Dr. Emily Diltz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emily Diltz?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 5 Ratings with 1 Comment

April 19th, 2011

Yesterday was the 5th appointment I had scheduled with Dr. Diltz. The Previous 4 had been canceled and rescheduled on her offices part due to mix-ups and poor scheduling. I arrived early for my appointment, being a new patient for paperwork, I then waited over 2 hours before being taken into a room where the nurse proceeded to ask the same questions I had answered on the paper work. While in the waiting room I sat and watched numerous other patients come and go, one of which was 50 minutes late for their appointment! After waiting in the exam room for another 30 minutes plus I decided to leave. I understand the doctor may be busy but she must understand her patients time may be just as valuable!I walked out to the elevator and while getting in the doctor runs out of her office to catch me and tells me she is now ready to see me. If this is any indications as to how her office and practice is run then count me out! I explained to her the numerous times I had appointments scheduled and the 3 days I had taken off of work to see her only to be told "sorry not today" etc. and then finally how this day had been. She apologized and actually said that "sometimes I don't even know whats going on in the office"! I will never consider this doctor again and will warn others of the poor treatment I received there. ParkWest is an excellent facility and I have several others I see there, however, I will not be counting this doctor as one.

Doctor's Response

I am employed physician of Covenant health. At the time of this incident,I had minimal control over my schedule and would be scheduled to be in two places at once or pulled to cover for other physicians with health care problems who could not meet the demands of their schedule. I have no input into the employees in the office. I am not included in interviews or hiring of the front desk or the nurses. Because of complaints like the one above the schedule has been adjusted. My timeliness is being tracked so that changes can be made to the system. My goal is to stay on time but give every patient the time they need for their problems some of which are quite serious. If I run late it is because I am giving the best care that I can to each person I see and rest assured I will do the same for you.

SHOW