A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Emily Doherty:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Emily Doherty is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Emily Doherty, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.) and Pediatrics.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Chromosome Disorders
- Down Syndrome
- Mental Retardation
Education & Awards
Dr. Doherty graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Doherty has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Emily Saks Doherty MD is a female Medical Geneticist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics, Clinical Genetics, and M.D..
- Where does Dr. Emily S. Doherty practice?
- Dr. Emily Doherty has 2 office locations.
Dr. Emily Doherty practices Pediatrics, Clinical Genetics, and M.D. near Roanoke, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Lynchburg, VA.
See Roanoke Pediatricians and Roanoke Geneticists.