Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Yes! show details Yes!
by Joe on Jun 22nd, 2016

I got my eyes done in early jan of 2016, and it is the best thing I have ever done. My vision is 20/10 all the time, when it was 20/50 before and way worse at night. If you follow the pre and post op instructions religiously and understand that this procedure takes time to heal you will love these results. I am beyond happy.

Lasek - The best decision I ever made show details Lasek - The best decision I ever made
Feb 22nd, 2016

You will want to know that my procedure with Dr Chynn is one of the best decisions of my life. I am 69 years old and had reservations about whether someone my age should undergo the LASEK procedure or any type of laser vision correction. Before my LASEK, I had to use two different sets of glasses all day long [my prescription reading pair glasses also had a 10% band across the top of the lens for short- distance vision ]. The 2nd pair was for distance vision]. Since having the LASEK procedure, I do not need any glasses at all! It is an invaluable difference for daily living, even mystifying, to now be able to read the smallest print like I could 30 years ago. I am proof that age is not an issue for Lasek. I was quite scared before my procedure and definitely didn't want a cutting procedure like LASIK especially as I was afraid of having issues with dry eyes after the procedure because of my age. Because there is no flap cut in LASEK, it doesn't cause dry eye problems. Dr. Chynn responds to your email concerns, questions before the end of each day. I was fortunate to meet him at a function for Dartmouth alums over 20 years ago, and I learned that he has four other degrees as well, Harvard, Columbia, Emory and NYU so his education and training are second to none! If you are contemplating the Lasek procedure with Dr. Chynn, you cannot go wrong. He is the most responsive Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and his dedication to making his patients comfortable and happy is truly remarkable. PS - My wife says I am a fuss budget about my health and maybe she is right! Dr. Chynn and his staff had to endure many follow up visits and phone calls and email queries from me. At no time did anyone express exasperation dealing with my concerns, which is another positive for Dr. Chynn’s operation. Overall, I urge anyone who thought they were too old to lose the glasses/didn't think LASEK could fix reading issues/afraid of cutting procedure/afraid of dry eyes to give Dr Chynn a call. They'll even show you how you will see for both distance and near after the procedure.

Feb 21st, 2016

I think this is a horrible place where the doctor lacks compassion on all levels. I feel sorry for his demoralize staff!

by Welkin Z on Jan 20th, 2016

After the initial consultation and a few extra exams the doctor recommended me to do to make sure I am truly a good candidate for Lasek, I was scheduled for the procedure. The procedure itself went really quickly (maybe 10 minutes) and I was out of the doctor's office in about three hours including the waiting time. By my 1st post-op visit, which was one week from the procedure day, I was already very happy about the result. I can still feel subtle improvements in my vision every couple days and I am now roughly 20/30 and 20/40 with better vision still to come (since Lasek requires longer recovery time than Lasik but in exchange there are major benefits such as better final vision and better night vision). I had a very high prescription so this was the results the doctor told me that we could probably achieve during the consultation. I would be close to or past the upper limit which is safe for LASIK to treat, but well within LASEK parameters, which is one reason Dr. Chynn switched from performing the older cutting LASIK to the newer noncutting LASEK in 2003. Overall, I am really grateful that I can now see very well without glasses and Dr. Chynn and his staffs are absolutely fantastic!

Don't trust! Ask about fees and procedures up front! show details Don't trust! Ask about fees and procedures up front!
Jan 10th, 2016

I have serious doubts about trusting Park Avenue LASEK after a recent office meeting. This place seems to be a lot of hype and promises, but delivering disappointment. I agree with the negative reviews on YELP, this office is out for your money with a non-refundable 2nd opinion/appointment reservation fee of $500. An extra $300 if you want PreVue Lens. Miscommunications regarding procedure, scheduling, and fees abound. I asked about discounts and the 20/15 guarantee in 2015 - totally ignored. $3500 for one eye, $7000 for two eyes - way overpriced. I heard many patients voice their disappointment about their surgery at this office. LASEK is similar to PRK, you're probably better off going elsewhere and getting epi-LASIK by a more competent office. Don't believe me, simply sit in the waiting room office for an hour.

Dec 17th, 2015

My experience with Dr. Chynn was excellent. He answered all of my questions and provided me with additional resources and assistance to accommodate my medical situation. He was always available, quick to respond to my inquiries and seemed to honestly care about what I was going through. Overall, I consider him an exceptional medical professional with extensive knowledge, essential experience and a strong commitment to help people get the information and treatment they need.

excellent experience at the Park Avenue LASEK Center show details excellent experience at the Park Avenue LASEK Center
by Eleine Di on Oct 21st, 2015

I found Mr. Chynn through a very precise process of looking for the right eye doctor and surgeon who performs extreme cases that no other surgeon in US can do. I flew all the way to nyc to have dr Chynn fix my eyes because no doctor in my country Albania nor the neighboring countries of Hungary or Romania had any experience fixing someone like me with extreme hyperopia and extreme astigmatism I also consulted by email with doctors in Germany and France and they also said I was past parameters for lasik I found dr Chynn because he is the most famous LASEK surgeon in the world. He told me by email he's fixed hundreds of cases like mine. His fellow doctor working for him confirmed this when I called that a case like mine would be even "routine" at Park Avenue LASEK, and that she, too, doubted such extreme prescriptions could be corrected when she started there (having run the largest lasik center in kiev for 6 years beforehand), but now she, too, thinks of cases like mine as "no big deal" in dr Chynn's hands! If you want a "nice" doctor who is an average surgeon who went to average schools and can treat average cares, go to your local doctor. If nobody locally can help you, and you want the best in the world, go to dr Chynn. He is performing miracles every day. When I met Dr, Chynn for my surgery appointment, Dr. Chynn was very methodical and professional which characteristics are the correct personality characteristics someone should seek in a surgeon. Now I can see 20/20 and more better than before when wearing contacts or glasses and all is that accomplished due to and thankfully to Mr. Chynn.

Awesome customer care show details Awesome customer care
by Famida. R on Apr 20th, 2015

I've been thinking about LASEK for a while now so I finally took the free consultation with PAL. I must say the staff at PAL are very polite, knowledgable, helpful and professional. My eye doctor told me that I was not a candidate for laser so you should always check with the specialist first to see if you are qualified. I must also add that Mark has excellent customer care skills. So far I'm very please with everything and I would recommend PAL to anyone who is interested in laser eye surgery.

Amazing DR. Visit show details Amazing DR. Visit
Apr 6th, 2015

Went to Park ave Lasek for an eye exam. Had a great experience, staff was very friendly and professional. Dr Chynn was excellent. I was hesitant of getting LASIK but after a consultation and finding out about newer safer 100% non cutting LASEK I was comfortable getting LASEK. I am now two weeks after surgery and already seeing better than 20/20 which is amazing. I had a negative 11 prescription pre op and was actually told in my lens crafters no laser could help. Don't believe your glasses provider, they just want to keep you in them. Highly recommend dr Chynn. He truly is a miracle worker

LASEK review show details LASEK review
by Dennis Law on Mar 13th, 2015

I went to see Dr Chynn and his team to see if I would be a good candidate for LASEK(not LASIK) that he performs. I'm a statistician by trade and am extremely pre-occupied by stats and risk benefit ratios. After seeing some negative reviews on some sites, I feel compelled to give my viewpoint after going through the entire process. All the negative reviews are from ppl who didn't proceed with their LASEK so they are, to coin a statistical term, "self selecting" as negative reviewers. To be honest, I was a little wary and intimidated at my consultation to. Dr Chynn is a total perfectionist and expects an extremely high level of knowledge from his staff. His education can actually be quite intimidating and it was only after I decided to proceed and got to know Dr C and the team better that I started to feel more at home. dr Chynn goes out of his way to make sure all your concerns are addressed by him personally. He then gives you his cell number to text him if anything comes up. After visiting 5 different centers for consults I can safely say he is the only surgeon that was willing to do it! Even though the non-cutting LASEK is slightly more expensive, Dr Chynn's education(Harvard, Columbia, Dartmouth, Emory, NYU) and the safety of the procedure made it a no-brainer for me to do LASEK with Dr Chynn. He even helped invent the technique at Harvard! I'm now ten days after my surgery and just had my first post-op visit. I'm already seeing 20/20 which is absolutely insane! I was a -8.75 to begin with and literally couldn't see anything without my glasses. The only thing I would change about my experience is that I would have done it 10 years sooner if I knew this option was available.

Dr. Chynn will change your life!!! show details Dr. Chynn will change your life!!!
Jan 17th, 2015

I am a college student and am about three weeks post-op. Having worn glasses/contacts since elementary school, it is absolutely incredible to be able to see clearly without them. And knowing that my vision is improving by each passing day, Dr. Chynn told me that I will be seeing 20/20 (if not better) by the end of the month! I was legally blind with an extreme myopic prescription of -11.00, so this surgery has truly changed my life. I have done a lot of research and visited other laser vision surgeons and chose Dr. Chynn over everyone because he learned from the best and created the safer-than-LASIK LASEK himself! Dr. Chynn also had LASIK done years ago and still experiences dry eyes. However, according to the reviews here and himself, there are no complications such as dry eyes after LASEK as long as you strictly follow the post-op recovery directions Additionally, the staff is very informative and definitely know what they’re doing. They addressed all my doubts and worries professionally and I left with complete trust in them. If you don’t believe me, go in for a free consultation yourself! Do yourself a favor by waking up without blindly reaching for your glasses or not going through the hassle of putting on your contacts and keeping them in.

Oct 24th, 2014

very professional. serious. clean environment.

Free Consultation show details Free Consultation
by Helena S. on Jul 24th, 2014

I went in for a free consultation and Dr. Chynn and his staff are very professional and friendly. They thoroughly explained the LASEK procedure and even invited me to watch the surgery live. They are very confident of their work and I am convinced enough to go through the workups to get the procedure done ASAP! They addressed all of my questions and fears and I learned that it is much safer than LASIK. I feel very educated about what I'm going to have done, which is awesome because doctors don't usually explain things in detail for patients to understand. I was especially concerned because I have a prescription of -10.0 for my right eye and -8.5 for my left and thought the numbers were too high to correct. But then I learned that Dr. Chynn corrected the highest prescription in the world of -22.0 through laser vision correction. I was SO relieved to hear that! His staff also assured me that there are no complications whatsoever that go on during the operation. And Dr. C is so confident that he has the only glass-walled operating room in the world (it's pretty neat once you see it in person)!!! It's also amazing how he's the only person in New York who performs the safer LASEK than LASIK--shows that he truly cares for the people! On top of that, he graduated from Harvard Medical school! What more assurance than you need than to know that your doctor graduated from the top med school in the U.S.? He's awesome!!!

Free Consultation show details Free Consultation
by Helena on Jul 2nd, 2014

I went in for a free consultation and Dr. Chynn and his staff are very professional and friendly. They thoroughly explained the LASEK procedure and even invited me to watch the surgery live. They are very confident of their work and I am convinced enough to go through the workups to get the procedure done ASAP! They addressed all of my questions and fears and I learned that it is much safer than LASIK. I feel very educated about what I'm gonna have done, which is awesome because doctors don't usually explain things in detail for patients to understand. There is also complimentary water/tea/coffee and the HONY book (which I've been dying to look at) in the waiting area! :D

my visit with Dr Chynn show details my visit with Dr Chynn
by Nathalie A on Apr 12th, 2013

I came in this morning to meet with Dr Chynn. He has a great reputation and wanted to speak to him about my condition. I am very sensitive about my situation because I can go blind at anytime. He has been very helpful and understanding. His staff is great and I felt very welcomed. Dr Chynn explained in detail the condition of my left eye and immediatly took action to correct it. I recommend this office to anyone. And as scary as it was for me, I ended up feeling much better after my consultation.

Who else would you trust with your eyes? show details Who else would you trust with your eyes?
by Gerald J. on Feb 14th, 2013

First and foremost, I just want to let it be known I wouldn't trust anyone except Dr. Chynn with my eyes. Yes, things like his education and experience and awards can be read about but there are certain aspects of him that you just have to experience to understand. Dr. Chynn is extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, and a pioneer in his field (of LASEK and his patented SafeSight technique.) I will reiterate, I would not trust anyone except Dr. Chynn with the fate of my eyes and my vision. He got me seeing 20/20, and the procedure, medications, and treatment was tailored to my personal prescription. Through is guidance and understanding, I was able to achieve high definition treatment and high definition vision that is so much sharper than I can ever remember seeing. Yes yes, Dr. Chynn is blunt and yes he tells it like it is, but when it comes to my eyes and my health I don't want a sugar coating. I want to know what's best for how, how I go about accomplishing it, and whether or not I am taking the necessary steps to do so. He is intelligent, thorough, and through it all caring.

Mr show details Mr
by M.Z. on Feb 12th, 2013

La Verdad no tengo palabras para aradecer a Dr Chynn y su increible staff por todo lo que han hecho por mi,.. mi prescripcion era tan elevada que fui rechazada en muchos lugares, cuando pense que mi vision no tenia ninguna solucion , encontre un aviso en internet sobre este lugra y como trataban pacientes con muy elevada prescripcion y tome la decision de vennir, nunca mejor tomada, ahora puedo realmente apreciar las cosas sin teneer que gastar tanta plata en lentes de contacto y sin tener que lidiar con mis lentes, y mucho mas que eso mi vision es mejor,, asi que eternamente agradecido a Dr Chynn y su staff por todo..mi vision fue mucho peor que 20/30 antes de la cirugia y ahora puedo ver 20/20.

Mejor imposible show details Mejor imposible
by Alberto Gomez on Feb 12th, 2013

Hola, mi nombre es Alberto y queria agradecerle de todo corazon a Dr Chynn y su staff porque han tratado mi problema visual de la mejor manera posible! Mi prescripcion era muy alta (alrededor de -10.00) y ya estaba cansado de hacer consultas por diferentes centros obteniendo la misma respuesta, tu no eres buen candidato para una cirugia refractiva, la unica solucion que te queda es colocar una lente dentro del ojo, cosa que me aterrorizaba, hasta que fui a dar con Dr Chynn el cual me hizo multiples estudios para asegurarme que podia recibir cirugia, la cual tuve hace poco mas de 2 meses y que fue todo un exito, ya que hoy estoy disfrutando viajar y hacer todo tipo de deportes al aire libre sin tener que estar pendiente de mis gafas!! Muchas gracias!!!

LASEK surgery show details LASEK surgery
by James Purriganan on Feb 12th, 2013

After finding out that I was not an eligible candidate for the cornea-cutting LASIK surgery, I decided to weigh my options to deal with my -11 prescription in both eyes. Living in Florida, I decided to come to new york city and meet with Dr. Chynn to discuss the non cornea-cutting LASEK procedure after hearing about the surgery who flew in all the way from Dubai for his surgery. I thought Dr. Chynn was kidding when he told me he could treat my prescription. Just two months out of surgery, I was seeing 20/20, compared to my 20/25 vision I had with glasses. Now four months out of surgery, I cant believe that Im seeing 20/15. My vision is beyond perfection, and needless to say the surgery was worth every penny. The best part about the entire process was, Dr. Chynn had an answer to every medical question I asked him. Having met four other laser eye surgery specialists, not one of them knew nearly as much about the surgery process and how to deal with the aftermath of the procedure.

Great Pratice show details Great Pratice
by Dwayne D on Feb 7th, 2013

The staff at Park Avenue Lasek are very friendly. Dr emil chynn was very patient with me and let me know everything i needed to know prior to receiving the procedure. I have my surgery coming up in 2 weeks and i absolutely can't wait. Looking forward to seeing out of my own two eyes clearly.

Can't recommend show details Can't recommend
Oct 13th, 2012

I had the epi-LASEK procedure done about 1 year ago. The recuperation time was much more involved than initially explained, but sometimes that can happen, I understand. My vision ultimately came up to about 20/30. They offered a re-vision, which I did, and this added a new recuperation phase that was shorter but still frustrating. My biggest issue with the practice is that they make no bones whatsoever in their desire to make money. Everything is absolutely geared to getting you to sign on the line, and move ahead with the procedure. (They even ask you to bring in a family member or friend who "wears glasses" to hold your hand during the procedure. ) Thereafter you will never hear a word from Dr. Chynn again. He has several foreign "fellows" that basically do all the scut work for him. On the day of the procedure, he walks in, turns on the laser, zaps your eyes, and leaves. He frequently has arguments with his team in front of you, calling them names, cursing, and it is always about why they missed an opportunity to get more money out of you somehow. He also constantly beats you on the head with his credentials, IVy league this and that, which on first hearing sound impressive, but on the 9th hearing makes me wonder how he got passed the interview process at these schools. He may be technically good, but he is no better than many in the city, and his weirdness and mercenary personality is just terribly off-putting.

So Far So Good. show details So Far So Good.
Sep 12th, 2012

I have begun my journey to LASEK and I am extremely excited about it. After a number of recommendations and witnessing a few success stories first hand, I have decided to put my eyes in the hands of Park Avenue Lasek. Aside from just being the same practice that a number of my colleagues have attended, they are the only practice in NYC that does the LASEK surgery without any cutting! This is what makes LASEK different from LASIK. This SafeSight non-invasive approach is 10 times safer and knowing the technology is out there and available, why would you choose anything different, right? After my colleagues success story I immediately scheduled my consultation, luckily its free. The Doctor answered all of my questions and concerns with ease. The quality of this procedure is different than any other in New York City. I was even able to witness a LASEK procedure when I was in the office. It was so quick and to see the patient walk out with a big smile on their face convinced me it was time to make the commitment! One large hesitation I had before committing to the procedure were the financials of the procedure. Park Ave Lasek had an agreement with my company, as they do with a larger number of NYC businesses., to save me a good chunk of money. Also they offer a number of different ways to make this affordable for a variety of budgets. In my opinion this is a great value for the quality and attention you and your eyes receive at Park Avenue Lasek!

Jun 14th, 2012

Although I am not a regular reviewer, the uniqueness of Park Avenue LASEK has prompted me to write here. I went with a friend who was considering getting rid of her glasses. It is when I realized that LASEK is not the same as LASIK This is the only center in NY that exclusively performs only LASEK! When I first walked in, it was comforting to find that the atmosphere is nowhere close to a doctor's office(although it does get busy at times) the office staff will actually talk to you rather than stick a bunch of papers to fill in. They will walk you through the process and in my friends case, she was already informed about it on the phone. Once done with the formalities, they give a lot of stuff to read and force you to ask questions! Unlike your regular doctor. The free consultation itself was about 30 mins long! And it wasnt even the actual testing! (And my friend tells me the actual testing is even more detailed thorough lasting over an hour) Imagine an MD spending so much time with you! They painstakingly explain everything and even answered my questions! in general the office seems more interested in educating you about your vision. Discussing the price seemed to be the last thing on everyone's mind only after they have answered all your queries. The office also provides the price sheet upfront and the MDs discuss all the different gold/silver/ platinum packages and will suggest the best ( gold in case of my friend) rather than the most expensive (diamond i think) package. We also got to meet The surgeon Dr Chynn, who comes across as Mr Miyagi from the karate kid constantly supervising keeping all the staff and the MDs on the edge, lest they become complacent. He also explained that other centers that do bladeless surgery still cut a flap with a laser unlike park avenue Lasek that doesnt cut a flap at all. he too made sure that we understood the merits of LASEK over LASIK. He did not get offended when I asked him why he charges more and he patiently explained that unlike other centers, he uses the VISX(?) laser which charges a royalty for every procedure and also all the patients are seen by MDs. It would not be possible to provide such a high level of care if they gave out coupons. He joked if if I ever needed surgery, would I go to the best surgeon or the cheapest one. Quality indeed comes at a price and it doesn't hurt to shell a little extra. Plus they also had financing plans.I could not accompany my friend for the surgery but from her mood she certainly seemed elated as she had gone from being twice legally blind to being legal to drive just after her procedure. I revisited the center with my friend for her one week post- op and was pleasantly surprised that everyone remembered me even though I was just accompanying her.Although I myself don't need surgery, I highly recommend this place if you do not want to get your eyeballs sliced for a life time. The little premium is absolutely worth for the extra care and personal touch that Dr Chynn provides for a once in a lifetime procedure. The website www.parkavenueLASEK.com is also very helpful or you could just call them on 212-741-8628.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Emil Chynns office at 102 East 25th Street was superior in terms of service, helpfulness, and promptness of service. I called to ask for a post-op appointment at Park Avenue LASEK Vision as soon as possible and was given a same day appointment. His lasek procedure is truly unique in that it is flapless and painless! It was the only center I could find in the area that provided this non-invasive service, and after doing my research, I realized that this is the procedure I wanted for fewer complications. Additionally, the possibility of flap complications was eliminated because I dont have a flap to begin with. I felt the cost of the procedure was reasonable, and that the benefit of not having to wear glasses any longer make it the best value I have received!

Very Shady show details Very Shady
Jun 1st, 2012

He is dishonest and exploits people. If I were Harvard, I would ban him from mentioning that he is from there. He only got his undergrad there, and he makes it sound as though he got his medical degree there. The MENSA membership is a sure sign he is extremely insecure. Most surgeons could easily get into MENSA but would understand how silly it is as it's just a subjective way to prove you can pass tests and has nothing to to with your surgical skill, business practices, or personal character. If someone has to tear down competitors, mislead the public, pay for good reviews, and pay to get dates, they might not be all that great. After all, if they were, wouldn't their work and personal attributes speak for themselves?

Best Up Front Patient Education show details Best Up Front Patient Education
by Anonymous on May 24th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I have been investigating laser surgery to correct my vision. My vision has slowly worsened, and it's very difficult for me to enjoy my personal ...

May 14th, 2012

I have begun my journey to LASEK and I am extremely excited about it. After a number of recommendations and witnessing a few success stories first hand, I have decided to put my eyes in the hands of Park Avenue Lasek.Aside from just being the same practice that a number of my colleagues have attended, they are the only practice in NYC that does the LASEK surgery without any cutting! This is what makes LASEK different from LASIK. This SafeSight non-invasive approach is 10 times safer and knowing the technology is out there and available, why would you choose anything different, right? After my colleagues success story I immediately scheduled my consultation, luckily its free. The Doctor answered all of my questions and concerns with ease. The quality of this procedure is different than any other in New York City. I was even able to witness a LASEK procedure when I was in the office. It was so quick and to see the patient walk out with a big smile on their face convinced me it was time to make the commitment!One large hesitation I had before committing to the procedure were the financials of the procedure. Park Ave Lasek had an agreement with my company, as they do with a larger number of NYC businesses., to save me a good chunk of money. Also they offer a number of different ways to make this affordable for a variety of budgets. In my opinion this is a great value for the quality and attention you and your eyes receive at Park Avenue Lasek!Contact info.Park Avenue Lasekwww.parkavenuelasek.com212.741.8628

May 14th, 2012

When I had made the decision to fix my vision, friends had referred me to both LASIK and LASEK surgery. My first consultation was with a well known LASIK surgeon. The consultation went well and I had even put a deposit down for the procedure. However, there was a gut feeling that something was wrong. After a mental overview of the consultation, I felt there was a huge monetary motivation and a sales person had persuaded me with the perfect pitch. I decided to do further research and learn the differences between LASIK, LASEK and PRK and familiarize myself with well-known surgeons in the New York City area. After much research, I retracted my deposit and went for a second consultation at Park Avenue LASEK. The staff was warm and welcoming, even the office itself had a homey feel. I did however find it strange that the OR room was facing the street for pedestrians to observe. This was very strange to me but at the same time comforting to know that Dr. Chynn had absolutely nothing to hide about his practice and every surgery is recorded. My experience at Park Avenue Lasek was welcoming and very thorough. I was given several informational sheets and had the chance to go through a list of my personal questions with both Dr. Puri and Dr. Villarroel. The collective experience of the faculty is astounding and Dr. Chynns extensive educational background in Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Emory and NYU; I felt my eyes would be in good hands. What was more impressive was that between my pre-op visits; the medical team had gone to a conference that was to update the staff on the most innovative procedures and most recent research. This should be common practice for medical professionals but I feel is often neglected. As a registered nurse myself, I personally feel that medical professionals should always be on a quest to enhance their knowledge in their field. My surgery went without any complications and I have been following all the post-op protocols. I like how Park Avenue LASEK has a very standardized protocol; there were several checklists to be met prior to surgery. Even street parking wasnt allowed due to the fact that a companion was mandatory. Punctal plugs were even placed in my ducts to minimize dry eyes. I felt like this place had everything down to a science!! There was however, something administrative that went amiss on my checklist and it was evident that Dr. Chynn was very unhappy about the situation to the point where he took his staff member off to the side to make it a point that it never happens again. My vision was not terrible to begin with, approximately -2.00/-2.25 with a slight astigmatism. Im approximately 5 days post-op; Im still seeing slightly blurry but improving every day. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for my vision to fully correct. I know this is longer than traditional LASIK where the patient can wake up the next morning and everything would be 20/20. However, during my research I have learned that there are far more complications with a corneal flap and since there is no way to precisely measure your vision under the corneal flap; a small percentage of patients have to undergo the procedure again. With Dr. Chynns LASEK procedure, no flap is ever made, a more precise measurement of your vision can be achieved and decreasing the chances of long term complications in exchange for a longer recovery period is absolutely worth it. I would truly recommend Dr. Chynn and his entire staff if you are looking for vision correction!

Apr 20th, 2012

Dr. Chynn is an expert in Lasek vision correction however his staff can use a little help with management. My friend was a patient was Dr. Chynn and now me.

NYC no-cut laser corrective eye surgery show details NYC no-cut laser corrective eye surgery
Apr 18th, 2012

This facility is conveniently located and filled with educated and helpful staff. It is the only place in the area that does the procedure without cutting the eye which is what drew me to them. So excited to be able to see without my glasses!

SO FAR SO GOOD!!!! show details SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!
Apr 16th, 2012

I don't know about every one else but I had a great experience with Dr. Chynn. He handle my eyes with care and seem to know what he was talking about. Yes he is pricey but sometimes you have to spend to get good quality.His staff was really courteous and helpful especially Liz she was very helpful and I appreciated that from her. Overall so far my eyes has been doing great and I am able to see without glasses for the first time.

great place for lasek show details great place for lasek
Mar 18th, 2012

This is a great office for LASEk with great staffs. Especially Dr. Chynn, he is very smart with great humor, he went to 5 Ivy League schools including Harvard and Columbia. I was recommended to Dr. Chynn by my cousin, she had her LASEK done by Dr. Chynn and she is very satisfied with her surgery. I went in for a free consultation with Dr. Chynn on March, the staffs are very knowledgeable. They tell you everything you need to know about the surgery and keep repeating it making sure you understand it to get the best result from your surgery. Dr. Chynns office is the only office that offers non-invasive and non-cutting procedures. No flap is cut into your eye, so you dont have to worry about a flap complication comparing to LASIK. Price is a big issue for me, but the Dr. Chynn great staff worked with me to get it down somewhere close enough that I am willing to pay. They have a lot of great offers, you might actually get $2000 off.

Dr. Chynn is the best doc personally and professionally!!! show details Dr. Chynn is the best doc personally and professionally!!!
Mar 6th, 2012

I went to Dr. Chynn for my LASEK and it changed my life! I believe Dr. Chynn is a wise and thorough surgeon. He is not only trained by the best ophthalmology programs in the country but also an MBA grad from NYU. I believe his practice is so successful because of his positive surgical results and his business and marketing training. Kudos to him and his amazing staff...Dr. Chynn is always training his staff and is a true mentor. His practice is a teaching facility and the largest refractive fellowship in NYC. Several of his staff have left to work with other practices and hospitals but return to work at Park Avenue LASEK because they were bored else where. Thank you for my perfect eyes Dr. Chynn! I wish you and your friendly staff all the success possible!

AVOID! show details AVOID!
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Chynn's medical background is great, but his bedside manner and that of his staff (with Dr. Puri and a couple others being exceptions) is horrendous. In particular, his front office staff is rude, aggressive, and unaccomodating. They will hound you into making your payment in full starting with your very first visit and, after you do, you will get very little cooperation from his staff. So, if you prefer to see a certain Dr. during your post-op visits, or need a copy of your medical records for whatever reason, you will be stonewalled into submission. Moreover, if you are one of the unlucky few who do develop complications from this procedure (e.g. chronic severe dry eye syndrome, excessive halos and starbursts in the dark making driving difficult, infection, etc.), God help you if you received surgery at Chynn's office. The front office will not help you at all and they will certainly not let you see any of the doctors. Moreover, the friend who referred me was never compensated.

I can see without glasses (even without reading glasses) show details I can see without glasses (even without reading glasses)
Jan 27th, 2012

Dr. Chynn told me about 'monovision' where I only had one eye operated on. This cost me 50% less (and he earned 50% less). But by leaving one eye near sighted and one perfect 20/15 - I don't need any glasses including no reading glasses. No other surgeons I visited even told me about this. If he were greedy, he would not have done this for me because he could have earned 2x the money.

seeing 20/20 show details seeing 20/20
Aug 11th, 2011

Overall, a good experience. Dr. Puri, one of the fellows/drs there is great. See did my free consultation. I checked out reviews for several places, reading both good and bad reviews, and ended up choosing Park Ave., mainly, because three of my wife's co-workers went here and reported a pos. experience. I was wary about going due to some of the neg. reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. Dr. Chynn was polite, caring, and respectful. He was also good to his staff and I think Liz has been there for a while, which shows that his staff like working for him. In regards to the comment about it being unethical to post positive reviews, for some reason, I don't see it that way. If I had a good experience, I am going to post about it and if you want to pay me for it great! Yes, eye surgery is a health profession,but it is also a business. In the event that I had a crappy experience here, I would definitely post it and say so. I like that they do offer incentives, such as writing about your experience on here.

NO CUTTING! - NO FLAP! THE ONLY PLACE TO GET LASEK! show details NO CUTTING! - NO FLAP! THE ONLY PLACE TO GET LASEK!
Jul 17th, 2011

20/15 vision after 2 weeks!!! First of all, let me say that people who say that Dr.Chynn is rude or a jerk aren't paying attention to the right things, in fact they're missing the point entirely! This is a place to get the safest, best, most technologically sound eye surgery in NYC, not a place where the surgeon holds your hand and tells you how awesome you are and then cuts a flap in your cornea and screws up your night vision for life! Dr. Chynn doesn't mess around and waste time with making people FEEL good, he makes them SEE PERFECTLY. My surgery was 3 months ago and I see better than I ever did in my contacts. So what if he corrects his staff in front of patients and doesn't spend time on small talk? He's the BEST surgeon doing the BEST surgery for your eyes. Get love from your hairdresser, get perfect vision from Dr.Chynn.

The BEST and SAFEST for your vision show details The BEST and SAFEST for your vision
May 24th, 2011

Dr Chynn is a perfectionist by personality, and that's how he approaches his craft. Luckily for anyone looking for Laser EYE Surgery, he applies this same mantra while performing procedures. He will not compromise your vision, and neither should you. He uses the most advanced techniques and most state of the art equipment. He HAS performed more non cutting procedures than ALL other Laser Centers COMBINED in NYC. Don't ask me about him yelling at his staff for missing a step. Ask me how his microscopic attention to detail has granted me BETTER than 20/20 vision. His personality is complimented well by the GREAT nature of his staff. They will make sure your LASEK experience is what you expect and deserve. They've all had the procedure done (or they are scheduled to)so they speak to you from a patient point of view. They don't hide anything, and fully inform their patients about the details of the procedure. Some people don't appreciate that openness and transparency. Some people want to just get FLAP AND ZAPPED. That's fine. Go elsewhere if you want to compromise your vision (and have your eyes worked on by a "nice guy"). Go to Park Avenue LASEK if you want the job done RIGHT!!!

Liar, Rude, Foul Mouthed Napolean Complex show details Liar, Rude, Foul Mouthed Napolean Complex
by Paybacksabitch on Mar 18th, 2011

This man, because he is nowhere near a DOCTOR is the rudest, most dishonest person I have ever encountered. Please do not go to him.

Complete Jerk and Liar show details Complete Jerk and Liar
by King of Brooklyn on Mar 5th, 2011

My eyes are worse than when I orginally got the operation. He a complete Jerk, his staff is incompentant and turnsover every few months. He's running a scam on paying people for referrals. I never received mine. Beware of this clown.

Want 20-20 show details Want 20-20
by T Cuddahe on Mar 5th, 2011

From an actual patient - 8 years ago - I had the procedure and my vision is still 20-20. No complications, problems. Just had my follow-up a couple of weeks ago!

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
by Off Bleecker on Feb 14th, 2011

I had an appointment with Dr. Chynnn last week and both he and his office staff took very good care of me. I highly recommend Park Ave Lasik!

Dr. Chynn is the Best show details Dr. Chynn is the Best
by LASEK 100 on Dec 1st, 2010

The staff is very polite and professional. Anyone who helps people improve their lives by living without glasses and contacts would be considered a decent person. You are required to go back at least 6 times to make sure you are properly taking your medications and doing well after your surgery. What that does is speak for itself. It shows they care about you after the surgery and not just send you on your merry way. How can you complain about a LASEK surgery you received that was 10 times safer than the obsolete Lasik procedure which is much more risky. Dr. Chynn is a very decent person. He helps people every single day live a better life without the need for glasses or contacts. I've personally had laser surgery in his office and he treats people with dignity and respect. There are far more important things in this world than to blatantly attempt to taint someone's reputation who does positive things for people every single day. The live seminars are awesome. Free food, a chance to watch someone enhance their live without the need for glasses and contacts. The jealous author must be confusing him with someone else. I mean, wake up and smell the roses, he's a decent person who improves the quality of other people's lives.

Manhattans Safest Center!! show details Manhattans Safest Center!!
Oct 26th, 2010

When I first decided I wanted corrective Laser Eye Surgery, my biggest concern was SAFETY! When I heard that Park Avenue Laser was the only 100% no-cut practice in NYC, I was immediately drawn to it; and am so glad I chose it. Nobody has as much experience in bladeless Lasek surgery or has a better medical background. When I visited the Office, Dr's Puri and Almeida were extremely kind and patient and I left my first visit with total confidence that I was ready to change my eyesight forever- Now I see 20/15 and could not be happier!

Sep 15th, 2010

Dr.Chynn is a very unethical and unprofessional medical doctor who should be barred from practicing medicine. He offered me money for writing good testimonials. He absolutely lacks morals and is an insult to hypocritic oath. He bribes patients to post good testimonials about him. He is very nasty and has absolutely no bed side manners. He is very good at advertising and marketing though, he knows how to sell himself and his credentials very well. I fell for his credentials and accepted him to do my surgery. Through out the surgery and after that I was so scared to approach this person. It left me in humiliation despite paying so much. He was very rude to me in post-op period. This makes me wonder how this rogue doctor has never been reported to New York medical council for his unethical practices. AVOID THIS PLACE AND THIS HIGHLY EDUCATED BUT ILL-MANNERED PERSON WHO CAN LEAVE YOU IN HUMILIATION!He gets his clients thru his trainee FELLOWS IN HIS OFFICE WHO ARE GREAT AND VERY WELL-MANNERED COMPARED TO THIS CROOK!

Better than 20/20! show details Better than 20/20!
Jul 27th, 2010

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff where most staff were lasered unlike other centered!Was better than 20/20 in less than two weeks! I shopped at other facilities where technicians saw me but here all of the staff testing me were MD's and they were very patient and even gave me their personal numbers for questions! Definitely better than have my eyes cut somewhere else, Lasek is the way to go!

The ONLY center in nyc that won't cut a flap in your eye show details The ONLY center in nyc that won't cut a flap in your eye
by Anonymous on Mar 9th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I went to several centers for LASIK, but didn't understand that there is a newer, safer procedure called LASEK that Dr. Chynn specializes in, whe ...

My Experience show details My Experience
Mar 8th, 2010

Just to let everyone know, people who post postitive responses get paid to do so (including posting a video of the procedure)! They get couple hundred for doing so. The ethics of this place are horrible, as well as staff/ friendliness. I never would suggest going here unless high pressure sales is your thing (could not imagine it would be when shopping for your eyes). I don't care where Dr. Chynn went to school, I trust someone less when they have NO moral or ethical values.... to me this type of person is most dangerous of them all. I would not go here!!!

My experience show details My experience
by Anonymous on Mar 8th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

The woman Jade at the front desk is rude and unpleasant. Dr. Chynn is a money hungry man who is all about selling. This place radiates poor ethics and ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Special Promotion for Dr. Emil Chynn show details Special Promotion for Dr. Emil Chynn
by Anonymous on Feb 18th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

-- Special Promotion for Dr. Emil Chynn -- We're currently offering promotional gift certificates for LASEK laser eye surgery with Dr. Emil Chyn ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
No Glasses for Distance or Reading show details No Glasses for Distance or Reading
by JayType on Feb 6th, 2010

I am a couple of months past my operation at Park Avenue. I went to have both distance and reading improved. I can drive, both day and night, my vision is 20/15. I can read most of the time without reading glasses. Only late at night when my eyes are tired do I use cheap 4 dollar reading glasses. Dr. Chynn and his Fellows tell me that will keep improving. LASEK is more expensive than LASIK, but these are your EYES, you can't even correct for reading with LASIK.