Dr. Emily Ostrowski MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 23rd, 2012
Got an appointment as a walk-in
Dr. Ostrowski did a great job of working with me, having me take an in-office test, and getting medicine prescribed in a punctual manner. I felt she did a fine job, especially since I am a patient of one of the other doctors in the practice who was not in that day.

October 18th, 2012
Looking for a new doc? Go elsewhere!
I don't visit the doctor often - once a year on avg and that s plenty. i made an appoint to see Dr. Ostrowski for a time-sensitive issue (feeling faint, dizziness, vision issues). Since I drive long distances daily for work, I needed to have the problem addressed quickly. The office must have thought it was an important issue too as I called and was scheduled the next morning. I will mention when I tried to call the office to make my appoint, I received a recording until after 1:40 telling me the office hours and that they were closed - apparently the phones must have been turned off - convenient. I arrived for my appoint at 10:15, and I was told I needed to reschedule. My appoint was at 10:15, but I was told I should have been there at 10:00. I was not told that on the phone with the scheduler, and I did not receive an appoint reminder phone call like the miserable receptionist said I did. This was not my fault, yet I was being told it was. Me - The PatientThe staff is outright rude. No one smiles. No one even says hello when you walk in. They ask if you're here for an appointment and then tell you not to bother signing in. They don't make eye contact. I took off work for my appoint. Since when is the patient no longer important? Dr. Emily, you and the other doctors at Arrowhead Family Physicians should take a look at how your staff interacts with clients. It is time for a change. You've lost this patient, and you're bound to lose more. Promedica will probably no appreciate that. Unless it is a trickle-down effect and you are miserable too, you should take note and action with your staff. It has been this way for a number of years, and you should not allow your patients to be treated this way.

October 25th, 2011
Dr.Ostrowski is a wonderful doctor !
She is the best doctor I have ever had. She takes the time to listen to my concerns and she is very thorough.

February 21st, 2011
lack of concern for patient, unprofessional
Dr. Ostrowski refused a request to call me directly concerning my daughter's care. For 2 weeks I had to call almost daily and was simply told by the office manager that she gave her the message but couldn't force her to call me.

August 19th, 2009
Highly Recommended!
I have never before had a doctor who took the time to truly listen to my questions and address all of them with such a high level of professionalism and concern. It felt like I was talking to a friend with a medical degree instead of a doctor. Dr. Ostrowski has the perfect combination of knowledge and friendliness that is hard to find in today's society.