Dr. Emily Friedman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 6th, 2016
Great surgeon
Amazing surgeon who gave me my life back. I was in so much pain when I went to see her and after she preformed surgery on an L5, S1 issue I have no more pain. No issues what so ever in the past 14 months since my surgery. I can play with my kids again!! She is very compassionate and takes time to listen and cares about you and your outcome LONG TERM. Her office staff is great and I recommend her to everyone I know who is having back or neck issues.

December 27th, 2015
Dr. Friedman is superb
Dr. Friedman was beyond fantastic. She took time each and every visit to answer questions while explaining the diagnosis and treatment options. She took an interest in making sure my knowledge was complete. She thanked me and my family for letting her help me. I was so impressed with her manner and attitude. She is extremely well-trained with an impeccable bedside manner. I highly recommend her.

December 16th, 2015
Back Surgery
very talented surgeon. I had complications during surgery and she was super competent. Very intelligent woman and capable person.

November 17th, 2015
Dr Friedman helped me.
Dr Friedman helped me with excruciating pain issues. I would recommend her to anyone.

November 12th, 2015
Referral to anyone needing a Dr. Of this natute
AWESOME DOCTOR !!! Been a patient for 4 years! She doesn't pull any punches! Very positive abd inspirational....made a major difference in my injury!! Worked to provide every realistic option available to.Me! Even though my final outcome was referral to pain mgmt. I know that she cared about my outcome abd my future. A truely compassionate yet realistic doctor. I would certainly recommend her!!

September 29th, 2015
Gave me my life back
Amazing surgeon!! I had bulged a disc about 10 years ago and finally couldn't take it anymore. I had sciatic pain running down my right leg into my foot. I was getting the run around from my insurance about conservative treatment. Office staff and Dr Friedman were amazing at getting insurance to approve much needed surgery. Went in almost unable to walk and came out feeling great. My pain was GONE! Doctor Friedman was wonderful. Took time to explain everything to me and my husband, followed up and really cares about how you are progressing. It's been almost 5 months since my surgery and I feel great. I had been to SEVERAL other neurosurgeons over the past few years and ALL have suggested surgery. I only felt confident in Dr. Friedman. The other "big name" places don't treat you with genuine concern like she does.

November 11th, 2014
Flawless Care Provided
From Day 1 I was treated with respect and received extreme urgency to fulfill my situation. After electing to get a back fusion with Dr Friedman, I was treated like a part of the family. She and her staff made me feel right at home and made me smile even when I was in enough pain to cry! Its been 6 months since my surgery and I am back to being myself, now with the knowledge of how to take care of myself and respect my back injury. If Dr. Friedman had a primary care license I would switch to her in a heart beat! A huge thank you to the staff for all their help this past year!

November 8th, 2012
Great Surgeon but full of her self when it doent work.
I thought she was the best doctor anyone could possibly have. Then after the surgery when im still in pain she acts like i should be doing cart wheels. She is arrogant to say the least.

November 1st, 2012
The Diagnosis is always right the first time. She works at an excellent surgical hospital. I had back and neck surgery for the first time and i feel that her work is excellent and she won't have to go back and redo her work. I feel the fusions will last.

November 1st, 2012
I have enjoyed my experience with Dr Friedman and her staff. They were very professional and personable. I was very at ease with all staff members. I would absolutely recommend Dr Friedman to any one with back or neck issues.

October 30th, 2012
She is Excellent
I could barely walk,in constant pain,my legs would give out,my back wouldn't let me bend or lift anything or play with my nieces & nephews. After Dr. Friedman done Spinal fusion surgery and replaced 3 of my disks, I'm pain free, can walk and even run, can play with my nieces&nephewsand do anything I want. She and her staff are Fantastic and I refer everyone I know to her cause without her I don't know what my life would be today. She truly is a Blessing from God and I love her like a family member.

October 1st, 2012
Excellent Outcome
I had suffered from lower back pain for years and pretty much lived on pain pills. Recently, it went from painful to extremely bad such that I could not even walk. Dr. Friedman did a lapendectomy (sp). When I awoke, I didn't have any pain at all. I thought it must be the anethesia but it wasn't. I became aware that for the first time in years I had no back pain, pain down the legs, etc. When I say no pain I mean absolutely no pain at all...none! I will forever be grateful that Dr. Friedman finally put to rest what no other doctor, procedure, pill etc, could do over much of my adult life.