Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Oct 3rd, 2010

Dr. Degoma has the heart, soul and mind of a doctor. Wish all my doctors are like him.

by Vickie M on Oct 2nd, 2010

The diligent care at Stanford was much appreciated. With their help, my blood pressure is finally where it needs to be.

by Monica P on Oct 2nd, 2010

Doctor Emil DeGoma is one of the best doctors I've dealt with. I wanted to get a 2nd opinion on my blood results and he was able to explain them to me in great detail. He also made me feel very comfortable as well. He is very detailed and answered all my questions. Most doctors I've seen in the past rushed through my questions but Dr. DeGoma made sure that all my questions were answered. I came out not just knowing that I will be okay but also understood exactly what was going on with me. I would highly recommend his services.

by Maria G on Oct 2nd, 2010

I am one of Dr. Degoma's patient and I am lucky to have him as one of my cardiologist. I have seen many doctors from different hospitals in the past and I would say that he was one of the nicer ones and he treated me like a family. I was diagnosed with a serious heart condition along with my pregnancy that puts me at high risk. With his expertise and close monitoring and care on my situation he made my ordeal less complex. I gave birth to a normal and healthy baby and I didn't suffer any complications. I would highly recommend his service.

by Sarah R on Oct 2nd, 2010

I had the opportunity to sit in on many patient consultations with Dr Degoma while I was completing a masters program in nursing. He always treated each and every patient with the utmost care and attention. He was thorough in his assessments, knowledgeable about his field and clear with his recommendations. He was always kind and respectful and is a physician I would highly recommend.

by Heidi S on Oct 2nd, 2010

It was my pleasure to work with Dr. Degoma for over 5 years. I work with many physicians and he is one of the most engaging, caring and intelligent providers that I know. Dr. Degoma is organized, timely, a superior communicator and he goes the extra mile for patients. I highly recommend his service.

by CM on Oct 2nd, 2010

Palo Alto, CA5 star rating9/18/2010I went to see Dr. deGoma with my husband months ago at the VA hospital in Palo Alto. It was wonderful to see him again, as we knew him well as a general internist, and now he's a cardiologist. He took wonderful care of my husband for two years -- managing his blood pressure, his many, many medications, and even visiting him in the hospital when, unfortunately, he developed pneumonia. I think that was 2005 or 2006 -- a bad winter for both of us. We were both disappointed when he moved on, that seems to happen ever few years at the VA, but again, we were very happy to see him in the cardiology clinics. My husband, just like his brother, started to have palpitations and they found out it was from fib. Fortunately, he's doing ok with the coumadin, despite the frequent blood sticks, and the plan is to see how he does on the new medications. He's feeling better now, so hopefully he's out of it. I have been extremely happy with the care he provided, and very satisfied with the VA in general. I feel fortunate that we have such a nice hospital close by. I've recently become aware that, sadly, my husband's friends aren't quite as lucky.

by Antoinette S on Oct 2nd, 2010

Whoever wrote the previous review must be crazy! Dr Degoma is one of the MOST RESPECTFUL doctor I've ever met. He has good bedside manners and is very concerned about his patient's welfare. And take note whoever reads the previous review... Stanford Hospital is a teaching hospital. i was a patient of the hospital and when you check in, you sign a form stating that you will be shown to students and as part of teaching, of course he point out to his students whatever is the result of the surgery regardless of when. So to Mickey C., you may want to read whatever you signed at the hospital first before you rant unnecessarily. OR go to a different hospital!

by Karla S on Oct 2nd, 2010

I previously completed a "Stanford card" to show my appreciation, and thought it best to do the same on-line. Dr. Ashley and Dr. deGoma have been very kind to my husband since our first visit. He has been ill for quite some time, from heart failure, and we initially came for a second opinion, and then decided to transfer our care here. The team, including the very accessible nurses, have been exceptional, and we are very much obliged to them. Sometimes their appointments start late; that said, we never felt rushed when it was our turn, and all of our questions were answered (though more seem to crop up).

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2010

Excellent experience with Dr De Goma and Stanford.