Dr. Emil Chynn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emil Chynn?

Posted on August 17th, 2017

was actually in the office on the day of cindy's appointment and saw the entire crazy interaction. I was just there for a post-op following my LASEK (which went great, I'm 20/20 btw and dont reading or distance glasses even though I'm in my fifties) If you look at the other reviews it's clear she is crazy and almost non-coherent which is what she is like in person too. She took around three hours of Dr Chynn's time with crazy questions that made no sense, was borderline hysterical and even after Dr Chynn had answered her questions beyond what could be reasonable expected of any sane individual, she circled around the block and came back. Dr Chynn and the staff have the patience of saints to deal with this crazy individual.

Perfect vision

Posted on May 24th, 2017

Dr Chynn did my LASEK surgery in Autumn 2016 and the change to my vision is nothing less than miraculous! My office is near his and not only can I now see the individual leaves on the trees, but the smallest detail on the highly decorative Flatiron building.

Posted on May 8th, 2017

We have had a 2+ year relationship with Dr Chynn and will continue to do so for a multitude of reasons! My husband first saw him two years ago. He suffered from poor vision and also had a service related injury to one of his eyes. He purposely sought out Dr Chynn at Park Avenue Lasek because he offers a non cut procedure which offers no scarring. He had his procedure and walked out with 20/15 both eyes that day! During the consult, the procedure, and the after care, Dr Chynn and his staff were attentive, knowledgeable, and informative. They ALWAYS had his best interest in mind. After the surgery, my husband contracted a fungus in his eye from his employment. Dr Chynn once again went above and beyond to ensure my husbands eye was healthy. He did not HAVE to help us, but he wanted to and he made sure we had necessary information in order to make proper choices. Fast forward to present day. My husband once again suffered an eye injury from work. (Don't worry there is a career change in the near future) We once again reached out to Dr Chynn who has thankfully been thoroughly involved in addressing the injury. During his care with Dr Chynn for this injury, unfortunately our 2 yr old daughter was in a serious accident and obtained trauma to her face which requires reconstructive surgery. Once Dr Chynn found out what had happened, he offered to help us find the best plastic surgeon to help her. That's right-he took his personal time to help provide us with imperative information to help our daughter. Dr Chynn has always gone above and beyond for us and we are very grateful for that! Not using Dr Chynn would mean you are doing yourself a disservice. If you're looking for the best 'deal' or someone who makes you feel like their best friend and not a patient and don't care about your eye sight, then please use groupon. If you're looking for medically accurate and expertise of an actual MD of someone who will always go the extra step and mile for you, then you're looking for Dr Chynn. Eye sight isn't something to skimp on. If you get it wrong you can lose it forever. Trust me when I say you want to use Dr Chynn and only Dr Chynn at Park Avenue Lasek. Dr Chynn, you and your staff are godsends. THANK YOU!!

Posted on January 26th, 2017

I greatly enjoyed my experience. Dr. Chynn and his staff were wonderful. They took me through each step and answered all my questions. They made it a very comfortable experience. I now have perfect vision that I can enjoy everyday.

Posted on January 19th, 2017

Dr. Chynn and his team were amazing. Very helpful and highly professional. I recommend to everybody. extremely on point and a perfectionist as a function of his stellar training at institutions like Harvard, Dartmuth and Columbia. At the end of the day, I would prefer to choose my surgeon based on his skills/expertise and far less so on personality type. You certainly wouldn't go to the fluffiest cardiologist if you had a heart attack and the bottom line is this is surgery on your eyes and you need to think about it the same way as any non-elective surgical procedure. Choose based on skill and experience like any medical procedure.

Posted on September 22nd, 2016

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The office is modern and easily accessible. Dr CHYNN is top notch-professional ,experienced, and easy to work with. Fantastic results!

Posted on June 22nd, 2016

I got my eyes done in early jan of 2016, and it is the best thing I have ever done. My vision is 20/10 all the time, when it was 20/50 before and way worse at night. If you follow the pre and post op instructions religiously and understand that this procedure takes time to heal you will love these results. I am beyond happy.

Lasek - The best decision I ever made

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

You will want to know that my procedure with Dr Chynn is one of the best decisions of my life. I am 69 years old and had reservations about whether someone my age should undergo the LASEK procedure or any type of laser vision correction. Before my LASEK, I had to use two different sets of glasses all day long [my prescription reading pair glasses also had a 10% band across the top of the lens for short- distance vision ]. The 2nd pair was for distance vision]. Since having the LASEK procedure, I do not need any glasses at all! It is an invaluable difference for daily living, even mystifying, to now be able to read the smallest print like I could 30 years ago. I am proof that age is not an issue for Lasek. I was quite scared before my procedure and definitely didn't want a cutting procedure like LASIK especially as I was afraid of having issues with dry eyes after the procedure because of my age. Because there is no flap cut in LASEK, it doesn't cause dry eye problems. Dr. Chynn responds to your email concerns, questions before the end of each day. I was fortunate to meet him at a function for Dartmouth alums over 20 years ago, and I learned that he has four other degrees as well, Harvard, Columbia, Emory and NYU so his education and training are second to none! If you are contemplating the Lasek procedure with Dr. Chynn, you cannot go wrong. He is the most responsive Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and his dedication to making his patients comfortable and happy is truly remarkable. PS - My wife says I am a fuss budget about my health and maybe she is right! Dr. Chynn and his staff had to endure many follow up visits and phone calls and email queries from me. At no time did anyone express exasperation dealing with my concerns, which is another positive for Dr. Chynn’s operation. Overall, I urge anyone who thought they were too old to lose the glasses/didn't think LASEK could fix reading issues/afraid of cutting procedure/afraid of dry eyes to give Dr Chynn a call. They'll even show you how you will see for both distance and near after the procedure.

Posted on February 21st, 2016

I think this is a horrible place where the doctor lacks compassion on all levels. I feel sorry for his demoralize staff!

Posted on January 21st, 2016

After the initial consultation and a few extra exams the doctor recommended me to do to make sure I am truly a good candidate for Lasek, I was scheduled for the procedure. The procedure itself went really quickly (maybe 10 minutes) and I was out of the doctor's office in about three hours including the waiting time. By my 1st post-op visit, which was one week from the procedure day, I was already very happy about the result. I can still feel subtle improvements in my vision every couple days and I am now roughly 20/30 and 20/40 with better vision still to come (since Lasek requires longer recovery time than Lasik but in exchange there are major benefits such as better final vision and better night vision). I had a very high prescription so this was the results the doctor told me that we could probably achieve during the consultation. I would be close to or past the upper limit which is safe for LASIK to treat, but well within LASEK parameters, which is one reason Dr. Chynn switched from performing the older cutting LASIK to the newer noncutting LASEK in 2003. Overall, I am really grateful that I can now see very well without glasses and Dr. Chynn and his staffs are absolutely fantastic!

Don't trust! Ask about fees and procedures up front!

Posted on January 10th, 2016

I have serious doubts about trusting Park Avenue LASEK after a recent office meeting. This place seems to be a lot of hype and promises, but delivering disappointment. I agree with the negative reviews on YELP, this office is out for your money with a non-refundable 2nd opinion/appointment reservation fee of $500. An extra $300 if you want PreVue Lens. Miscommunications regarding procedure, scheduling, and fees abound. I asked about discounts and the 20/15 guarantee in 2015 - totally ignored. $3500 for one eye, $7000 for two eyes - way overpriced. I heard many patients voice their disappointment about their surgery at this office. LASEK is similar to PRK, you're probably better off going elsewhere and getting epi-LASIK by a more competent office. Don't believe me, simply sit in the waiting room office for an hour.

Posted on December 17th, 2015

My experience with Dr. Chynn was excellent. He answered all of my questions and provided me with additional resources and assistance to accommodate my medical situation. He was always available, quick to respond to my inquiries and seemed to honestly care about what I was going through. Overall, I consider him an exceptional medical professional with extensive knowledge, essential experience and a strong commitment to help people get the information and treatment they need.