Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I would NOT recommend this Doctor or Office to my worst enemy!  |  show details
by Jamie M. Snyder on Mar 18th, 2014

I wouldn't recommend this office to my worst enemy. My experience with myself and my 15 year old son was the worst most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a doctor. They prescribe medications that are part of the FDA regulated program, ipledge program, when none of their staff is aware of how the program works and can not answer questions on the program when they are the one that enrolls you in it. I am aware of this because this is what I experienced with my 15 year old son and then when I questioned the office manager on this trying to get answers so I could fill my sons prescription I was told I could fill the script now, but the Dr. would not provide any further follow-up or monitoring of my son. Please keep in mind this medication she prescribed was a highly controlled substance that has severe side effects if you have a reaction and is why this drug is monitored throughout the FDA ipledge program. This was my last experience with them. 2 weeks prior to this experience, My son had an allergic reaction to the medication that was prescribed by Dr. Arsenault. He had a severe rash that was raised not like your standard hives and when I called the office to try and get him in. They told me that they couldn't get him in for two days, but he needed to continue to take the medications. This scared me to death, because being in the medical field myself for over 14 years, I obviously knew better not to give him the medicine, but what if I had been like 75% of other people out there that are not and would have followed what they were told, they could have severely injured their child. This Doctor should not be in practice, unless she is able to properly monitor her patients and she really needs to make sure that she has staff that is properly trained medically, and in customer care and the programs they participate in. I would tell anyone who asked about treating with her facility that I wouldn't go there if they were the last doctor's office on the earth.

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
by Tom O on Feb 21st, 2014

I have visited your office twice regarding an skin infection. I was treated by Kristin Jochum and just wanted to comment that I felt she did an outstanding job. She prescribed the correct medicines to correct my problem, and not only was thorough in her diagnosis and treatment but did an excellent job of answering my numerous questions and concerns. Kristin did a good job of putting me at ease when I was very concerned. I feel very fortunate to have been treated by her and will definitely come back as needed… however hope it is infrequent. In addition every one I came in contact with at your office was helpful and friendly

Oct 13th, 2013

As a patient with a family member who died from melanoma, I have been having full body scans with Dr. Arsenault for almost 10 years and can compare her treatment with 2 other previous dermatologists. I've found her exam to be the most thorough of all. She is always available to discuss and treat other minor issues. Her Nurse Practitioners, when needed for minor treatments, are well trained and empathetic. The office staff and the office itself are of the highest quality. I highly recommend her - and have recommended her to several friends and family.

by Delsa H. on Jun 13th, 2013

After twelve years of snowbirding to Sarasota from the NY metro area, we finally moved fulltime to FL. We started transitioning all of our medical care here a couple of years ago. As a retired healthcare professional, I'm more sensitive than your average patient about standards of care. I was referred by my primary care physician to Dr. Arsenault's practice. I must say that Dr. Arsenault performed the most thorough exam I have ever had as a patient or have witnessed during my career as a patient care provider. Her quality of care, professionalism, caring and respectful manner exceeded my expectations. These qualities were also reflected in her staff and office environment. I highly recommend Dr. Arsenault and her dermatology practice. (I have visited both office locations, Sarasota and Bradenton.)

|  Most thorough dermatology exam  |  show details
by Robert H. on May 24th, 2013

I retired after 41 years of medical practice some six years ago. During all of this time, I have never had as thorough and careful a dermatology exam as I've had for the past two years with Dr. Emily Arsenault of Sarasota/Bradenton. My kudos to her and my strong recommendations for referral to her dermatology practice.

Feb 20th, 2013

My son was diagnosed with an auto immune disease by her PA !!! She was suppose to I quote "pop in" but never did, he was prescribe hormones by someone who never went to medical school, residency... I WAS A NEVER TOLD THAT THE HORMONES CAN ALTER HIS GROWTH….when I called to get the blood result back they told me they will contact me within 3 weeks! 3 weeks to tell me if his hormone level was normal!!! This is a disgrace to the profession, if you want someone who is professional and care, do not go there!

|  Amber Kelly PA-C Drs. assistant  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I can't comment on the Dr. since I didn't get to see the Dr. Her assistant was very curt. I chose to see Dr, Arsenault because her website states they do scar revision. After her assistant looked at my very small scar, she said I needed to see a plastic surgeon and that was the end of my consult. When I checked out they charged me my co-pay which I thought was out of line since they didn't do a thing to help me with my problem.

|  time  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

Amazing to me that I was running late for my appoinment cause I couldn't find the lakewood ranch office I called and let them know that yet when I got there they canceled and would see me,however I'm here at new appt they rescheduled and now there running 40 minutes late,they don't see an issue with this,very unprofessional...

Oct 10th, 2010

I was so pleased with the care that my son recieved in her office. It was prompt and I felt that she wanted to help my son as much as I wanted to get the help for him. Thank you for all that you do.

by Jason Jones on Jun 11th, 2010

I arrived early for my appointment and hardly waited at all! The staff was friendly and the office was clean. Dr. Arsenault was very professional and thoroughly examined my skin. I would highly recommend EVERYONE that needs a dermatologist go see Dr. Arsenault!

|  Disappointment!  |  show details
by Pamela on May 9th, 2010

Called in March to schedule a new patient exam and got an appointment for May. Office was new, clean & punctual. Paperwork asked "reason for your visit today" so I put "acne", since I'd been dealing with it recently. When the nurse said "the doctor will be in to look at your face" I asked about a gown and she said "the doctor will only be examining your face, so there's no need for a gown". Over the last 20 years I've always had an overall exam and have come to expect individualized medical care from dermatologists. If you're looking for a complete exam (check of arms & legs, ears, chest & back) you should know that, "Dr. Arsenault sees 40 patients a day and doesn't have time to perform a full body exam on everyone. If this is what you want you have to schedule such and these appointments are on select dates" ...first available 9 months from now! Disappointed with the quality of care & customer service, so I left without any exam & scheduled elsewhere

|  A class act! I wish all of my doctors offices were such high quality.  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2010

A class act! My family and I have been going to Dr. Arsenault for many years and it seems like her practice only gets better over time. Her front staff is always very helpful and polite on the telephone. The medical assistants are also knowledgable and help you feel comfortable. And of course Dr. Emily is wonderful to work with. Every time I come she gives me lots of direct eye contact and really LISTENS to my problems. Some doctors are real quick to leave the room but I never feel rushed at Dermatology at Lakewood Ranch. Dr. Emily is excellent at getting right to the core of the problem and treating it successfully. My only grumble is that sometimes the wait is as much as 30 minutes, but I honestly wait longer for a table at a lot of local restaurants. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Arsenault to all of my family and friends! She is fantastic and runs a model office!!