Dr. Emily Arsenault Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emily Arsenault?

1st office visit

Posted on October 15th, 2017

I recently had my first office visit at Dr. Arsenaults office for a full annual exam. Their office was very warm and welcoming and made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Arsenault was very friendly and professional during her exam. It was the most thorough annual exam I have ever received. Overall my first experience in her office could not have gone better and I highly recommend them if you are looking for a great dermatologist.

UNRESPONSIVE Office Staff ~ Billing Department

Posted on August 3rd, 2017

I have gone to Arsenault Dermatology for the last five (or so) years and have been very satisfied with the doctors and PAs at the practice. I had recently been told that a minor excision would be needed to be done to remove some precancerous cells and since I had switched insurance policies and have a very high deductible, I asked for an estimate of costs. I had to call repeatedly over a five week period of time to try to obtain this information. The surgery was scheduled for a week or so from now and so I called again and was told that I would receive a call THAT DAY from the billing office. No call. I phoned the next day and requested the information again. Nothing. I called later that day to follow up and was told that the billing department had gone home for the day but that they weren't able to give me an estimate anyway. The lack of responsiveness and disrespect shown to me over a five or six week period of trying to find this information is unacceptable. I can't go in to have this procedure and be charged potentially thousands of dollars without some preplanning on my part. I will be searching for a new dermatologist due solely to the lack of communication from the billing department. I will say that the people who answered the phone were very nice and polite, just unable to get me the necessary answers to a question that I feel is vital to me making the decision as to the surgery.

Posted on September 11th, 2015

She checks my skin very thoroughly and I feel confident she will find any little problems before they become big or dangerous problems.

Bomb.com

Posted on August 30th, 2015

Dr. Emily & staff are the bomb.com I always have minimal wait time and have all my concerns addressed.

Posted on May 26th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. arsanault for a number of years. When I do get to see her, I am thoroughly satisfied. The problem is that the office schedules your appointment a year in advance, and for the last three years, I have received a letter in the mail,the day before the appointment, canceling. This is no way to run an office

Nice to deal with

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

Too much use of physician's assistants. As many dermatologists have these days, has products labeled with her name on them. felt skin cancer check could have been more complete. Very personable, but completely missed something about on condition I have that another local dermatologist was well versed in.

I would NOT recommend this Doctor or Office to my worst enemy!

Posted on March 18th, 2014

I wouldn't recommend this office to my worst enemy. My experience with myself and my 15 year old son was the worst most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a doctor. They prescribe medications that are part of the FDA regulated program, ipledge program, when none of their staff is aware of how the program works and can not answer questions on the program when they are the one that enrolls you in it. I am aware of this because this is what I experienced with my 15 year old son and then when I questioned the office manager on this trying to get answers so I could fill my sons prescription I was told I could fill the script now, but the Dr. would not provide any further follow-up or monitoring of my son. Please keep in mind this medication she prescribed was a highly controlled substance that has severe side effects if you have a reaction and is why this drug is monitored throughout the FDA ipledge program. This was my last experience with them. 2 weeks prior to this experience, My son had an allergic reaction to the medication that was prescribed by Dr. Arsenault. He had a severe rash that was raised not like your standard hives and when I called the office to try and get him in. They told me that they couldn't get him in for two days, but he needed to continue to take the medications. This scared me to death, because being in the medical field myself for over 14 years, I obviously knew better not to give him the medicine, but what if I had been like 75% of other people out there that are not and would have followed what they were told, they could have severely injured their child. This Doctor should not be in practice, unless she is able to properly monitor her patients and she really needs to make sure that she has staff that is properly trained medically, and in customer care and the programs they participate in. I would tell anyone who asked about treating with her facility that I wouldn't go there if they were the last doctor's office on the earth.

Doctor's Response

We are very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience while visiting our practice. We pride ourselves on great patient care, and we take every one of our patient's concerns seriously. We would like the opportunity to speak to you about your specific experiences, and how we can do things better to serve your needs, and the needs of our other patients. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you direct. Please call me, or Eva Fekete, our practice manager, at 941-907-0222 so that we may better address your issues. Thank you.

Very Pleased

Posted on February 21st, 2014

I have visited your office twice regarding an skin infection. I was treated by Kristin Jochum and just wanted to comment that I felt she did an outstanding job. She prescribed the correct medicines to correct my problem, and not only was thorough in her diagnosis and treatment but did an excellent job of answering my numerous questions and concerns. Kristin did a good job of putting me at ease when I was very concerned. I feel very fortunate to have been treated by her and will definitely come back as needed… however hope it is infrequent. In addition every one I came in contact with at your office was helpful and friendly

Posted on October 13th, 2013

As a patient with a family member who died from melanoma, I have been having full body scans with Dr. Arsenault for almost 10 years and can compare her treatment with 2 other previous dermatologists. I've found her exam to be the most thorough of all. She is always available to discuss and treat other minor issues. Her Nurse Practitioners, when needed for minor treatments, are well trained and empathetic. The office staff and the office itself are of the highest quality. I highly recommend her - and have recommended her to several friends and family.

Posted on June 13th, 2013

After twelve years of snowbirding to Sarasota from the NY metro area, we finally moved fulltime to FL. We started transitioning all of our medical care here a couple of years ago. As a retired healthcare professional, I'm more sensitive than your average patient about standards of care. I was referred by my primary care physician to Dr. Arsenault's practice. I must say that Dr. Arsenault performed the most thorough exam I have ever had as a patient or have witnessed during my career as a patient care provider. Her quality of care, professionalism, caring and respectful manner exceeded my expectations. These qualities were also reflected in her staff and office environment. I highly recommend Dr. Arsenault and her dermatology practice. (I have visited both office locations, Sarasota and Bradenton.)

Most thorough dermatology exam

Posted on May 24th, 2013

I retired after 41 years of medical practice some six years ago. During all of this time, I have never had as thorough and careful a dermatology exam as I've had for the past two years with Dr. Emily Arsenault of Sarasota/Bradenton. My kudos to her and my strong recommendations for referral to her dermatology practice.

Posted on February 20th, 2013

My son was diagnosed with an auto immune disease by her PA !!! She was suppose to I quote "pop in" but never did, he was prescribe hormones by someone who never went to medical school, residency... I WAS A NEVER TOLD THAT THE HORMONES CAN ALTER HIS GROWTH….when I called to get the blood result back they told me they will contact me within 3 weeks! 3 weeks to tell me if his hormone level was normal!!! This is a disgrace to the profession, if you want someone who is professional and care, do not go there!

Doctor's Response