Dr. Emilia Matos MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Yuma, AZ

2.6

February 1st, 2016
Frustrated mom
She was on duty Dr. at Pediatrics urgent care Thursday night. I took my daughter because I was pretty sure she had an ear infection. She told me she couldn't see if she had an infection because ear wax, and that I needed to make an appt with an endocrinologist to have wax cleaned out. She sent us home. My poor child miserable in tears and in pain. Next day I had to make an appt w reg pediatric Dr. They cleaned out my daughters ear and turned out she had TWO ear infections!! Waste hours and money!!

January 17th, 2016
Worst Dr. Ever (and here's why)
The Absolute Worst Dr. I've ever encountered in my entire life (not being dramatic, I'm being factual). Didn't care about my child, only looked at us as a paycheck/number. I was a first time mother when I took my child to see her and had tons of question and concerns. She must be used to mothers that don't give two cares about their child because she never once asked if I had any questions/concerns it was just get them in/out as quickly as possible in order to make her $$$$$ for the day. I could go on and on but the bottom line is my experience was horrendous and I wouldn't recommend you even take a stuffed animal to see her let alone a child.

October 22nd, 2015
Too bad, she used to be an amazing doctor.
We had Dr Matos as our pediatrician as kids so we wanted to take our kids to her as well. Unfortunately we have say she isn't getting any better as the years go by. She used to be very friendly and helpful, now we feel like we are just another burden to her and her staff. Over the years she has had some good partners to help her and that is why we have stayed with her office. Now she only has one nurse practitioner helping out and while he is great, I don't think we'll stay with Matos once we are finished with the current treatment we are receiving for our son. They just don't seem to care anymore, the office staff sent us to the wrong places to get orthotics, wouldn't give me any attention when i was asking when they would call to get insurance approval on an MRI and then when the nurse practitional called back with the results of an x-ray he told us to give him a call back. When we did the office staff insisted that he hadn't called, he hadn't seen the x-rays and to call back later. I had to INSIST on talking to the nurse practitioner and then, of course he HAD seen the x-ray and could give me a diagnosis.

June 27th, 2015
BAD BAD BAD DOCTOR
Dont recommend dr.matos at all.the way she handle my son who is disabled was all just plain horrible. For example,i told her that my son is non verbal and she tried to demand he to set on the bed. He didnt respond to her and she got upset. Really??? And what happened next was just horrible. Made a police report and now taking this case to the medical board. Word of advice, please dont have this lady taking care of your childrens health.

October 10th, 2013
Great provider!
While busy, her office wait time was no more than other practices. I read other reviews that complain about her accent, but I did not find her difficult to understand. She was thorough and direct. She is friendly, but was dead on in her diagnosis. I recommended her to my friends.

October 27th, 2010
Horrible Doctor!!!!
She keeps canceling our appointments time after time and I heard the staff saying that there is no reason why she leaves during the day when she has a full schedule. I have seen Dr. Matos shout at her front office staff for things that were clearly her fault. She rarely diagnosis correctly, ignores parents concerns and is completely rude and almost of not entirely inhumane. Unfortunately the Hispanic community continues to go to her because she is bilingual.

April 9th, 2010
Dr. Matos is the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. She assumed my son had jaundice, though he had no clear signs of it and sent us for unnecessary and expensive testing. Good luck if you speak english too because her thick accent is so hard to understand. I had to ask her to repeat herself with everything she said. She is not friendly or caring at all and in this office you are treated like just another number. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

November 11th, 2009
Poor Service
This Dr. might have been good back in her prime but it's time she retired. She doesn't spend enough time with you, sends everyone to do extra testing for no reason, & the wait time is ridiculous!! The staff doesn't help either. Would definitely NOT recommend!!