Dr. Emilio Castaneda MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 13th, 2015
Took time and has expertise
Took time to research my many multiple conditions and recommend the proper medications.

March 3rd, 2015
I have been going to this Dr for about 1 year, he changed my diabetes medication 3 times and it has not work, called last week for a new medication (last one I used for a month after last visit), told receptionist for him to send approval of another medication to my pharmacy, and he refused, asking me to make another appointment and pay again for my visit, I think all they want is your money not take care of your health, for that reason Im not going there any more.

February 4th, 2015
Refuses to provide blood work results over the phone; requires return visits which is quite inconvenient and costly. For that alone, I do not recommend this doctor unless of course, money and time are no object for you.

September 8th, 2014
HUGE PROBLEMS
Staff is rude, place is filthy, Doc is lax.

February 5th, 2014
Not Pleased At All
Office staff are rude. Doctor misdiagnosed me twice and overbilled my insurance company. He did not listen to my medical history and ignored several issues I was concerned about. I have lived throughout the US and the Docs I have seen in Florida have all been less than what I was used to.

July 12th, 2013
Saved my Fathers Life
My elderly father has had diabetes for as long as I can remember, and even though we moved out of the Pembroke Pines area, he refuses to see any other physician but Dr.Castaneda. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews about this man.. he is very soft spoken, and has always been attentive to my father. 6 months ago, when I took my father to his check up, he complained to the doctor about frequent numbing in his hands. That is a common issue with diabetics, but since it was never an issue before and it was happening frequently the doctor had made sure tests were run. A week later, we came in for the results and a follow up, the doctor said the results had come in with some unsual findings and wanted to check my father once again, my father started to say he felt like he was having issues with his vision. Doctor Castaneda immediately made a call to a cardiologist at the hospital down the road to get my father an immediate appointment. He asked him if he ever had cardiovascular issues beforehand. My fathers arteries were clogging, the cardiologist the doctor referred us to set up an surgery. Upon arrival for surgery, he suffered a mild stroke. Dr. Castaneda came to visit during and after the surgery to make sure my father was okay. If it wasn't for Dr.Castaneda's attentiveness to my fathers concerns and blood work results, I would have lost my father to a stroke. 6 months later now, my dad is better, the numbing went way, and he is recovering wonderfully. It's nice to actually have a physician who only makes a big deal out of things when they are needed to be handled that way, and whose relaxed nature really soothes those who are already going through a lot, like diabetics.

November 15th, 2011
awfull doctor

May 31st, 2011
horrible
this doctor did not bother to even introduce himself. I was looking at his white coat to make sure it had his name. He did not bother to check me, ask questions...wrote notes on the chart...saying what i have no idea...very poor service, unfrendly, very cold and distant to be a doctor...paid 60 dollars for the visit but will never go there again. He said to go see him in 6 months when they foudna noudgle in my thyroid and was recommended for more exams the ones he said there was no need for. He is not good at all save your time and money and pick another doctor

February 16th, 2011
Terrible
I waited to see this doctor for about 45 minutes. When I finally saw him, he barely looked at me. He went on to examin my chart, asked me a couple of questions, scribbled notes on the chart and sent me off! He was terrible.To add insult to injury, the office charged me for a full office visit b/c they claimed that I had not met my deductible. Surprised but unable to argue at the time, I paid and thought I'd check with the insurance later. When I finally did, they told me that they should have never charged me more than my co-pay. Now I am left to deal with their billing dpt. which never answer their phone. Terrible service. My advice would be to definitely find another doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 29th, 2010
Poor service
When took my parent to see him, the doctor seemed distant and cold,did not make eye contact and we felt rush. Did not get information about diagnosis. I would not recommend this doctor.