Dr. Emily Box MD Patient Reviews

2.5

• Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2015
Dr Jane is a great doctor, but her office staff almost takes all the good she does away. The person Catherine she has on her front desk is a real B----H. My wife and I both see Dr Jane, me almost 10 years and my wife more than 15 years. Everytiime we have to deal with Catherine it's a major pain in the but. She just plain rude. Complaining to Dr. Jane does on good, she used to have a good office manager David Handy, he didn't fix any of the problems, but at least he could get problems taken care of, it's a real pain just to get prescriptions filled. When you do as they demand which is call your drug store they still likely as not won't fill it in a timely manner, in the past it's taken 5 or 6 refill requests from the drug store before they'll actually send in the refill. normally it requires calling the office and getting ugly with them before they'll fill the script. As others have stated more often than not appointments will get canceled because she's out of town, then your only option is to see a PA which I won't do except for filling scripts, I will not see a PA for a regular office visit, she's not a doctor and I'm there to see a specialist not a trainee. I would love to find another doctor for my RA but am afraid of the pain it'll take to get started with another doctor. If you're looking for a doctor I advise you to go somewhere else.

March 9th, 2015
It seems that you get to see a doctor once, then a PA after that. They do no follow up and are very inconsiderate and incompetent.

February 4th, 2015
I would not recommend this office
Constantly reschedules my appts. Prescribed methotrexate before seeing my labs. Horrible follow up.

January 1st, 2015
Dr. Jane Box is an Awesome Doctor
I have been going to see Dr. Jane Box since 2007. Before seeing her, my quality of life was extremely poor. My body was riddled with excruciating pain and my capacity to think effectively was even worse. I remember screaming when the linen on my bed touched my body. Sleeping at night was out of the picture, no matter which way I turned. Unfortunately, catching up with sleep the next day resulted in a drastic change in my sleep pattern and metabolism. I was barely living. The rheumatologist I saw previously had no bed side manners and was not the caring doctor whom I require as a paying patient. With him, it seemed as though I had to prove my state of pain. Plus, he wanted me to attend exercise classes that were not paid by my insurance. I am on disability with limited funds, so that was out of the question. When I couldn’t fulfill his exercise program, it seemed as though I was written off as a noncompliant patient; based on his words and actions. In addition, I needed to have my fourth surgery (hip), and physically the exercise would have done more harm than good. While he was supposed to be one of the best in his field, he was not good for me. He was more concerned with the book he wrote than understanding my pain. I refuse to pay for healthcare when my physician does not care. Someone told me about Dr. Jane Box and how she was great for her aged mother. I called to make an appointment and went in for my first visit. I found Dr. Jane Box to be highly knowledgeable, a good listener, enthusiastic about her job, concerned about my health, understanding of my pain and just an overall caring physician. She knew in my first visit what was wrong with me. While test results would support her diagnosis later, it was obvious that she knew what she was doing. Moreover, I felt good about the care I received when I walked out of her office. In 2008, I moved to Concord, North Carolina; however, I still remain her patient. If I lived a hundred miles away, I would still prefer her expertise and care. Furthermore, she has an excellent nurse who is amiable, personable, professional and caring. It feels like going back home when I return for a doctor’s visit. Upon walking in the office, the receptionists are friendly, organized, and proficient. I have never had to worry about overpaying them because her finance person is always on the mark. As a matter of fact, instead of making initial payments at times, they are careful to remind me when I owe nothing at all. When Dr. Jane Box is not present, she leaves her patients in good hands. Fortunately, I have had the privilege to see her P.A., Ms. Bethany, and found her to be knowledgeable, caring, and a good listener. On the walls of her office are posted notices reminding patients to report the medicines they need or obtain relevant prescriptions they need while there. In addition, patients can call their pharmacists for necessary refills. About a week ago, I had to call in for an unplanned doctor’s appointment. I was contacted within 24 hours to let me know that Dr. Box was out of the office and would not return until after January. Dr. Jane Box is a physician who is a trailblazer in her field. She conducts clinical research in order to assist patients and other physicians in discovering necessary and suitable treatments for rheumatoid arthritis and other auto-immune diseases. If she is not available, you can be sure that she is off somewhere lecturing to those in the field or researching how to help arthritis patients everywhere to limit/eliminate their pain, find appropriate medicines, or to cure arthritis, if, in fact, that is possible. So, if an appointment is made, it is in your best interest not to overlook it, fail to verify it, nor fail to be present for your appointment. Every time I go in for an office visit, the room is filled with many patients who are willing to wait to see her. What I like about Dr. Jane Box, is that we are not herded through like animals because she takes up ample time to ensure that her patients get what they need from her in their visits. Patients who understand this appreciate and accept why their wait time may have to take a little longer because quality care is well worth the wait. As a matter of fact, witnessing the amount of patients in her office all the time has an immense reflection on the type of physician she is and medical care that she provides. With all things considered, I think Dr. Jane Box is an awesome physician who works over and beyond to satisfy the needs of her patients, colleagues, and those who will benefit from giving and receiving arthritis and other auto-immune disease care. I thank God that I have found such a caring, experienced, well-informed, and professional physician. I can promise you this, discovering someone in her caliber will be difficult to locate. I appreciate that I am able to live a quality life with less pain. If anything, Dr. Jane Box deserves all the recognitions, praise, and thanks from those she works tirelessly to assist.

July 15th, 2014
Very unhappy patient
I have never experienced anything like this office in my life. My wait time normally far exceeds an hour, sometimes several hours. I work too, but I guess that doesn't matter. My time has no value? Get a refill, forget it, you will never see it. Not just once but always!!!! The amazing this is these are drugs that it is very important you not stop taking, very dangerous to miss doses, but apparently they could care less. I noticed another patient that said you will never see Dr. Jane...BINGO. If you can ever get an appointment she cancels it and then they cant reschedule you for another 4 months!!! Refuse to give you test results, that has to be by appt, however you cant get an appt. I had an MRI and could not get results for 4 months!!!!! This doctor needs to retire...actually I guess she already did....just didnt tell anybody!!! This place is pathetic. The only recommendation I have is to RUN THE OTHER WAY!! I do not want to answer the star questions because they do not even derserve one star

March 10th, 2014
I left 3 messages to make an appointment for new patient. No one ever returned my call. When I finally spoke with someone she assured me someone would return the call- no one ever did. Absolutely unacceptable to treat potential patients this way and poor lack of communication.

October 15th, 2013
Dr. Box is a good doctor that knows her stuff. Unfortunately, you will never see her. You are herded through this place like cattle. I have seen her all of 5 minutes in 6 months. No one else there can do anything but spin their wheels waiting on her and she has no time to see anyone. Why have a medical practice if you aren't able to see patients? Don't waste your time, too frustrating, nothing gets accomplished. HUGE waste of time!!!

September 4th, 2013
Dr. Jane Box
I have be a patient of Dr. Jane for over ten years. She was the second Rheumatologist I saw after being diagnosed with SLE, (Lupus). My first was another local Rheumatologist who was to busy to help with educating myself with all the who, what, when, and how, I needed to know. He told me about one book, period. I was on my own to discover what the next step would be. After a two week hospital stay because of the Lupus and no visit from him, my Internist and I chose Dr. Jane after talking to her on the phone. Not only did Dr. Jane speak to us during a visit with my Internist, she spoke again to my Internist before the joint conversation. My first visit with Dr. Jane was long but she spend time with me. She had read my records, explained about the local LFA chapter of NC., books, clothing to wear to protect me from the sun, etc. I felt great coming out of her office that day. Game plan set!!! Skip to 2013. Yes, I still have Lupus. But I have been treated very well. Okay, in the passed I have had to wait extra time. No one has ever been rude or unkind. So many of her employees have become friends. I can only thing of one employee that I am glad that is no longer in their employment. My drug study has been going on for over four years and I am bless by being on it. So to those who have not been pleased, I am so sorry. My disease has not always had a smooth ride but both Drs. Box have been there for me and my husband. In times when the disease is flaring, Dr.Jane explains everything to him.

May 25th, 2013
Research your doctor
Dr. Jane Box is a busy doctor. She is so busy, she forgets she is busy with patients. She needs to stop and listen to her patients. I can imagine that after a day of listening to suffering patients may be hard. Nonetheless, her patients are not going in for a bump or bruise, they are going in with a painful disease. I am looking for a new doctor after my last visit.

April 16th, 2013
STAY AWAY!
Save yourself the frustration, headache, and irritation of this doctor and its office. The 1st visit was ok but after that you feel like cattle being processed. She has her hand on the doorknob most of the 5 min. she is with me. Phone calls are not returned promptly if ever. If you have an emergency..forget it, you are on your own. This "doctor" nor it's staff cares about you personally. It's all about moving the patients thru and taking their money. She would not refill my RX when I was out of town for 2 months, even though I saw her 3-4 months ago. I needed to come in for a visit(more $ for her). How can I do that when I am 2000 miles away?! She didn't care if I was out of my meds and suffering. What kind of "doctor" is that?! I hope you heed the warning and find a good doctor. Life is too short to pay people to treat you like garbage. If I could give her a NO star review I would.

September 6th, 2011
Highly Recommend
I would highly recommend Dr Jane for any female who is suffering from fibromyalgia, arthritis, or any other long-term, chronic pain condition. I had more information in 15 minutes with Dr Jane than I had received in 4-5 years with my previous rheumatologist. She has a great patient bedside manner and is very knowledgeable.

March 22nd, 2011
This opinion is based on several visits.The staff is rude and unresponsive. It takes multiple calls to the office to get test results or to complete record requests. The doctor spends most of the appoinment with one hand on the door, so she can go to the next appointment. She is prone to punt, i.e. "lets send you to a research hospital".