Dr. Emily Serrano MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Brockton, MA

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

May 24th, 2017
An abusive and dangerous doctor. Beware.
Not recommended. Near the end of 2016, suffering from acute back pain I sought help at Brockton Hospital. Dr. Serrano did not believe my symptoms. I could stand for one minute, walk for a few minutes and after that I’d collapse to the ground from increasing pain. Either she believed erroneously that I was a drug seeker or she’s a sadist. She tried to force me to sit, but I could not. She berated me, demanded that I sit, and as I lay on the ground, unable to stay standing, ignored my plea “Call 911, call the police.” Then she ordered me out of the hospital and forced me to take a cab. Over and over I said: “I cannot sit, I cannot take a cab.” But it was clear that she would call the police and looking so poorly, and fearing the police, (who would they listen to?) in desperation, I tried to use the cab but could not bend my legs. Someone forced my legs into the cab causing extreme pain and destroying my Right Vastus medialis muscle. All this is recorded on security cameras and she will answer for her actions in front of a jury, and so will Brockton Hospital for not having protocols in place to protect a patient. The next day I called 911 and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, admitted, had a MRI & CAT and was diagnosed with severe bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis. After a spinal steroid shot I recovered, though my Right Vastus medialis muscle appears destroyed. Dr. Serrano left me laying outside the ED on the concrete in 23 degree weather for about 15 minutes. She never even asked what I do for a job. I’m a licensed Occupational Health RN in both MA and NH (John Stephen Flynn, RN). I’m 66 was and unable to bathe, shower or stand for a few days I looked pretty bad that day—but that does NOT make me a narcotics seeker. I sought help and received ridicule, was assaulted, suffered battery, humiliated and severely damaged. Beware of this doctor and beware of Brockton hospital for not having protocols in place to protect me.