Dr. Emil Szabo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emil Szabo?

Thorough and honest.

Posted on June 27th, 2017

Dr. Szabo did my hysterectomy and was very thorough and easy to talk to. Honest answers to all my questions. He's been doing this for years and his experience is obvious.

I will never visit his offices again

Posted on August 5th, 2013

I had a terrible experience in the two to three times I visited Dr. Szabo's office. His bedside manner is AWFUL. I had a procedure done after an abnormal pap smear. I am 22 and this scared the life out of me, I didn't know what it meant or how serious it may or may not be. After the procedure, he explained to me very briefly what he had just done during the procedure etc. in THE HALLWAY in the earshot of other patients, he took me into his office and did not say one word to me, wrote notes in a folder, and ushered me back out to the front desk to schedule a follow up appointment. Out of embarrassment and fear of what the results could possibly be, I started to tear up. The nurse who assisted in the procedure noticed and took me into an empty room, closed the door and explained to me in a way that I could understand, His staff was absolutely wonderful, very courteous on the phone and so much more helpful than Dr. Szabo himself. I will never return to his office, nor would I ever recommend anyone to go there. To be clear, I don't question his ability at all as a doctor; he seems/is very experienced and good at what he does. But for me personally, it does not make up for his lack of courteousness, ability to explain things, or discretion.

Best

Posted on February 17th, 2012

Dr Szabo delivered 2 of my 3 children, absolutely the best.

Excellent

Posted on August 9th, 2011

I went to Dr. Szabo for about 7 years. During that time we moved 3 hours away but I still kept going back because I couldn't find anyone I wanted to go to. Finally had to, but now we're moving back to the State College area and He's my choice again. So glad I got in. He pays attention to everything you're telling him and is very caring. I highl recommend him.

Posted on April 26th, 2011

Dr. Szabo is an amazing doctor! I had an issue which required me to be operated on during the 8th month of my pregnancy and he was there to help every step of the way. As well as following up to make sure everything went smooth afterward. I have and would highly recommend him.

If you are looking for someone who will talk to you, keep looking

Posted on February 10th, 2011

Dr. Szabo may well be a great medical doctor but his bedside manner is terrible. He barely looks at you and very very rarely speaks to you. If I ask him a question he does not answer well.

Doesn't get any better

Posted on November 30th, 2010

Dr. Szabo is the best OB around. It is easy to get in to see him. He is great in explaining all your options when necessary. He delivers all his babies so you receive continuity of care. I would recommend Dr. Szabo to anyone looking for a qualified caring OB/GYN.

Great Doctor

Posted on June 9th, 2010

Dr. Szabo is very knowledgeable & the office staff is great.

Posted on April 6th, 2009

I had had a rare pregnancy condition and Dr. Szabo did my E/C. Because of the urgency in getting blood tests, he was caring, yet firm, like a father to make sure I got the blood tests. Thankfully, everything worked out! He is very intelligent and caring! I'd highly recommend him.

Posted on January 1st, 2017