYC that does the LASEK surgery without any cutting! This is what makes LASEK different from LASIK. This SafeSight non-invasive approach is 10 times safer and knowing the technology is out there and available, why would you choose anything different, right? After my colleagues success story I immediately scheduled my consultation, luckily its free. The Doctor answered all of my questions and concerns with ease. The quality of this procedure is different than any other in New York City. I was even able to witness a LASEK procedure when I was in the office. It was so quick and to see the patient walk out with a big smile on their face convinced me it was time to make the commitment!One large hesitation I had before committing to the procedure were the financials of the procedure. Park Ave Lasek had an agreement with my company, as they do with a larger number of NYC businesses., to save me a good chunk of money. Also they offer a number of different ways to make this affordable for a variety of budgets. In my opinion this is a great value for the quality and attention you and your eyes receive at Park Avenue Lasek!Contact info.Park Avenue Lasekwww.parkavenuelasek.com212.741.8628

May 14th, 2012

When I had made the decision to fix my vision, friends had referred me to both LASIK and LASEK surgery. My first consultation was with a well known LASIK surgeon. The consultation went well and I had even put a deposit down for the procedure. However, there was a gut feeling that something was wrong. After a mental overview of the consultation, I felt there was a huge monetary motivation and a sales person had persuaded me with the perfect pitch. I decided to do further research and learn the differences between LASIK, LASEK and PRK and familiarize myself with well-known surgeons in the New York City area. After much research, I retracted my deposit and went for a second consultation at Park Avenue LASEK. The staff was warm and welcoming, even the office itself had a homey feel. I did however find it strange that the OR room was facing the street for pedestrians to observe. This was very strange to me but at the same time comforting to know that Dr. Chynn had absolutely nothing to hide about his practice and every surgery is recorded. My experience at Park Avenue Lasek was welcoming and very thorough. I was given several informational sheets and had the chance to go through a list of my personal questions with both Dr. Puri and Dr. Villarroel. The collective experience of the faculty is astounding and Dr. Chynns extensive educational background in Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Emory and NYU; I felt my eyes would be in good hands. What was more impressive was that between my pre-op visits; the medical team had gone to a conference that was to update the staff on the most innovative procedures and most recent research. This should be common practice for medical professionals but I feel is often neglected. As a registered nurse myself, I personally feel that medical professionals should always be on a quest to enhance their knowledge in their field. My surgery went without any complications and I have been following all the post-op protocols. I like how Park Avenue LASEK has a very standardized protocol; there were several checklists to be met prior to surgery. Even street parking wasnt allowed due to the fact that a companion was mandatory. Punctal plugs were even placed in my ducts to minimize dry eyes. I felt like this place had everything down to a science!! There was however, something administrative that went amiss on my checklist and it was evident that Dr. Chynn was very unhappy about the situation to the point where he took his staff member off to the side to make it a point that it never happens again. My vision was not terrible to begin with, approximately -2.00/-2.25 with a slight astigmatism. Im approximately 5 days post-op; Im still seeing slightly blurry but improving every day. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for my vision to fully correct. I know this is longer than traditional LASIK where the patient can wake up the next morning and everything would be 20/20. However, during my research I have learned that there are far more complications with a corneal flap and since there is no way to precisely measure your vision under the corneal flap; a small percentage of patients have to undergo the procedure again. With Dr. Chynns LASEK procedure, no flap is ever made, a more precise measurement of your vision can be achieved and decreasing the chances of long term complications in exchange for a longer recovery period is absolutely worth it. I would truly recommend Dr. Chynn and his entire staff if you are looking for vision correction!

|  Lasek Surgery!  |  show details
by tragicsmiles at Citysearch on May 14th, 2012 on citysearch.com

When I had made the decision to fix my vision, friends had referred me to both LASIK and LASEK surgery. My first consultation was with a well known LASIK surgeon. The consultation went well and I had even put a deposit down for the procedure. However, there was a gut feeling that something was wrong. After a mental overview of the consultation, I felt there was a huge monetary motivation and a sales person had persuaded me with the perfect pitch. I decided to do further research and learn the differences between LASIK, LASEK and PRK and familiarize myself with well-known surgeons in the New York City area. After much research, I retracted my deposit and went for a second consultation at Park Avenue LASEK. The staff was warm and welcoming, even the office itself had a homey feel. I did however find it strange that the OR room was facing the street for pedestrians to observe. This was very strange to me but at the same time comforting to know that Dr. Chynn had absolutely nothing to hide about his practice and every surgery is recorded. My experience at Park Avenue Lasek was welcoming and very thorough. I was given several informational sheets and had the chance to go through a list of my personal questions with both Dr. Puri and Dr. Villarroel. The collective experience of the faculty is astounding and Dr. Chynns extensive educational background in Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Emory and NYU I felt my eyes would be in good hands. What was more impressive was that between my pre-op visits the medical team had gone to a conference that was to update the staff on the most innovative procedures and most recent research. This should be common practice for medical professionals but I feel is often neglected. As a registered nurse myself, I personally feel that medical professionals should always be on a quest to enhance their knowledge in their field. My surgery went without any complications and I have been following all the post-op protocols. I like how Park Avenue LASEK has a very standardized protocol there were several checklists to be met prior to surgery. Even street parking wasnt allowed due to the fact that a companion was mandatory. Punctal plugs were even placed in my ducts to minimize dry eyes. I felt like this place had everything down to a science!! There was however, something administrative that went amiss on my checklist and it was evident that Dr. Chynn was very unhappy about the situation to the point where he took his staff member off to the side to make it a point that it never happens again which was done in a very professional manner. My vision was not terrible to begin with, approximately -2.00-2.25 with a slight astigmatism. Im approximately 5 days post-op Im still seeing slightly blurry but improving every day. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for my vision to fully correct. I know this is longer than traditional LASIK where the patient can wake up the next morning and everything would be 2020. However, during my research I have learned that there are far more complications with a corneal flap and since there is no way to precisely measure your vision under the corneal flap a small percentage of patients have to undergo the procedure again. With Dr. Chynns LASEK procedure, no flap is ever made, a more precise measurement of your vision can be achieved and decreasing the chances of long term complications in exchange for a longer recovery period is absolutely worth it. I would truly recommend Dr. Chynn and his entire staff if you are looking for vision correction!

May 3rd, 2012

Are you tired of glasses and contacts? Frustrated with no being able to enjoy certain activities such as swimming? Ever thought about getting Laser surgery to correct your vision? If you are, well Park Avenue Laser Vision is the place for you. Park Avenue Laser Vision is the premier vision correction center, where they specialize in NO-CUTTING, NO FLAP Lasek. Traditionally, other places usually perform Lasik which requires cutting of the cornea and then shooting in the laser. However, nearly 90% of the complications result from the flap caused by the cutting. Lasek is the ONLY state of the art method, which requires no cutting and is non-invasive. This method is far more superior and more importantly safer. Furthermore, this state of the art procedure is offered at a wonderful value. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff will put you at ease before, during, and after the surgery; answering any questions you may have and making sure this life changing experience is great. I only trust Park Avenue Lasek with my eyes. Call them today for a free consultation 212.741.8628 or visit their website for more information www.parkavenuelasek.com.

|  great jod  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

I did my surgery with Dr. chynn and Dr. villaroel they were really great!Dr. chynn was really professional like hes staff members!I Enjoy going there for my appointments because they explain me everything that i have to know and they offer you drinks!thank you Dr. Chynn for the surgery because now i dont need more glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!im free from glasses!! yeyeyeyeyeyey!!

Apr 20th, 2012

Dr. Chynn is an expert in Lasek vision correction however his staff can use a little help with management. My friend was a patient was Dr. Chynn and now me.

|  NYC no-cut laser corrective eye surgery  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

This facility is conveniently located and filled with educated and helpful staff. It is the only place in the area that does the procedure without cutting the eye which is what drew me to them. So excited to be able to see without my glasses!

|  Quality Care - Adiana  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

I went to Park Ave Lasek a few weeks as I was considering Lasek surgery. I am not originally from New York so I started doing the typical Google search to start my research. When I came across this eye clinic I thought is was pretty cool that they were the only non cutting surgery center with over 18,000 successful surgeries with zero surgical complications. My eyes are very important to me, so those statistics really mattered! The staff is really nice. Dr. Emil is very intense which is what I like in a surgeon. I am a dietitian and I work with surgeons all the times. You need a certain personality to be a surgeon and I want someone who knows what they are doing. Hopefully, I will be getting my surgery next month and I feel that I am in capable hands.

|  SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

I don't know about every one else but I had a great experience with Dr. Chynn. He handle my eyes with care and seem to know what he was talking about. Yes he is pricey but sometimes you have to spend to get good quality.His staff was really courteous and helpful especially Liz she was very helpful and I appreciated that from her. Overall so far my eyes has been doing great and I am able to see without glasses for the first time.

|  Friend`s success story, my affirmation.  |  show details
by Prabhjot Kaur at Citysearch on Apr 10th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I was very reluctant and scared to go for laser eye surgery for years. But my friend had surgery in february 2012 operated by Dr. Chynn. His success story and results relieved my anxiety and made me schedule a consult with Dr. Chynn. I was thrilled with his knowledge, accreditation and his fellow Dr. Almeida. Im looking forward to my surgery in April, 2012 .

|  BEST SURGEON IN TOWN  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

I completely disagree with the posting from february 29th. The front desk is very helpful as a matter of fact I have access to the ENTIRE staff 24/7 which helped so much post surgery because of questions and concerns that I had about the recovery process. I am already a worry some person and I feel like having access to the fellows, Dr. Chynn and the front desk staff really helped relieve some tension for me. Dr. Chynn was very straight forward and told me exactly what to expect. From the free consultation all the way until I graduated I knew what to expect and how to handle my eyes or the best recovery. Now I see 20/20 and its amazing! Thank you so much Park Avenue Safe Sight and thank you Dr. Chynn!

|  great place for lasek  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2012

This is a great office for LASEk with great staffs. Especially Dr. Chynn, he is very smart with great humor, he went to 5 Ivy League schools including Harvard and Columbia. I was recommended to Dr. Chynn by my cousin, she had her LASEK done by Dr. Chynn and she is very satisfied with her surgery. I went in for a free consultation with Dr. Chynn on March, the staffs are very knowledgeable. They tell you everything you need to know about the surgery and keep repeating it making sure you understand it to get the best result from your surgery. Dr. Chynns office is the only office that offers non-invasive and non-cutting procedures. No flap is cut into your eye, so you dont have to worry about a flap complication comparing to LASIK. Price is a big issue for me, but the Dr. Chynn great staff worked with me to get it down somewhere close enough that I am willing to pay. They have a lot of great offers, you might actually get $2000 off.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2012

I had a great experience with Doctor Chynn and all his staff members. I came in for a consultation on March 14 and was convinced right away to schedule my surgery with Doctor Chynn. He is very knowledgeable, professional and took his time to answer all of my questions ( I had a lot).What really convinced me to put all my trust in him is the fact that he performs his surgery in his own Operating Room in front of Pedestrians! He must know what he is doing, otherwise his Operating Room would be in the back where no one can see. I then scheduled my surgery, Its on March 21st. I will keep you all updated! Wish me Luck!!!!!

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Montaha Khatib at Citysearch on Mar 17th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I had a great experience with Doctor Chynn and all his staff members. I came in for a consultation on March 14 and was convinced right away to schedule my surgery with Doctor Chynn. He is very knowledgeable, professional and took his time to answer all of my questions I had a lot.What really convinced me to put all my trust in him is the fact that he performs his surgery in his own Operating Room in front of Pedestrians! He must know what he is doing, otherwise his Operating Room would be in the back where no one can see. I then scheduled my surgery, Its on March 21st. I will keep you all updated! Wish me Luck!!!!!

|  Dr. Chynn is the best doc personally and professionally!!!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

I went to Dr. Chynn for my LASEK and it changed my life! I believe Dr. Chynn is a wise and thorough surgeon. He is not only trained by the best ophthalmology programs in the country but also an MBA grad from NYU. I believe his practice is so successful because of his positive surgical results and his business and marketing training. Kudos to him and his amazing staff...Dr. Chynn is always training his staff and is a true mentor. His practice is a teaching facility and the largest refractive fellowship in NYC. Several of his staff have left to work with other practices and hospitals but return to work at Park Avenue LASEK because they were bored else where. Thank you for my perfect eyes Dr. Chynn! I wish you and your friendly staff all the success possible!

|  Dr. Chynn is the best eye doctor in NYC!!!!  |  show details
by Star2012 at Citysearch on Mar 6th, 2012 on citysearch.com

|  AVOID!  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Chynn's medical background is great, but his bedside manner and that of his staff (with Dr. Puri and a couple others being exceptions) is horrendous. In particular, his front office staff is rude, aggressive, and unaccomodating. They will hound you into making your payment in full starting with your very first visit and, after you do, you will get very little cooperation from his staff. So, if you prefer to see a certain Dr. during your post-op visits, or need a copy of your medical records for whatever reason, you will be stonewalled into submission. Moreover, if you are one of the unlucky few who do develop complications from this procedure (e.g. chronic severe dry eye syndrome, excessive halos and starbursts in the dark making driving difficult, infection, etc.), God help you if you received surgery at Chynn's office. The front office will not help you at all and they will certainly not let you see any of the doctors. Moreover, the friend who referred me was never compensated.

|  Great experience with LASEK  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

This was a great place to get LASEK done. I had it in Dec 2011 and I see 20/20 with no side effects. They answered all my questions, helped me with medications by giving some samples, and even gave me an MD's cell # to call while I was recovering in case anything came up. They are incredibly knowledgeable and detail oriented and have done hundreds and hundreds of LASEK patients with great outcomes. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a practical, permanent solution to bad vision. Thanks to my LASEK I can now see perfectly, am eligible to work in law enforcement, and no longer have to worry about losing a contact lens in the middle of a martial arts class.

|  I can see without glasses (even without reading glasses)  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Dr. Chynn told me about 'monovision' where I only had one eye operated on. This cost me 50% less (and he earned 50% less). But by leaving one eye near sighted and one perfect 20/15 - I don't need any glasses including no reading glasses. No other surgeons I visited even told me about this. If he were greedy, he would not have done this for me because he could have earned 2x the money.

|  I would do it again  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

I had my laser surgery in Jan 2011 and I am happy with the results. Once I committed to the surgery I had a few visits for testing and after the surgery I had about 4 follow ups. I really didn't understand what the difference between his LASEK version and LASIK. Dr Chynn basically removes the Epithial tissue and then zaps you instead of cutting a flap zapping you and then replacing the flap which is done in LASIK. To me it seems like LASEK is exactly the same thing as PRK. The disadvantage of LASEK was that I could not hardly see at all for a couple of days because the tissue needs time to grow back. It took like 3 months of gradual improvement until I saw the full results. The advantage of LASEK is you don't risk having flap implications down the road because there is no flap cut into the cornea. The entire procedure is completely painless but I felt some burning the day after. I see well, about the same as I did with glasses. I think the LASEK procedure is a no brainer and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It seems Dr Chynn has the procedure down to a science. Once you agree on a price there were no extra fees besides the four prescriptions you will need to get filled. I had a fairly severe prescription around 8.2 and I can see fine without any glasses. I was told I see 20/20 although I don't feel my eyes were tested enough to know for sure. The Doctors gauge your vision by how well you can read the letters on the wall during the follow up visits.

|  Best LASEK Surgeon in NYC!  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

I stumbled on this office, when I wasn't educated about the difference of any laser treatments. I thought LASEK, LASIK, PRK.... is all the same thing. It is not ! Although Park Avenue LASEK has been my first stop, it was also my final. Upon in query I have met with very knowledgeable MDs at this office, and the staff told me about their personal experiences having done the LASEK. I even met the surgeon Dr. Emil Chynn, and had a chat with him. Turns out hes a real nice guy, an extreme perfectionist too. I liked the calm aura of his office space and the professionalism of the OR and testing rooms. It was quite shocking to me though how anyone can spend 20 years studying in college. He has finished Harvard, Columbia, NYU, and Dartmouth... Experience and knowledge are the most important aspects to me when choosing a doctor. I defiantly got my values worth and a year post LASEK I see perfect! The website has a lot of valuable information (http://www.parkavenuelasek.com/#515 ) , I very much recommend Dr. Chynn to be your LASEK surgeon .

|  seeing 20/20  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

Overall, a good experience. Dr. Puri, one of the fellows/drs there is great. See did my free consultation. I checked out reviews for several places, reading both good and bad reviews, and ended up choosing Park Ave., mainly, because three of my wife's co-workers went here and reported a pos. experience. I was wary about going due to some of the neg. reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. Dr. Chynn was polite, caring, and respectful. He was also good to his staff and I think Liz has been there for a while, which shows that his staff like working for him. In regards to the comment about it being unethical to post positive reviews, for some reason, I don't see it that way. If I had a good experience, I am going to post about it and if you want to pay me for it great! Yes, eye surgery is a health profession,but it is also a business. In the event that I had a crappy experience here, I would definitely post it and say so. I like that they do offer incentives, such as writing about your experience on here.

|  NO CUTTING! - NO FLAP! THE ONLY PLACE TO GET LASEK!  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2011

20/15 vision after 2 weeks!!! First of all, let me say that people who say that Dr.Chynn is rude or a jerk aren't paying attention to the right things, in fact they're missing the point entirely! This is a place to get the safest, best, most technologically sound eye surgery in NYC, not a place where the surgeon holds your hand and tells you how awesome you are and then cuts a flap in your cornea and screws up your night vision for life! Dr. Chynn doesn't mess around and waste time with making people FEEL good, he makes them SEE PERFECTLY. My surgery was 3 months ago and I see better than I ever did in my contacts. So what if he corrects his staff in front of patients and doesn't spend time on small talk? He's the BEST surgeon doing the BEST surgery for your eyes. Get love from your hairdresser, get perfect vision from Dr.Chynn.

|  Great LASEK Consult  |  show details
by tlee11238 at Citysearch on Jul 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I went in to see Dr. Chynn the other day for a LASEK consultation after hearing that it is a safer procedure than LASIK because cutting a corneal flap is not required. He explained the benefits of LASEK to me patiently and knowledgeably, and I have decided to go with Park Avenue LASEK for my laser corrective surgery. The staff is comprised entirely of MD`s, and I felt comfortable about the thoroughness and accuracy of my preliminary tests. I also decided to go with Dr. Chynn because he has a reputation for being the best LASEK surgeon in the area, and is the only doctor to perform the safer LASEK in New York. Liz and Shardai at the front desk were also very warm and inviting, and I can`t wait to get my surgery done, which will be in about 5 weeks!

|  Park Avenue LASEK - - BEST VISION EVER!  |  show details
by JQueenie at Citysearch on Jul 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I recommend Park Avenue LASEK to everyone in glasses and contacts, in fact I`ve insisted that my boyfriend see Dr. Chynn for his consultation for surgery next week! I was lucky enough that my surgery was a seminar open to the public Park Avenue LASEK is the only center in New York that does that every month! You can check their schedule on the website parkavenuelasek for the next one coming up. At first I thought it was a little strange, but then I realized it`s so people can learn about why LASEK is so much safer than the corneal cutting LASIK procedure in a low-pressure, educational environment. My surgery was fast and easy! It took only seconds per eye, they even give you valium and laughing gas in the operating room! and for recovery I basically just relaxed all weekend and was able to return to work on Monday!While Park Avenue LASEK may seem hectic at times, let me promise any potential patients that it`s only because Dr. Chynn has the largest MD fellowship in New York and all the doctors and the rest of the PAL staff are there to help you get to your best vision without glasses or contacts. I couldnt be happier with my new eyes! Better than 2020!

|  I can seeeeeeee!  |  show details
by khanif at Citysearch on Jun 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

I CAN SEEEEEEEEE!!!!It`s just a few days after my LASEK surgery and I feel great! The hardest part of my day so far is fighting against my reflex of grabbing my glasses first thing in the morning. The procedure was not painful at all. In fact, I find those glaucoma-pressure checks at the regular eye doc`s visit to be more painful and annoying...but I digress. The MDs requested me to bring my own music, which I didn`t but they played some of their own stuff which was relaxing. Overall, it all went smoothly - thank God! I just wished I had a chance to powder my nose a bit for the facebook pic with Dr. Chynn afterwards

|  The BEST and SAFEST for your vision  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

Dr Chynn is a perfectionist by personality, and that's how he approaches his craft. Luckily for anyone looking for Laser EYE Surgery, he applies this same mantra while performing procedures. He will not compromise your vision, and neither should you. He uses the most advanced techniques and most state of the art equipment. He HAS performed more non cutting procedures than ALL other Laser Centers COMBINED in NYC. Don't ask me about him yelling at his staff for missing a step. Ask me how his microscopic attention to detail has granted me BETTER than 20/20 vision. His personality is complimented well by the GREAT nature of his staff. They will make sure your LASEK experience is what you expect and deserve. They've all had the procedure done (or they are scheduled to)so they speak to you from a patient point of view. They don't hide anything, and fully inform their patients about the details of the procedure. Some people don't appreciate that openness and transparency. Some people want to just get FLAP AND ZAPPED. That's fine. Go elsewhere if you want to compromise your vision (and have your eyes worked on by a "nice guy"). Go to Park Avenue LASEK if you want the job done RIGHT!!!

|  Look elsewhere  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

Scheduled appointment with Dr Chynn and was passed off to his assistants. i will be using dr delarusso because i didnt feel as if i got treated proper for the time i sat and waited.

|  Liar, Rude, Foul Mouthed Napolean Complex  |  show details
by Paybacksabitch on Mar 18th, 2011

This man, because he is nowhere near a DOCTOR is the rudest, most dishonest person I have ever encountered. Please do not go to him.

|  Complete Jerk and Liar  |  show details
by King of Brooklyn on Mar 5th, 2011

My eyes are worse than when I orginally got the operation. He a complete Jerk, his staff is incompentant and turnsover every few months. He's running a scam on paying people for referrals. I never received mine. Beware of this clown.

|  Want 20-20  |  show details
by T Cuddahe on Mar 5th, 2011

From an actual patient - 8 years ago - I had the procedure and my vision is still 20-20. No complications, problems. Just had my follow-up a couple of weeks ago!

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Off Bleecker on Feb 14th, 2011

I had an appointment with Dr. Chynnn last week and both he and his office staff took very good care of me. I highly recommend Park Ave Lasik!

|  Dr. Chynn is the Best  |  show details
by LASEK 100 on Dec 1st, 2010

The staff is very polite and professional. Anyone who helps people improve their lives by living without glasses and contacts would be considered a decent person. You are required to go back at least 6 times to make sure you are properly taking your medications and doing well after your surgery. What that does is speak for itself. It shows they care about you after the surgery and not just send you on your merry way. How can you complain about a LASEK surgery you received that was 10 times safer than the obsolete Lasik procedure which is much more risky. Dr. Chynn is a very decent person. He helps people every single day live a better life without the need for glasses or contacts. I've personally had laser surgery in his office and he treats people with dignity and respect. There are far more important things in this world than to blatantly attempt to taint someone's reputation who does positive things for people every single day. The live seminars are awesome. Free food, a chance to watch someone enhance their live without the need for glasses and contacts. The jealous author must be confusing him with someone else. I mean, wake up and smell the roses, he's a decent person who improves the quality of other people's lives.

|  Manhattans Safest Center!!  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

When I first decided I wanted corrective Laser Eye Surgery, my biggest concern was SAFETY! When I heard that Park Avenue Laser was the only 100% no-cut practice in NYC, I was immediately drawn to it; and am so glad I chose it. Nobody has as much experience in bladeless Lasek surgery or has a better medical background. When I visited the Office, Dr's Puri and Almeida were extremely kind and patient and I left my first visit with total confidence that I was ready to change my eyesight forever- Now I see 20/15 and could not be happier!

Sep 15th, 2010

Dr.Chynn is a very unethical and unprofessional medical doctor who should be barred from practicing medicine. He offered me money for writing good testimonials. He absolutely lacks morals and is an insult to hypocritic oath. He bribes patients to post good testimonials about him. He is very nasty and has absolutely no bed side manners. He is very good at advertising and marketing though, he knows how to sell himself and his credentials very well. I fell for his credentials and accepted him to do my surgery. Through out the surgery and after that I was so scared to approach this person. It left me in humiliation despite paying so much. He was very rude to me in post-op period. This makes me wonder how this rogue doctor has never been reported to New York medical council for his unethical practices. AVOID THIS PLACE AND THIS HIGHLY EDUCATED BUT ILL-MANNERED PERSON WHO CAN LEAVE YOU IN HUMILIATION!He gets his clients thru his trainee FELLOWS IN HIS OFFICE WHO ARE GREAT AND VERY WELL-MANNERED COMPARED TO THIS CROOK!

|  High Rx LASEK  |  show details
by Legion X on Aug 11th, 2010

I had a VERY high prescription of -10, and most Laser centers weren't able to perform surgery on me because I have thin Corneas too! Luckily for me, Park Ave Lasek was able to correct my vision with it's contemporary no-cut technology! Dr. Chynn is a genius who used tough love on me to make sure that I clearly understood the entire process and all of my medications.The staff, all patients themselves, were all able to give me excellent advice and answer all of my questions! I recommend Park Ave Laser to anyone serious about having only the best!-- Legion X

Aug 10th, 2010

I came here for vision correction more than a year ago and I have found that the staff was responsive, and answered my questions and concerns. The front staff was able to resolve issues that I had, and was courteous. I am here for a follow up and recommended Dr. Chynn's office to correct their vision to all my friends. Dr Almeida and Puri are the most knowledgable fellows I know!Peace out, Marisa

|  Better than 20/20!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2010

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff where most staff were lasered unlike other centered!Was better than 20/20 in less than two weeks! I shopped at other facilities where technicians saw me but here all of the staff testing me were MD's and they were very patient and even gave me their personal numbers for questions! Definitely better than have my eyes cut somewhere else, Lasek is the way to go!

|  My Successful LASEK Surgery  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 4th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I decided that I needed LASEK does not cut a flap because I was a -3.00 and -4.00 with moderate astigmatism, and did not want LASIK becaus...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Worst doctor ever!!! Does many illegal things!!!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2010

He is a liar and a cheat. He says he has no lawsuits against him, but he has several pending from patients and staff. One of his previous staff members is sueing him for sexual harrasement!!!

|  The ONLY center in nyc that won't cut a flap in your eye  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 9th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I went to several centers for LASIK, but didn't understand that there is a newer, safer procedure called LASEK that Dr. Chynn specializes in, whe ...

|  My Experience  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2010

Just to let everyone know, people who post postitive responses get paid to do so (including posting a video of the procedure)! They get couple hundred for doing so. The ethics of this place are horrible, as well as staff/ friendliness. I never would suggest going here unless high pressure sales is your thing (could not imagine it would be when shopping for your eyes). I don't care where Dr. Chynn went to school, I trust someone less when they have NO moral or ethical values.... to me this type of person is most dangerous of them all. I would not go here!!!

|  My experience  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 8th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

The woman Jade at the front desk is rude and unpleasant. Dr. Chynn is a money hungry man who is all about selling. This place radiates poor ethics and ...

|  Special Promotion for Dr. Emil Chynn  |  show details
by Anonymous on Feb 18th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

-- Special Promotion for Dr. Emil Chynn -- We're currently offering promotional gift certificates for LASEK laser eye surgery with Dr. Emil Chyn ...

|  No Glasses for Distance or Reading  |  show details
by JayType on Feb 6th, 2010

I am a couple of months past my operation at Park Avenue. I went to have both distance and reading improved. I can drive, both day and night, my vision is 20/15. I can read most of the time without reading glasses. Only late at night when my eyes are tired do I use cheap 4 dollar reading glasses. Dr. Chynn and his Fellows tell me that will keep improving. LASEK is more expensive than LASIK, but these are your EYES, you can't even correct for reading with LASIK.