inactive

Emily E Lazarou MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 19th, 2015
She's MY Lifesaver
I've been a patient of Dr. L for over 5 years. She has helped me to understand myself better. I suffer from depression, but working with Dr. L - I know that I'm more stable than I have ever been. I know that I am truly more happy and am more in control of my life. Thanks so much, Dr. L - you're a lifesaver!

September 16th, 2015
Changed my life
What can I say about Dr. Lazarou? When we met, my life was falling apart due to anxiety problems. I was constantly ill-at-ease and found it difficult to even leave the house at times. I fought her for a year, thinking I knew better, and could only really accept that I needed outside help when I hit rock bottom and my anxiety cost me my job. At that point, I dropped my resistance and began to work on myself with the Dr.'s guidance. I journaled daily. I talked about really uncomfortable and embarrassing aspects of myself. I made the effort to really listen when she said things I didn't want to hear. I took medication when my pride told me I was "above them". It was hard, hard work. Things improved slowly, but in time, everything had changed . I've worked my way into a promising new career, I'm learning to live with my myself as I am, and I became well enough that my wife and I decided to have a baby. She was born two days ago, and I know I'm now able to be the stable father she deserves. If I had never met her, I honestly doubt I'd be nearly as well as I am now. Thank you, Dr. L.

March 11th, 2015
GREAT GOT EVEN GREATER!
She is GREAT! I've been with her for years and now that she has her virtual practice - it's gotten even BETTER. I have seen her in my bed, in my car, in the parking lot outside of work when I had a crisis. This doctor even saw me when she was in the hospital having her TWINS. I can't believe that still. She really is the best doctor out there, and I'm lucky she's my doctor.

July 15th, 2014
Knowledgeable and Caring
Dr. L is a fantastic psychiatrist and has helped me once again gain control of my life and future. I can't thank her enough!

August 20th, 2013
Dude
Dr. Lazarou is extremely bright and personable and probably cares more about you than you care about yourself. I've always looked forward to talking with her even though she wants me to visit a little more often than I want to or believe to be necessary. She is not profiteering, she is developing into a great Doctor.

August 6th, 2013
Treatment
Dr. Lazarou is very friendly and professional. She connects with you on a personal level, and provides you with honest feed back. I have continued treatment with her for over a year now, and I have seen a lot of improvement in my life. As for negative comments, her bedside manner is different. The approach is: this is the issue and we need to work on it. At first, I didn't really appreciate it, but now that I know her; she just wants to help. She helps by giving the advice and medication you need and making you do your part.

May 7th, 2013
Everyone gives 4 stars's except this disgruntled ex-patron with too much time on his and her hands.
My friend goes here and is an awesome person, with certain instabilities. Dr. Lazarou is obviously brilliant because I've never seen my friend more alive and productive. He has had difficulties with several other doctors prescribing him the medication he obviously needed. I understand the stigma around potent medications, and she gave him what he needed below an addictive dose. Thank you doctor for being the first one to be understanding to his needs and bring him back to a healthy state.

February 13th, 2013
Hired her for my case and it worked out GREAT!
I hired this doctor as an expert in a custody case that I had against my husband who has some mental health issues. This doctor evaluated my husband, spoke with my attorney and worked with us in court. She testified and was concise and just so great. I was hopeful with the outcome and I just found out that the judge ruled in my favor! Thanks to this doctor - my kids are safe. I'm satisfied.

January 17th, 2013
Attorney
This physician is extremely hostile and overtly accusatory. Assumes the worst of patients before she gets to know them, rather than assuming the best until shown otherwise. Terrible bedside manner, insists on TYPING throughout entire sessions rather than listening to you. HORRIBLE. WASTE. OF. MONEY. DO NOT HIRE THIS DOCTOR!

November 19th, 2012
HELPED MY DAUGHTER BE WHO I KNEW SHE WAS
This doctor was referred to me when I was having troubles with my teen daughter. She had run away, was using drugs, and almost failing out of school. She was fighting us and the police needed to be called. This doctor has single-handedly put our family back together. We have listened to her instruction and our family is closer. Our daughter now just got Honor Roll, something I would have never thought even though she is smart. My daughter is starting to stand up for herself and has developed hobbies. I'm grateful. My daughter is happy, and that's what's important.

September 29th, 2012
INCREDIBLE!
I have never been so happy to work so hard. This doctor has made my life incredible. She's smart, insightful and just caring. She's great.

July 8th, 2012
BEAUTY AND BRAINS!
I have been to therapy the majority of my adult life. This doctor knows what she is doing! She has gotten me on the right meds and we are working on my relationship with my wife and my productivity in my business in therapy. Great doctor. Great person.