Overall Review

3.8

September 15th, 2015
Excellent doctor. The amount of time she spends with a patient and the care she provides are very rare.

May 14th, 2015
Exceptional care
Do they make doctors like this anymore -- doctors who take the time to explain everything they are doing, who explain their thought processes in coming to a diagnosis, who are clearly highly intelligent and yet humble enough to work their own front desk in the morning before the official receptionist arrived? I was deeply impressed with Dr. Chan for all of these reasons, especially since I haven't come across another doctor this caring in my 10 years in the city. Do know that the office digs aren't posh. The elevator is slow, the building is old and shows its age. But if quality of care is more important to you than a beautiful office, I can't recommend this doctor enough. (I heard fluent English, as well as Mandarin, Cantonese and other dialects of Chinese spoken in the office.)

January 15th, 2015
Dirty small office..she just like to slice skin

March 17th, 2014
A doctor who actually spends time with you...
While most busy doctors out there wants to screen patients as quickly as possible so that he/she can see the next patient, Dr Chan is a rare exception. If you make an appointment, most patients actually get 1/2 hour with her. She really listens and very attentive to your needs. Another thing is that when she determines that if no treatment was done to you, she will actually refund your money. The only con (which is not really one) is that she works in Chinatown and sometimes she sometimes have problems communicating in Chinese so she often has to ask the receptionist to translate.

December 3rd, 2013
Horrific experience
I came to see Dr. Chan for a 3:30 appointment. I sat and stood there for 2 hours with an agonizing abscess on my butt. There were two ahead of me and they were taking forever. At 4:30 I was assured I would be next when another patient came in. At 5:00, Dr. Chan came out and said "I have to take him first". Didn't even look at me. No explanation. The receptionist Lied To My Face and said, "Oh, he came in before you". I said, "so if another Chinese person shows up while I'm waiting, can I assume they will be taken before me as well?" No answer, just some freakin' nonsensical gobbledygook. I left and walked home in excruciating pain.

January 26th, 2012
Strange and inconsistent bedside manner. She appears as she cares but then she disappears and does a poor job of following-up. I had to constantly chase her for results.

November 30th, 2011
Weirdest bedside manners. Does not convey competence

July 23rd, 2010
Very compassionate doctor
Dr. Chan is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor who spent a lot of time explaining my diagnosis, explaining the surgical procedure and answering my questions. I felt like I was in good hands and things worked out well.