Dr. Emil Ganjian MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2017
Life Changing!!! Amazing surgeon
I had a sinus infection for over 4 years. I had a really hard time finding a doctor I was comfortable with. I put my trust into Dr. Ganjian & I couldn't be happier. Throughout this process I have grown to appreciate, admire and respect him. He is very compassionate and any concerns I had however big or small he addressed. Not to mention I feel like a completely new person thanks to his amazing skills.

March 16th, 2017
Excellent result with nasal polyp removal and rhinoplasty
I was referred to Dr. Ganjian by a physician friend of mine who has a lot of contacts in the ENT world. My friend was extremely confident that I would be in the best of hands with Dr. Ganjian and that there was no one that he had greater trust in to handle my surgery. I came to Dr. Ganjian after a decade of ignoring my nasal polyps out of fear, and so my polyps were quite advanced. I was experiencing constant nasal congestion, colds that never went away and often progressed into sinus infections, snoring, loss of taste and smell, etc. When I first visited Dr. Ganjian, he listened patiently to my symptoms, medical and family history and concerns after negative experiences from other ENTs. And after reading online so many positive 5/5 star ratings from other patients, I broached the topic of rhinoplasty at my appointment since I had read a review that mentioned he had performed a polypectomy at the same time as rhinoplasty and deviated septum repair. I had always wanted rhinoplasty since I broke my nose as a child and until then didn’t realize it was possible to do them at the same time. Dr. Ganjian addressed all of my concerns about rhinoplasty and having very natural, subtle results. He assured me no one would notice the difference in my nose after the surgery, and that the result would simply be a more defined and elegant nose. This was exactly what I wanted- nothing dramatic or noticeable, just a nose that would fit my face better and give me a bit more confidence about how I look in pictures. On the day of the surgery Dr. Ganjian put me at ease, he has a very reassuring and comforting way about him. After the surgery he explained all the follow up care to my father and made sure I was comfortable with the instructions and understood everything. In the days following the surgery I was shocked at how normal my face looked. I had almost no swelling and no bruising. The photos I saw online of rhinoplasty surgery looked nothing like the way I looked. Even in the immediate days after surgery I looked really normal. I had one tiny bruise on one side which faded in a few days. At my one week check-up I looked totally normal and you could already see the difference in my nose. Dr. Ganjian and I could tell it was smaller, but no one else could tell. I also felt a lot better than I expected. When I first saw how I looked without the bandage, I was floored. I couldn’t even absorb it at first because it looked exactly how I hoped it would. It took me a several minutes to take it in and express to Dr. Ganjian how happy I was with the results. I just couldn’t believe it at first, and he was right, no one can tell, not even my parents. If my mother could tell, believe me she would say something- she has no idea! I have to say that Dr. Ganjian’s bedside manner is very gentle and caring. He really treated me with kid gloves, always checking to make sure I was comfortable and making jokes to distract me if he sensed any discomfort that I was feeling during check-ups after the removal of my polyps. I really didn’t feel any discomfort as he cleaned up the inside of my nose. I actually really looked forward to those visits because he made me feel so much better. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Ganjian for the care he gave me. I am so glad I finally took care of the polyps, I can breathe normally for the first time in more than 10 years. And I’m so happy that Dr. Ganjian made me feel safe enough to go through with the rhinoplasty, since I wanted it for so many years. It takes a lot of trust to change your appearance like that, and Dr. Ganjian delivered on every single thing he promised me. He is the rare doctor who has the highest level of technical skill combined with a gentle bedside manner and a really likable personality in general. I highly recommend him to all my friends and family and wanted to take the time to express how thrilled I am with the results of the surgery so that other patients can see the outstanding work that he does.

February 7th, 2017
Deplorable and Unethical
My experience with Dr. Ganjian is one of the worst I ever had! My concerns before surgery were minor stuffiness, interrupted sleep because of a low hanging uvula, and occasional contact point pain on the left side of my nose and eye. Now I am stuck with a complete mess! Two narrow slits to breathe through, major obstruction to the point that the lower half of my nose has tiny collapsed slits to breathe through, facial skin and eye burning issues, foul odor in my nose, daily debilitating migraines, and no drainage or moisture in my nose and now eyes. Dr. also has a reputation for paying people to write fake positive reviews on his behalf. One site had three reviews on the same date with people raving about their surgical experiences from 1,3,and 5 years ago. No one waits that long to write a review and then decides to post on the same date. Ironically, all posters began their last sentence in the review with the same first two words.

December 22nd, 2016
Simply the best
Dr. Ganjian has taken care of me and my family for the past several years. He performed sinus and septum surgery on me about three years ago and made a huge difference in my life. I went from not breathing from my nose and experiencing many infections a year with fevers up to 103° to breathing great and not having had any sinus infections in years. He is an excellent surgeon. He has also taken care of my wife and my children. We have nothing but praise for him. He is always available for us and even stays late after his office hours to see us if we are ill. He has great bedside manners and is always very caring and patient. He is very knowledgeable and always is able to make the correct diagnosis and to make us feel better even when other doctors have failed. I would highly recommend him to anybody with any ENT or sinus problems. He is simply the best that we have seen.

November 10th, 2016
Very Best....
My experience with Dr. Ganjian has been one of the best experiences of my life. So personal, so professional and he handled my situation with the greatest care. With all the doctors I have seen in my life time, Dr. Ganjian was not only the most knowledgeable about my situation but how comfortable he made me feel. Fantastic experience and would go to him any day of the week. Thank you Dr. Ganjian.

August 21st, 2016
Amazing experience - I can finally breathe!
I recently had a surgery completed by Dr. Ganjian. Dr. Ganjian corrected my deviated septum and opened up my sinus's. To tell you I feel great would be an understatement. The surgery was flawless. His staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Dr. Ganjian's pre/post surgery follow ups are very thorough. I can see why he is one of the most sought after doctors in his field.

August 20th, 2016
He is a great doctor. Very caring and kind. He is an amazing surgeon who changed my life by performing a corrective surgery on my nose and sinuses to correct a bad result from another surgeon. His work was amazing. Other doctors have complimented me on his work. During my many visits to his office before and after my surgery, I found out that all of his patients feel the same and very highly of him. Wait time in the office can sometimes be long but I have learned fist hand that the reason is that when you meet him he spends as much time with you as you need and does not rush out of the room like some other doctors. On many occasions before and after my surgery he spent well over 30 minutes with me. Not to mention my initial 2 visits when he spent almost 2 hours discussing my case with me. In brief, the wait is well worth it.

July 6th, 2016
I had a complex nasal surgery with Dr. Ganjian about 1 month ago. I had previous trauma with a lot of trouble with breathing issues as well as the shape of my nose. He did a brilliant job. My breathing is amazing and I love my new nose! It looks great and very natural. He is a great doctor. He was there for me every step of the way with lots of patience as well as support and encouragement. I knew exactly what to expect at each stage. He is a great surgeon and caring person. I won't hesitate to recommend him to any friends or family.

June 16th, 2016
Dr. Ganjian made my thyroidectomy a somewhat pleasant experience, if that is possible. He is extremely professional, attentive and informative and I am extremely pleased with the treatment and follow-up attention I received from him. I was very impressed with Dr. Ganjian, and he made my recovery much easier than I thought possible. In addition, his office staff is wonderful!!!! Highly recommend Dr. Ganjian.

February 23rd, 2016
Correcting my review from 12/31, meant to give 5 stars Lesson learned don't do a review without your glasses on your phone. Dr ganja is a great doctor , would highly recommend him

February 5th, 2016
I chose to see Dr. Ganjian based on the excellent online reviews of other patients, for a difficult and rare sinus condition. I had 2 unsuccessful previous sinus surgeries, one by a "big shot" in NYC and one by a local ENT in the area. Both of those two doctors were too quick to jump to surgery and made me worse! Dr. Ganjian took his time to correctly evaluate me and to rule out several other conditions that could mimic my condition. He discovered a rare auto immune disease and determined that that condition was the reason for my severe symptoms and the failure of the previous surgeries. With the help of an immunologist he corrected and reversed the immune condition first and then was able to perform a much smaller surgery on me 1 yr ago. The recovery was incredibly easier and faster than my two previous surgeries. There was no packing in my nose and I was back to work in 3 days. He was amazing through the whole process. I just saw him this week for my one year checkup and I have not had even one infection since the surgery, and my breathing and well being is incredibly improved. I wish I had gone to him from the beginning. He is a great doctor and cares first and foremost about his patients well being. I highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. G

January 5th, 2016
exceptional doctor. came highly recommended by my internist as well as coworkers and met all my expectations. he is very knowledgeable, patient, caring and does what is right for the patient. I won't hesitate to recommend him to my family.