Overall Review

September 22nd, 2016
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The office is modern and easily accessible. Dr CHYNN is top notch-professional ,experienced, and easy to work with. Fantastic results!

June 22nd, 2016
I got my eyes done in early jan of 2016, and it is the best thing I have ever done. My vision is 20/10 all the time, when it was 20/50 before and way worse at night. If you follow the pre and post op instructions religiously and understand that this procedure takes time to heal you will love these results. I am beyond happy.

February 22nd, 2016
Lasek - The best decision I ever made
You will want to know that my procedure with Dr Chynn is one of the best decisions of my life. I am 69 years old and had reservations about whether someone my age should undergo the LASEK procedure or any type of laser vision correction. Before my LASEK, I had to use two different sets of glasses all day long [my prescription reading pair glasses also had a 10% band across the top of the lens for short- distance vision ]. The 2nd pair was for distance vision]. Since having the LASEK procedure, I do not need any glasses at all! It is an invaluable difference for daily living, even mystifying, to now be able to read the smallest print like I could 30 years ago. I am proof that age is not an issue for Lasek. I was quite scared before my procedure and definitely didn't want a cutting procedure like LASIK especially as I was afraid of having issues with dry eyes after the procedure because of my age. Because there is no flap cut in LASEK, it doesn't cause dry eye problems. Dr. Chynn responds to your email concerns, questions before the end of each day. I was fortunate to meet him at a function for Dartmouth alums over 20 years ago, and I learned that he has four other degrees as well, Harvard, Columbia, Emory and NYU so his education and training are second to none! If you are contemplating the Lasek procedure with Dr. Chynn, you cannot go wrong. He is the most responsive Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and his dedication to making his patients comfortable and happy is truly remarkable. PS - My wife says I am a fuss budget about my health and maybe she is right! Dr. Chynn and his staff had to endure many follow up visits and phone calls and email queries from me. At no time did anyone express exasperation dealing with my concerns, which is another positive for Dr. Chynn’s operation. Overall, I urge anyone who thought they were too old to lose the glasses/didn't think LASEK could fix reading issues/afraid of cutting procedure/afraid of dry eyes to give Dr Chynn a call. They'll even show you how you will see for both distance and near after the procedure.

February 21st, 2016
I think this is a horrible place where the doctor lacks compassion on all levels. I feel sorry for his demoralize staff!

January 20th, 2016
After the initial consultation and a few extra exams the doctor recommended me to do to make sure I am truly a good candidate for Lasek, I was scheduled for the procedure. The procedure itself went really quickly (maybe 10 minutes) and I was out of the doctor's office in about three hours including the waiting time. By my 1st post-op visit, which was one week from the procedure day, I was already very happy about the result. I can still feel subtle improvements in my vision every couple days and I am now roughly 20/30 and 20/40 with better vision still to come (since Lasek requires longer recovery time than Lasik but in exchange there are major benefits such as better final vision and better night vision). I had a very high prescription so this was the results the doctor told me that we could probably achieve during the consultation. I would be close to or past the upper limit which is safe for LASIK to treat, but well within LASEK parameters, which is one reason Dr. Chynn switched from performing the older cutting LASIK to the newer noncutting LASEK in 2003. Overall, I am really grateful that I can now see very well without glasses and Dr. Chynn and his staffs are absolutely fantastic!

January 10th, 2016
Don't trust! Ask about fees and procedures up front!
I have serious doubts about trusting Park Avenue LASEK after a recent office meeting. This place seems to be a lot of hype and promises, but delivering disappointment. I agree with the negative reviews on YELP, this office is out for your money with a non-refundable 2nd opinion/appointment reservation fee of $500. An extra $300 if you want PreVue Lens. Miscommunications regarding procedure, scheduling, and fees abound. I asked about discounts and the 20/15 guarantee in 2015 - totally ignored. $3500 for one eye, $7000 for two eyes - way overpriced. I heard many patients voice their disappointment about their surgery at this office. LASEK is similar to PRK, you're probably better off going elsewhere and getting epi-LASIK by a more competent office. Don't believe me, simply sit in the waiting room office for an hour.

December 17th, 2015
My experience with Dr. Chynn was excellent. He answered all of my questions and provided me with additional resources and assistance to accommodate my medical situation. He was always available, quick to respond to my inquiries and seemed to honestly care about what I was going through. Overall, I consider him an exceptional medical professional with extensive knowledge, essential experience and a strong commitment to help people get the information and treatment they need.

October 21st, 2015
excellent experience at the Park Avenue LASEK Center
I found Mr. Chynn through a very precise process of looking for the right eye doctor and surgeon who performs extreme cases that no other surgeon in US can do. I flew all the way to nyc to have dr Chynn fix my eyes because no doctor in my country Albania nor the neighboring countries of Hungary or Romania had any experience fixing someone like me with extreme hyperopia and extreme astigmatism I also consulted by email with doctors in Germany and France and they also said I was past parameters for lasik I found dr Chynn because he is the most famous LASEK surgeon in the world. He told me by email he's fixed hundreds of cases like mine. His fellow doctor working for him confirmed this when I called that a case like mine would be even "routine" at Park Avenue LASEK, and that she, too, doubted such extreme prescriptions could be corrected when she started there (having run the largest lasik center in kiev for 6 years beforehand), but now she, too, thinks of cases like mine as "no big deal" in dr Chynn's hands! If you want a "nice" doctor who is an average surgeon who went to average schools and can treat average cares, go to your local doctor. If nobody locally can help you, and you want the best in the world, go to dr Chynn. He is performing miracles every day. When I met Dr, Chynn for my surgery appointment, Dr. Chynn was very methodical and professional which characteristics are the correct personality characteristics someone should seek in a surgeon. Now I can see 20/20 and more better than before when wearing contacts or glasses and all is that accomplished due to and thankfully to Mr. Chynn.

April 20th, 2015
Awesome customer care
I've been thinking about LASEK for a while now so I finally took the free consultation with PAL. I must say the staff at PAL are very polite, knowledgable, helpful and professional. My eye doctor told me that I was not a candidate for laser so you should always check with the specialist first to see if you are qualified. I must also add that Mark has excellent customer care skills. So far I'm very please with everything and I would recommend PAL to anyone who is interested in laser eye surgery.

April 6th, 2015
Amazing DR. Visit
Went to Park ave Lasek for an eye exam. Had a great experience, staff was very friendly and professional. Dr Chynn was excellent. I was hesitant of getting LASIK but after a consultation and finding out about newer safer 100% non cutting LASEK I was comfortable getting LASEK. I am now two weeks after surgery and already seeing better than 20/20 which is amazing. I had a negative 11 prescription pre op and was actually told in my lens crafters no laser could help. Don't believe your glasses provider, they just want to keep you in them. Highly recommend dr Chynn. He truly is a miracle worker

March 13th, 2015
LASEK review
I went to see Dr Chynn and his team to see if I would be a good candidate for LASEK(not LASIK) that he performs. I'm a statistician by trade and am extremely pre-occupied by stats and risk benefit ratios. After seeing some negative reviews on some sites, I feel compelled to give my viewpoint after going through the entire process. All the negative reviews are from ppl who didn't proceed with their LASEK so they are, to coin a statistical term, "self selecting" as negative reviewers. To be honest, I was a little wary and intimidated at my consultation to. Dr Chynn is a total perfectionist and expects an extremely high level of knowledge from his staff. His education can actually be quite intimidating and it was only after I decided to proceed and got to know Dr C and the team better that I started to feel more at home. dr Chynn goes out of his way to make sure all your concerns are addressed by him personally. He then gives you his cell number to text him if anything comes up. After visiting 5 different centers for consults I can safely say he is the only surgeon that was willing to do it! Even though the non-cutting LASEK is slightly more expensive, Dr Chynn's education(Harvard, Columbia, Dartmouth, Emory, NYU) and the safety of the procedure made it a no-brainer for me to do LASEK with Dr Chynn. He even helped invent the technique at Harvard! I'm now ten days after my surgery and just had my first post-op visit. I'm already seeing 20/20 which is absolutely insane! I was a -8.75 to begin with and literally couldn't see anything without my glasses. The only thing I would change about my experience is that I would have done it 10 years sooner if I knew this option was available.

January 17th, 2015
Dr. Chynn will change your life!!!
I am a college student and am about three weeks post-op. Having worn glasses/contacts since elementary school, it is absolutely incredible to be able to see clearly without them. And knowing that my vision is improving by each passing day, Dr. Chynn told me that I will be seeing 20/20 (if not better) by the end of the month! I was legally blind with an extreme myopic prescription of -11.00, so this surgery has truly changed my life. I have done a lot of research and visited other laser vision surgeons and chose Dr. Chynn over everyone because he learned from the best and created the safer-than-LASIK LASEK himself! Dr. Chynn also had LASIK done years ago and still experiences dry eyes. However, according to the reviews here and himself, there are no complications such as dry eyes after LASEK as long as you strictly follow the post-op recovery directions Additionally, the staff is very informative and definitely know what they’re doing. They addressed all my doubts and worries professionally and I left with complete trust in them. If you don’t believe me, go in for a free consultation yourself! Do yourself a favor by waking up without blindly reaching for your glasses or not going through the hassle of putting on your contacts and keeping them in.