Dr. Emily Carrico Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Emily Carrico?

My experience was without a doubt the worst I've had.

Posted on April 9th, 2012

Ms. Carrico was and absolute displeasure to be around. She was rude, unhelpful, and basically accused me of making up a fake illness in the emergency room, despite having spent several days in the hospital with a life threatening hemorrhage in the days prior. I was sent to the ER closest to my home per my regular OBGYN's urging and unfortunately complied. She more than once asked me if I was a drug seeker, was extremely rude to my family that was there for support, and could have cared less that I was a patient of hers. I hold doctorate in Biology, and she spoke to me like I was an incompetent teenager. I understand in downtown Portland emergency rooms, there are a lot of sketchy people coming in and out, and it was clear I was not one of them. I never once asked for pain medication and expressed great concern that I wanted to fix the problem at hand. It wasn't until she spoke to my family and primary OB that she began to treat me with a little bit of respect. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone that needs serious help from an intelligent physician. Doctors should be good at what they do, and also love what they do enough to treat those who are in a situation of peril (as well as their family members there for support) with the respect that the deserve, if they are clearly there because they HAVE to be, not because they are looking for a pain medication fix. Absolutely disgusted by her attitude and hope to never experience anything like that again.

Posted on November 14th, 2014